Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, what about her sisters young daughter living with him? Did Cassandra have any concern for her safety? 5 years ago there was a little 9 year old girl who needed protecting and it didn't happen :(

VB

I think Good ole Denise should of been looking out for her own daughter and she failed her, too. I think everyone in these girls lives failed them and now one is dead and who knows what will happen to the other one. I was thinking will she go into foster care. Would anyone be safe around her. I wouldn't want my husband or son near her. This is all she knows. :(

Her comment about you don't expect this kind of thing from family. It was common knowledge that MJ sexually abused his sister years ago. If everyone in town knew it she knew it.

Has there been anything said about his sister, where she is today and if she has any type of relationship with her brother now? I'm thinking that she would have the most clear idea of just who her brother is and what he was capable of. Was she aware that he was a step-father to a little girl and had access to another young girl? When the news reports first came out about Brooke missing and he was the 1 who had dropped her off what would she have thought? Does he have other siblings or just the 1 sister?
What about his own mother, is she still living? Why was there no body in this whole family who wanted to protect these little girls?

VB
Excellent point, VB! Why didn't she come forward immediately? You would think since she knew first hand his proclivity towards young females, she would be rushing to LE to fill them in on his past history with her. Then again, if she was raped by Jacques (only going on rumor here)...she may have left it far behind and buried it. I am sure now those old wounds are open and she will have to relive them all again.

It is still so unbelievable how this man's evil can span a lifetime before anyone put a stop to him. It is no wonder he was under the assumption he could get away with this. His whole past is one slap on the hand after another.

Her comment about you don't expect this kind of thing from family. It was common knowledge that MJ sexually abused his sister years ago. If everyone in town knew it she knew it.

Good point Busylady! If everyone in town knew he abused his sister how could she not have.:mad:

Sadly, that was Jim's comment. :(

"You don't expect that kind of thing from family. It's just very hard to comprehend all of it," says Jim Bennett, Brooke's father.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8623432

I have thought really long about the sister. If it is who I think it is, her daughter had the message about her uncle being a *advertiser censored* up on myspace. I wasnt sure how to take that, obviously she knew who her uncle was and that comment made me wonder does the family spend times with Jacques was what happened to her mom just swept under the rug. If my brother did something like that to me, he would no longer exist in my life, my kids would not know him etc. Just raises more questions for me.

Excellent point, VB! Why didn't she come forward immediately? You would think since she knew first hand his proclivity towards young females, she would be rushing to LE to fill them in on his past history with her. Then again, if she was raped by Jacques (only going on rumor here)...she may have left it far behind and buried it. I am sure now those old wounds are open and she will have to relive them all again.

It is still so unbelievable how this man's evil can span a lifetime before anyone put a stop to him. It is no wonder he was under the assumption he could get away with this. His whole past is one slap on the hand after another.

I don't know how the woman has the balls to come out with her statements after Brooke's biological dad, James Bennett and his wife both spoke of their knowledge of MJ's history on Nat'l TV :(

Where is her outrage that her former husband raped AR and covered up the murder of her daughter, his step-daughter he helped raise?! Where is her outrage that MJ had been raping his own step-daughter/ her niece since she was 9 yo or long before?!

Cassandra says she is angry, angry, very angry:

I'm sure all of her anger is towards MJ...

but Cassandra needs a lot of anger placed against herself which I don't think she will ever accept.

IMO

Cassandra says she is angry, angry, very angry:

I'm sure all of her anger is towards MJ...

but Cassandra needs a lot of anger placed against herself which I don't think she will ever accept.

IMO

Denial.... wonderful thought process that it is, keeps her from accepting the responsibility for what has happened... not only to her daughter but her sister's. If she faced the hard cold truth about that, then she would have to face the fact that she has a problem with the men in her life. How many women will face that and say I bear some of this on me... I own it. Not many... they are going to show outrage and anger at someone other than themselves. Its human nature.

Where is her outrage that her former husband raped AR and covered up the murder of her daughter, his step-daughter he helped raise?! Where is her outrage that MJ had been raping his own step-daughter since she was 9 yo or long before?!
Any sympathy I could have made myself feel for Cassandra went out the door. In fact the entire adult clan disgusts me right now.

I've written five posts, and erased everyone of them. Words cannot express my feeling towards Cassandra and her lies.

I would love to ask her a few questions about the supposed hospital visit.
I'll bet she knew exactly who was picking her daughter up and who the daughter was visiting..... Sure she did. :mad:

I know this won't be a popular thought on this board but I think if Jim and Janet knew about MJ being a sex offender, they should have done something to keep her away from him. They could have gone to court, they could have called child services. (They may have done these things, I just haven't heard them say.) So IMO, they let Brooke down too. From what we have learned about Cassandra's family, we know they appear to be messed up. Jim and Janet appear to be "normal", they were probably Brooke's only hope.

Mike Jaques past criminal history was not a problem for Jim or Cassandra.

Remember these words: IT WAS NOT AN ISSUE

FWIW, Cassandra does blame herself. This was also in the article linked by TG.

I'm not going to condemn the woman. I think she's going to do enough of that on her own. She may say a lot of things, but deep down, she knows her poor decisions cost her daughter her life. :(

JMHO
fran

..........snip.............

Both parents say they'll likely never forgive Jacques. Brooke's mother says she's currently just trying to forgive herself.
"I have already burned myself. If I could change this I would."

What ADULTS????????

I will give leeway to Brookes's Dad and his wife.

BUT THAT'S ITS!!!!

I am so :furious::furious::furious: right now

Any sympathy I could have made myself feel for Cassandra went out the door. In fact the entire adult clan disgusts me right now.

Just makes you want to take her and shake her, doesn't it?! It does me. She is the one responsible for the safety of her child. Period. She failed miserably. Period. Her daughter would be alive today if she had only done what she claims she did do. Period!

I was going to make a post to the affect that Cassandra did say she blamed herself, blah blah blah.

But Fran, when a parent has lost a child because there is a relative who is a "known" sex offender and then says afterwards" "Both parents say they'll likely never forgive Jacques"

LIKELY, LIKELY????? What the heck, there is no LIKELY!!!

FWIW, Cassandra does blame herself. This was also in the article linked by TG.

I'm not going to condemn the woman. I think she's going to do enough of that on her own. She may say a lot of things, but deep down, she knows her poor decisions cost her daughter her life. :(

JMHO
fran

..........snip.............

Both parents say they'll likely never forgive Jacques. Brooke's mother says she's currently just trying to forgive herself.
"I have already burned myself. If I could change this I would."

Cassandra Gagnon says she's offended by those who criticize her for letting Brooke stay with Jacques-- a registered sex offender.

She's offended, I am so sorry! NOT :rolleyes:

If this family had one isolated case of abuse that was just learned then we may be able to understand. This is not the case. Abuse of children around the adults in these families and ultimately their children has been going on for a generation.

Anyone would be naive to think that this wasn't a dark held family secret among themselves. It may have gone on for many more years if Brooke hadn't been murdered. Now we have to hope that the children remaining will be evaluated and their health be put first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith