A Finger For Boeing

brad

The Prez - Arithmomaniac
Reaction score
http://www.wkrg.com/mobilesmakeover/article/a_finger_for_boeing/15153/

Mobile's future as the world's third manufacturer of large airplanes is still very much up in the air.

The Air Force has made no decision about what to do since the Government Accountability Office sided with Boeing on Wednesday.

Their recommendation is a re-bid on the 40 billion dollar military contract.

Northrop Grumman and EADS are flying under the radar these days... giving a local chicken-finger restaurant the chance to steal the spotlight.

They have a deal for Boeing that some say is finger-licking good!

The Mobile-based Foosackly's chain has a new sign up that says "We would like to offer Boeing a finger."

The brainchild of the billboard is Foosackly's owner Will Fusaiotti. He says he was clearing the marquis sign and was thinking of what to put up. "I was like we're gonna go with "71 days til football season" to start ramping up football season letting people know. As we were doing it, I said ahh let's wait on that. Let's do something about this whole Boeing thing they announced."

Usually Foosackly's creative advertising comes from the Red Square Agency. Rich Sullivan admits that his team had no hand in this one. "Sometimes the client will come to the table with some pretty great stuff and this is one of those cases. He managed to do something tongue in cheek that obviously people get a huge kick out of when you've got the guts to say what everybody else is thinking."

Depending on the feedback, the billboard will stay up through the end of the week.

If you're interested in a mini version of the message, bumper stickers will be available at the restaurant soon.

This is a local restaurant that I eat at weekly...pretty funny stuff

Kind of a shame how the deal got taken away. That could have created a lot of jobs for the folks of Mobile. The ground breaking ceremony for the facility was supposed to be this week, but that's obviously been shelved.

I think the GAO was absolutely correct. Northrop Grumman should never have been awarded the contract to start with. Can anyone forget their shipbuilding fiasco that cost taxpayers billions?
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m5072/is_16_30/ai_n25487668

What are you basing this assessment off of?

That link has nothing to do with the current situation.

Maybe you forgot how a Boeing employee had secret papers belonging to Lockheed Martin in a bid for another Airforce Contract.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2002146025_boeinglockheed09.html

What are you basing this assessment off of?

That link has nothing to do with the current situation.

I'm basing it on the GAO's findings comments that Boeing proposed to do more work and was more responsive to the technical requirements in their proposal. How can you say that Northrop Grumman's prior performance on government contracts is not relevant?? :bang: It's normally a big factor in deciding who will be awarded the contract.

Maybe you forgot how a Boeing employee had secret papers belonging to Lockheed Martin in a bid for another Airforce Contract.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2002146025_boeinglockheed09.html
I wasn't aware of the link you provided. Sorry for being so dense, but what does that situation have to do with this one?

I'm basing it on the GAO's findings comments that Boeing proposed to do more work and was more responsive to the technical requirements in their proposal. How can you say that Northrop Grumman's prior performance on government contracts is not relevant?? :bang: It's normally a big factor in deciding who will be awarded the contract.

I wasn't aware of the link you provided. Sorry for being so dense, but what does that situation have to do with this one?

Looks like Boeing hires some dishonest people.

However you slice it...the people who lose is our warfighters. They need those tankers YESTERDAY. The current ones in deployment are 50 years old.

Also, the Airforce doesn't have to follow the GAO's recommendation. They could still go with Northrop if they wanted to, although at this point it seems they will start from scratch and start the bidding process all over again.

It's still anyone's contract to win, and it's $35 billion. It's only 1 of 3 upcoming contracts totaling $100B.

Looks like Boeing hires some dishonest people.
Do you think all NG employees are saints? Hopefully not. There are dishonest people everywhere. If they hired that guy because of the proprietary information he could provide them, then I would agree with you. But I don't think that's an issue.

However you slice it...the people who lose is our warfighters. They need those tankers YESTERDAY. The current ones in deployment are 50 years old.
I'm all for our military and anything that makes their job safer or easier. It's a shame this procurement wasn't put out many years ago.

Also, the Airforce doesn't have to follow the GAO's recommendation. They could still go with Northrop if they wanted to, although at this point it seems they will start from scratch and start the bidding process all over again.

It's still anyone's contract to win, and it's $35 billion. It's only 1 of 3 upcoming contracts totaling $100B.
The government shouldn't put out RFP's and then not follow their own guidelines for evaluating the responses. I'm sure both companies invested many thousands of dollars in preparing their proposals and what's happened here is very unfair to both of them. I don't believe the AF will go against the GAO on this ruling either because the AF has already screwed this up big time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back