Holiday Henna warning after 10 year old scarred for life by tattoo

Poor boy. Now I'm sure I will never ever get one of these tattoos in my life. The playboy bunny that was cute, but that, geez.

Turkey? Turkey? She thinks she can trust something that they tell her in TURKEY?:doh::shakehead:

LOL Jeana...I wondered what you'd say about this:crazy:
Notice how modern the tattoo is too, he is obviously seeing all the adults with these and wanting to be just like them. Kids just dont need to be playing at "tattoos" henna or otherwise:rolleyes:

I didn't understand. Why didn't first tattoo cause problems but the second one did? Is it just too much for his system, or a new method or mixture to the henna?

Man, that looks NASTY! Poor guy...

LOL Jeana...I wondered what you'd say about this:crazy:
Notice how modern the tattoo is too, he is obviously seeing all the adults with these and wanting to be just like them. Kids just dont need to be playing at "tattoos" henna or otherwise:rolleyes:

Kids get the press on tattos or nothing in my world!

I used to use those Jeana....we got them in bubble gum packets and you licked the back and pressed them on:)

Who the hell vacations in Turkey anyway? With their 10yo? Ugh.

It's dangerous to get them done in Bali too. I've read of more than one case where people have developed scarring and severe chemical allergies after getting henna tattoos on their vacations.

Henna can be tainted if not purchased from a reliable source.

I would never use henna from a source I do not know.
I think the reaction to one tattoo and not another indicates a different source or old henna was used.

It can only sit for so long before it must be used or thrown out.

That's what I'm saying guys. If these things are not regulated as they are in the US, the UK and other places, bad things can happen.

Did anyone notice in the second photo that the whole photo was tinted pink? Was it just to show the tat better?

We all have scars from life's experiences...at least his is in a nice pattern. Great story to tell the grandkids someday, I guess. The silver lining.

I agree with Jeana. She was crazy for trusting just anyone to tattoo her son. But in a foreign country? And in TURKEY?! Next time I am on vacation, let me ask one of the locals if it is safe for me to go swim with the sharks...I bet I get great answers like, "Sure! They don't bother people here at all!" or "Our sharks don't bite!". LOL

Henna can be tainted if not purchased from a reliable source.

I would never use henna from a source I do not know.
I think the reaction to one tattoo and not another indicates a different source or old henna was used.

It can only sit for so long before it must be used or thrown out.

Thank you, that helps me understand this situation better. :)

Who the hell vacations in Turkey anyway? With their 10yo? Ugh.

Turkey is a beautiful country with wonderful people and there is a lot to see and do -- Istanbul is the most beautiful city in the world (IMO); lots of amazing old mosque and churches; archaeological sites (Ephesus, Troy, Aphrodisias, etc.), plus beaches, water sports, resorts. A great place to take children on vacation. Avid shoppers go there to buy leather goods, carpets, silk, silver, gold.

There is also no problem with real henna. The problem is that unscrupulous tattooers and tattoo product manufacturers, mix in other chemicals -- like those from hair dye products -- to save money and THAT is what burned the little boy. Our local museum had a henna workshop and invited immigrant women from Sudan and India to do the henna. They explained the problem of chemical additives. I get hennaed just about every year in Jordan with actual henna and never had a problem nor have I ever seen someone else suffer any ill effects from henna. I suppose it is possible that an individual could have an allergic reaction and so, as with everything, people should do a test on a small area of skin before doing a complete tattoo.

Turkey is so beautiful. I'd love to go there. I've always wanted to see Pamukkale. It looks like it came out of the pages of a fantasy novel. I'd love to swim there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back