southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
Romanian church groups oppose abortion for 11-year-old pregnant rape victim

By ALISON MUTLER
Associated Press Writer
Published on: 06/26/08
BUCHAREST, Romania — Twenty church groups on Thursday urged a government committee not to allow an 11-year-old girl who was raped by her uncle go to Britain for an abortion.

The anti-abortion Christian Orthodox groups also threatened to press charges if the girl were allowed to have a termination in Romania on exceptional grounds.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/news/stories/2008/06/26/Romania_Pregnant_Child.html

I sincerely hope the gov't committee stays out of her life.

I think they should at least castrate the sick SOB who did this to her or is that illegal too?

Government and Church. Double trouble.

If you belong to the church it is the churches duty to try to have you follow Gods law. It is never the gov't duty to make you follow Church law.

Why would any church want an 11 year old RAPE victim to give birth? :banghead: That is flippin crazy.
The little girl has experienced the trauma and brutally of being raped. So these jackazzes believe she should experience birth??? At 11 years of age?!?!?!
@#$^*(*^%

Why would any church want an 11 year old RAPE victim to give birth? :bandhead: That is flippin crazy.
The little girl has experienced the trauma and brutally of being raped. So these jackazzes believe she should experience birth??? At 11 years of age?!?!?!
@#$^*(*^%

Truly - it boggles the mind.

Poor baby, both of them. I cant imagine giving birth at 11. I hope she has good medical care and doesnt get a fistula from it.

Why would any church want an 11 year old RAPE victim to give birth? :banghead: That is flippin crazy.
@#$^*(*^%
Because life is life. Why do you assume the act of childbirth is more traumatic than abortion - the killing of the life within?
Yeah, life is hard. But being the victim of the crime of rape is not eareased by an abortaion.
If she were not religious this would not be an issue, your morals don't aply!!. Being a believer in Chirst means bringing that life to fuition, not killing it. That is the Churches view. God loves life in all its stages!

Because life is life. Why do you assume the act of childbirth is more traumatic than abortion - the killing of the life within?

Did you read my entire post?:doh:

An 11 year old doesn't need to have a baby!
An 11 year old girl's body isn't physically ready to have a baby.
For gawds sake most 11 year olds haven't had a period yet.
Surgery----She can be put to sleep for the surgery.

You really need to think about what you posted.

@#$^*(*^%

Yes I did. And your point???

I'm a Catholic & I'm normally against abortion, but this is one of those scenarios where I am torn. If she DOES give birth, they need to put her to sleep and deliver the baby by c-section...by NO means should she have to go through labor and a vaginal delivery, she is a mere baby herself.

This is one of those cases where I almost think this pregnancy should be stopped. What if she dies from trying to give birth to this baby? What then? She was RAPED....she wasn't having consentual sex.

An 11 year old doesn't need to have a baby!
An 11 year old girl's body isn't physically ready to have a baby.
For gawds sake most 11 year olds haven't had a period yet.
Surgery----She can be put to sleep for the surgery.

You really need to think about what you posted.
I can easily claim the same..

I'm a Catholic & I'm normally against abortion, but this is one of those scenarios where I am torn. If she DOES give birth, they need to put her to sleep and deliver the baby by c-section...by NO means should she have to go through labor and a vaginal delivery, she is a mere baby herself.

This is one of those cases where I almost think this pregnancy should be stopped. What if she dies from trying to give birth to this baby? What then? She was RAPED....she wasn't having consentual sex.

If she does give birth odds are it will be a csection. She probably isnt wide enough to give birth and it would prevent a fistula. But its Romania and who knows what finances her family has.

Yeah, life is hard. But being the victim of the crime of rape is not eareased by an abortaion.
If she were not religious this would not be an issue, your morals don't aply!!. Being a believer in Chirst means bringing that life to fuition, not killing it. That is the Churches view. God loves life in all its stages!

Why do you assume abortion is more traumatic than giving birth????
God loves life in all it's stages...then He must love life in it's "dying stages."

I agree. Making her have this child is a crime.:mad:

Why do you assume abortion is more traumatic than giving birth????
God loves life in all it's stages...then He must love life in it's "dying stages."
I assume it will be tragic to the mother - in this case a child killing her unborn.

Yes , God loves life in all it's stages...but, to choose in this stage to kill over giving live birth,- is one that the mother has to deal with, not the unborn.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back