Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Kevin G admitted to dumping the safe - I don't think he would have admitted that if he didn't in fact dump it...

I'm thinking Gagnon was as stupid/naive as MJ as far as law enforcement catching on to what they were up to (thank God!). I don't think either one of them ever dreamed they would be suspected of this, much less caught and charged!

The point is if RG was in Texas for a day or days after the phone convo's with MJ on the 25th, why didn't he dump the safe then? Possibly because he wasn't in Texas but in Vermont from the at least the 25th on. We have no confirmation that RG was in Texas when he said he was. Anyone, such as Kevin, could have signed on to RG's computer in Texas.

But Kevin G admitted to dumping the safe - I don't think he would have admitted that if he didn't in fact dump it...

I'm thinking Gagnon was as stupid/naive as MJ as far as law enforcement catching on to what they were up to (thank God!). I don't think either one of them ever dreamed they would be suspected of this, much less caught and charged!
He must really be stupid...I CANNOT believe he didn't get rid of it himself. I'm sure he was aware that Brooke was already dead when he left Texas- which BTW will only add to his ton of other charges (failure to report a crime). Oh boy, is he sick!! But, leaving that stuff behind is just SO unbelievable. I think he was running a business...with his friend the landlord...destroying all the info there would be the last thing he would want to do...especially if he was just a partner in it. I don't think it's in any dumpster.

And here I thought you were going to rest and relax today! I hope you did manage to do that, DS. You work so tirelessly for all of us here...you deserve it!
My dearest RR,:blowkiss:
Nice to see you!

I rested a little lol.

Gagnon will be in court on monday at 1pm. I will be at work at that time.
The question about Gagnon being here in Vermont was brought up when the affidavit was released and it was found out by the Feds that he was not here at the time Brooke disappeared.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

There is a science to searching landfills. I learned that from the Lori Hacking case. It took awhile to find her. But she was dumped into a commercial dumpster, which is the best scenario. Because they keep specific tabs on what location the garbage ends up. So if this safe (pretty indestructable) was dumped into a commercial dumpster, it should be located fairly intact eventually at the landfill. Now I'm thinking the dumpster is NOT where the safe was disposed of.

BTW, all that was found of Lori Hacking was 15 lbs of her.

He must really be stupid...I CANNOT believe he didn't get rid of it himself. I'm sure he was aware that Brooke was already dead when he left Texas- which BTW will only add to his ton of other charges (failure to report a crime). Oh boy, is he sick!! But, leaving that stuff behind is just SO unbelievable. I think he was running a business...with his friend the landlord...destroying all the info there would be the last thing he would want to do...especially if he was just a partner in it. I don't think it's in any dumpster.

I know what you are saying...this entire thing is so unbelieveable! Every time I think I have something figured out, there are a thousand more questions. You are right - he MUST have known that Brooke was already dead when he left Texas - what else could have possibly happened to her? Even if MJ told him that Brooke had run away, I would think Gagnon would still have stashed the safe before he left...but then why would Kevin G tell the FBI that he dumped it? I just can't wrap my brain around this...:confused:

then why would Kevin G tell the FBI that he dumped it? I just can't wrap my brain around this...:confused:

Because Kevin G did dump the safe. Keep in mind, he may have always been the only one in Texas to change the myspace and dump the safe

ETA: other than RG stating to the FBI that he was in Texas on the 25th, we've been given no proof he was. I could be wrong, but I'm suspicious.

It doesn't say from his (Gagnon's) computer, it says from a laptop computer located at blah, blah, blah.

I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate or imply that Grosenheiden is involved in this other than to stupidly throw out Grogan's safe and laptop.

Exactly. So how do we know Gagnon signed on to the isp in Texas? One thing is for sure....Kevin G. admitted to being there. It was HIS house and ISP.

Because Kevin G did dump the safe. Keep in mind, he may have always been the only one in Texas to change the myspace and dump the safe.

That is definitely a possibility, but I think Kevin G would have told the FBI that Gagnon was not in TX on June 25, if in fact Gagnon had already left TX for VT. There are so many unanswered questions - I hope we get some answers on Monday when Gagnon is in court!

I am hoping that since Kevin G logged on to a computer to change Brookes myspace, they can seize all his computers to check them out?

Woa..I thought it was Ray Gagnon (Brookes stepdad) who logged into her PC at the request of MJ, to change some things around?
You mean to tell me the Kevin G got rid of the safe and played around in Brooke's myspace too?
Why isn't he arrested!!

ETA.
NEVERMIND. I finished reading the thread.

Ok...here is a question...and forgive me for being a stickler for details, but why does Brooke's obit say this:

She was born July 12, 1995 in Randolph the daughter of James and Cassandra Bennett.

I thought they never married?

Ok...here is a question...and forgive me for being a stickler for details, but why does Brooke's obit say this:

She was born July 12, 1995 in Randolph the daughter of James and Cassandra Bennett.

I thought they never married?

I caught that too, RR. I think it may be a case AGAIN of Cassandra not wanting the family business aired! Sheesh...very sad. (Although it does say later in the obit that she is Cassandra Gagnon. When I first saw 'Cassandra Bennett', I figured it was because she did not want to be affiliated with the Gagnon name, but it is at the end of the notice.)

Woa..I thought it was Ray Gagnon (Brookes stepdad) who logged into her PC at the request of MJ, to change some things around?
You mean to tell me the Kevin G got rid of the safe and played around in Brooke's myspace too?
Why isn't he arrested!!
Dearest Evelyn,:blowkiss:
No, it was Gagnon.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

If he was telling the truth. Cell phone pings will ultimately tell where Gagnon really was. If Gagnon was not involved in the plot....then why was MJ so eager to call him? As someone else pointed out, MJ already messed with her account earlier in the day. I guess any way you look at it...it was CYA time.

He will not be able to hide his real location during the time frame of Brooke's disappearance if he was using his cell .

That is definitely a possibility, but I think Kevin G would have told the FBI that Gagnon was not in TX on June 25, if in fact Gagnon had already left TX for VT. There are so many unanswered questions - I hope we get some answers on Monday when Gagnon is in court!
Me, too!!

But, here we have RG brought in for questioning...they confront him with the info about the emails...they want to take a look at the computer...they contact KG (who IMO may be part of some *advertiser censored* business)...oh...the computer is not here...well why not...isn't it your computer?...well RG told me to get rid of it...

I just realized something...the computer WAS missing, right? If it wasn't...as Gilda would say NEVERMIND!
Now as far as the safe? I have NO IDEA who revealed that bit of info

Exactly. So how do we know Gagnon signed on to the isp in Texas? One thing is for sure....Kevin G. admitted to being there. It was HIS house and ISP.

If you believe Grosenheiden, then why don't you believe GAGNON?

D. Statements of Raymond GAGNON

15. On June 30, 2008 and July 1, 2008, GAGNON was interviewed by members of the Vermont State Police and the FBI. GAGON admitted that he rents a room for residential purposes from Kevin Grosenheider at 5414 Timber Pond Road, San Antonio, Texas. He also admitted that on June 25, 2008, he accessed Bennett's MySpace page from a laptop computer located at 5414 Timber Pond Road after being given log in information (user name and password) from JACQUES on June 25, 2008. He advised that when he accessed the account, he changed the user name and password to the account. He denied changing any blog posting information.

15. On June 30, 2008 and July 1, 2008, GAGNON was interviewed by members of the Vermont State Police and the FBI. GAGON admitted that he rents a room for residential purposes from Kevin Grosenheider at 5414 Timber Pond Road, San Antonio, Texas. He also admitted that on June 25, 2008, he accessed Bennett's MySpace page from a laptop computer located at 5414 Timber Pond Road after being given log in information (user name and password) from JACQUES on June 25, 2008. He advised that when he accessed the account, he changed the user name and password to the account. He denied changing any blog posting information.

Well for one, Gagnon doesn't want to be placed anywhere near Vermont on the 25th. In fact having Kevin G sign on to the computer in Texas for him and saying it was himself would give him an alibi wouldn't it? An ISP address does not tell who was sitting at the computer when it was signed in on.

Let's look at this another way. How do we know that RG was physically at his computer in Texas? Because he said so? I'm sure the Feds have more information. If RG was not in Vermont, I'm sure we'll find out on Monday.

I just went back to the affidavit as well. I'm only partially *advertiser censored*-eyed...yes, there was a laptop...and no it wasn't KGs which is what I assumed. But, I do believe the KG connection will come out soon. In reading over the affidavit, one of the charges is destruction of evidence...so why not inlude the so-called phone calls to KG? You've included the phone calls to MJ (I realize that it is to connect the two of them), but why not the calls to KG? Maybe that will appear on the next affidavit (?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member