Atlanta To Be Stripped Of "Men At Work Signs" After Complaints Of Bias

White Rain

Reaction score
:doh: WHAT is going on this week with all these complaints?
Would any of you women WS'ers be offended by this sign? I know I wouldn't.

Signs in Atlanta will no longer warn passersby of men at work. Women aren't hearing of it, since they're at work, too. And the city listened.
Women's magazine editor Cynthia Good asked that all the "Men at Work" or "Men Working Ahead" road signs be taken down, and Public Works Commissioner Joe Basista complied, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
Good, 48, who edits the women's magazine PINK, isn't stopping with Atlanta, though. She's going nationwide with her crusade.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,379842,00.html

Its stupid.....pure stupidity. I hate this crap. Ugh you'd think people had better things to do than stress over such unimportant rubbish:bang:

Oh my Gawd. That is craziness! Let's just change everything to be pc. Postperson , repairperson , policeperson , fireperson and hitperson , stuntperson. And while we are at it it would be more pc to say batperson , spiderperson and superperson. .Puleeaze!

You forgot stupidperson:crazy::crazy:

That is so stupid, All the stupid money being spent because it offends her.

Good luck with Michigan lady, we supposedly cant even afford a fence around the mental institution yet alone changing all the construction signs.

Oh my Gawd. That is craziness! Let's just change everything to be pc. Postperson , repairperson , policeperson , fireperson and hitperson , stuntperson. And while we are at it it would be more pc to say batperson , spiderperson and superperson. .Puleeaze!

Yes! That would be great.

Because, Ciara, it's exclusionary and wrong. It's not only men who work. I know it seems like a small and insignificant thing, but if it can be changed, why not?

We shall have to agree to disagree on this one absinthe. I think its a total waste of money and political correctness stupidity at its finest. :)

Offended? Not in the least, I was imagining that Coke commercial with the totally ribbed guy taking his shirt off and drinking an ice cold Coke...

Atlanta Girls, lets go looking for some "Men at Work" signs, maybe they are making a new Coke commercial around Atlanta and we can enjoy the filming...:crazy:

Spiderperson , spiderperson , your friendly metro-Atlanta neighborhood spiderperson

You know, years ago, in some women's clubs, or even mixed group meetings, the acceptable method of addressing a woman in charge of a committee, was "Madam Chairman". You never heard "Madam Chairwoman, or Chairperson", for that matter you never heard "Mr Chairperson" either.

Geez people, give it a rest. Enough people already have their 15 minutes, we don't need to overload the rest of the 24 hours with your garbage.

You know, years ago, in some women's clubs, or even mixed group meetings, the acceptable method of addressing a woman in charge of a committee, was "Madam Chairman". You never heard "Madam Chairwoman, or Chairperson", for that matter you never heard "Mr Chairperson" either.

Geez people, give it a rest. Enough people already have their 15 minutes, we don't need to overload the rest of the 24 hours with your garbage.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Its frigging ridiculous!

Basically it is to replace the sign. Fox has a pic of what it should be. I live here and know that there are many workers that are female on road crews.I don't see why reflecting the true nature would be a problem for anyone. Workers are both, male and female.

http://www.foxnews.com/

Its stupid.....pure stupidity. I hate this crap. Ugh you'd think people had better things to do than stress over such unimportant rubbish:bang:

Good grief!:rolleyes:

Personally I dont give a crap and I am a woman.

It is amazing how much time is spent on utterly unimportant things.:boohoo:

imoo

Yey Ocean...there are far more worthy causes to spend time fighting. This is just so unimportant in the grand scheme of things:rolleyes:

That is so stupid, All the stupid money being spent because it offends her.

Good luck with Michigan lady, we supposedly cant even afford a fence around the mental institution yet alone changing all the construction signs.

Yeah Perdue is always saying we are broke yet we can spend all of this money on these new road signs just to be PC.

What a waste at a time when money is tight for everyone including the DOT.

imoo

Yey Ocean...there are far more worthy causes to spend time fighting. This is just so unimportant in the grand scheme of things:rolleyes:

True.....why don't they pour all this money they are spending for new signs into inspecting and repairing our highways and bridges. I mean we have dangerous bridges that are in dire straights of repair.

These new signs remind me of pork barrel spending...totally unnecessary.

imoo

See AZwriter's siggy pix!:clap::clap::clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77