Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we got a bit ahead of ourselves on Gagnon being in VT at the time of the murder. I understand the confusion, but the affidavit clearly states that RG admitted to being the one to sign onto Brooke's account (from KG's IP address because he lives with him). Don't forget the phone calls back and forth between RG and MJ. LE knows EXACTLY where Ray was at the time. I will have to trust they have checked it out completely and they charged him accordingly so far.

In my opinion, Gagnon was in Texas. I think M.J. called him and asked him to change the screen name, password, and time. I think he said Brooke ran off and you know the first person they will look at is me. I think M.J. got Gagnon to do this by saying if they start checking me out, they will find you out too. I'm sure M.J. had pictures of Gagnon having sex with A.R. , something to hold over his head. I just don't see Gagnon having anything to do with Brooke's death (I could be very wrong) until after the fact. If Gagnon had been molesting children for any length of time, I wonder how he got away with it for so long?

No. I think that might just be a friend of Brooke's. The poster is 15 yo and we know that Savannah is 17-18 yo. (Plus, pretty sure spells her name with h on the end.)

According to Brooke's obit, there is no "h" at the end of Brooke's sister's name, Savanna.

Awww. Sorry, MissVT. Sometimes these cases do cause sleepless nights. This one, in particular, is especially troubling. It is truly a diabolical plot. You just can't make this stuff up in a normal brain. This is why it is so difficult to digest.

One problem I am having with it is that now there are lightbulbs going off in every pervert's head of how to perfect this plot.

I worry about that too.

> One problem I am having with it is that now there are lightbulbs going off in every pervert's head of how to perfect this plot.

I hope not! Although with Jacques and maybe other people around here in cahoots to do such a horrible thing, and then with the ex-stepfather knowing SOMETHING about it and willing to help cover up at least, it makes you wonder just how many truly evil people with no morals there are out there. And they are interacting with us and seem normal but yet would be willing to at least assist in this being done to a child.

Just the little bit that has come out here indicates two adults and one child were willing. If it came down to it, what percentage of the population would also help out? It makes you lose faith in humanity.

According to Brooke's obit, there is no "h" at the end of Brooke's sister's name, Savanna.
Obits can be wrong. Every spelling I have seen includes the h at the end of her name...including her own myspace page. Here is an article which mentions her:

"I hope Brooke knows I'm with her and I will always be with her," she said, standing next to Brooke's older sister Savannah Andress.

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080703/NEWS/310275644

ETA: I stand corrected, she doesn't put an h on the end of it on her myspace. Still..why would she put that she is only 15 yo?

I guess it is up to each parent to thoroughly investigate the background of any adult male who is in contact with their children, especially close family members. And if the man has had any kind of sex offence in the past to not let them around your children unsupervised, not ever.

It is not like the evil Jacques struck without any warning. There was the weird childhood abuse of his sister, then the abducting that other woman who lived. I would like to leave the door open to a man being able to be rehabilitated, but they should never ever be allowed around children again.

However Jacques did not have any child-sex charges against him. That other woman was adult. So it would be hard to predict that he would go for children after that event. Especially if a judge and everyone said he was rehabilitated.

M.J. went to elaborate plans to abduct, torture, rape and kill Brooke. If he intended to use that machine on Brooke...he had to have know that it would cause trauma. She would have eventually told, I'm sure there would have been an investigation. This can only mean he intended to kill her. (Just thinking out loud here) I was leaning more toward him not intending on killing her. But they just went about it too violently (talking about tieing her up, taesering her). I think he meant to kill her and he wanted to by a certain date. The question is why?

In my opinion, Gagnon was in Texas. I think M.J. called him and asked him to change the screen name, password, and time. I think he said Brooke ran off and you know the first person they will look at is me. I think M.J. got Gagnon to do this by saying if they start checking me out, they will find you out too. I'm sure M.J. had pictures of Gagnon having sex with A.R. , something to hold over his head. I just don't see Gagnon having anything to do with Brooke's death (I could be very wrong) until after the fact. If Gagnon had been molesting children for any length of time, I wonder how he got away with it for so long?

I agree, I don't think Gagnon had anything to do w/Brooke's murder. He was in Texas when it happened. He may have helped after the fact once he got to Vermont, disposing of other evidence, etc., hard to say at this point.

IMO he got away with molesting children the same way Jacques did...because kids don't tell and when they do, a great many people refuse to believe them..it is much, much easier to believe a child is making up a lie than to believe a mother/father/stepfather/uncle would be having sex with them.

I guess it is up to each parent to thoroughly investigate the background of any adult male who is in contact with their children, especially close family members. And if the man has had any kind of sex offence in the past to not let them around your children unsupervised, not ever.

It is not like the evil Jacques struck without any warning. There was the weird childhood abuse of his sister, then the abducting that other woman who lived. I would like to leave the door open to a man being able to be rehabilitated, but they should never ever be allowed around children again.

However Jacques did not have any child-sex charges against him. That other woman was adult. So it would be hard to predict that he would go for children after that event. Especially if a judge and everyone said he was rehabilitated.

And as far as I know Gagnon didn't have any sex crimes charges against him.

He's been abusing women since he was eleven. He "successfully" already completed sex offender treatment, BEFORE he started abusing his step daughter at age 9 and BEFORE he abducted and murdered Brooke.

There is no way to rehabilitate this guy. He has already fooled officials, therapists and his probation officer into believing he changed.

He's a sexual predator and nothing, no amount of therapy will change that.

I think the possible reason is MJ needed to produce either photos or a film of the "deed" for others and only had until a specific time. I believe it has to do with the child *advertiser censored* ring both he and RG were into.

I agree, I don't think Gagnon had anything to do w/Brooke's murder. He was in Texas when it happened. He may have helped after the fact once he got to Vermont, disposing of other evidence, etc., hard to say at this point.

IMO he got away with molesting children the same way Jacques did...because kids don't tell and when they do, a great many people refuse to believe them..it is much, much easier to believe a child is making up a lie than to believe a mother/father/stepfather/uncle would be having sex with them.

your right, I know children don't always tell. And they aren't always believed. But molesters do not always start with family and they certainly don't always stick with abusing family members. There are usually warning signs. Gagnon's past stuff may not have come out yet. Really I haven't heard all that much about him.

He's been abusing women since he was eleven. He "successfully" already completed sex offender treatment, BEFORE he started abusing his step daughter at age 9 and BEFORE he abducted and murdered Brooke.

There is no way to rehabilitate this guy. He has already fooled officials, therapists and his probation officer into believing he changed.

I thought he was abusing AR DURING the time he was in therapy.

I agree.

Ray Gagnon isn't listed on any registry that we have found yet. (It won't be long now before he is tho!) I don't believe anyone has found a record for him, but not positive on that.

Ray Gagnon isn't listed on any registry that we have found yet. I don't believe anyone has found a record for him, but not positive on that.

IIRC, Gagnon was arrested for sexually assaulting a minor occurring last summer in Royalton.

Gagnon had been scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday on a sexual assault charge involving a minor but the arraignment was canceled as federal authorities took over. At an afternoon news conference, state police head Col. James Baker said that case was still being investigated and the charge could be refiled.

IIRC, Gagnon was arrested for sexually assaulting a minor occurring last summer in Royalton.

Gagnon had been scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday on a sexual assault charge involving a minor but the arraignment was canceled as federal authorities took over. At an afternoon news conference, state police head Col. James Baker said that case was still being investigated and the charge could be refiled.

Doesn't this have to do with A.R.'s case.

Doesn't this have to do with A.R.'s case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998