NY - Ellison Butler, 22, shot dead after alleged sexual assault, 27 June 2008

Then there is the case of Jeffrey Doucet, shot by Gary Plauche in the Baton Rouge airport. Doucet had kidnapped and sexually assaulted Plauche's 11 year old son. He was caught and was being returned to Louisiana. Plauche hid in the airport and blew Doucet's head off as he walked by in custody. This happened March 16th, 1984.

Plauche offered a guilty plea to manslaughter and was given 5 year's probation. I would have given him a medal.

Video here

ETA: The son has a web site:

http://www.jodyplauche.com/

I agree. I am so glad this young man is doing so well. He must have had great parents.

LOL, I will probably be flamed for this but to some extent I blame the internet. Before their were sex offenders, but they didn't know there were others out there or who they were or how to reach them. They felt alone and so weren't quite as bold. Also, child *advertiser censored* would have been harder to get hold of, so they weren't quite as inflamed.

But with the internet, now they know others. And they pass tips and offer support to each other. And I think to some extent they egg each other on. Plus child *advertiser censored* is easier to obtain. As a result they are bolder. Also, in this day and culture to risk is considered brave.

No flaming here because I agree with you!!

Yes. Yes they did. :confused::confused::confused: How does this have anything to do with parents who kill their children's abusers??

Well I'm just saying if the jury can let off Mary Winkler on the grounds of her husband (the victim) being a bit kinky, surely they can let off this Mom on the grounds of the victim being a sex offender who molested her daughter.

Am I making sense?

What I'm trying to say is that what Matthew Winkler did was nothing compared to what this pervert did, so if Mary Winkler can be excused, surely this Mom can be excused many times over.

There ARE issues in this country... If the freaking law protected our kids instead of the POSs then something like this would not have happened. It's a very sad day in this country when the mom (and she truly is) feels she has no other choice. There is no doubt in my mind that she hears stories from her husband about these perverts getting off with just a slap on the hand.

I hope and pray that this mom gets an agressive no-holds bar lawyer who will make the jury see that is not an "overprotective" mom... She is a mom and woman is sick of these perverts getting away with harming our children.
Yes, and this creep already had several arrest records. RIP you perv!:mad:

Well I'm just saying if the jury can let off Mary Winkler on the grounds of her husband (the victim) being a bit kinky, surely they can let off this Mom on the grounds of the victim being a sex offender who molested her daughter.

Am I making sense?

What I'm trying to say is that what Matthew Winkler did was nothing compared to what this pervert did, so if Mary Winkler can be excused, surely this Mom can be excused many times over.

Yes, you're making sense. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to see this mom go to prison. I completely understand her feelings of rage and the need to protect her child.

Its just a hell of a gamble. That's all. I'm not sure what charges the prosecutor is going to ask for. They may ask for something other than first degree premeditated murder and that would help.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...ps_wife_faces_slay_rap_after_man_she_a-1.html

Cop's wife faces slay rap after man she accused of groping daughter is shot
BY JENNY MERKIN, SCOTT SHIFREL and ALISON GENDAR
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Thursday, July 10th 2008, 10:42 PM

Jane Rosenberg

Suspect Veronica Nickey during her arraignment in slay of Ellison Butler.
The wife of a city cop coolly shot and killed a man she believed had slapped and groped her 13-year-old daughter, witnesses and police sources said Thursday.

What I would like to know is where did they all come from? I know when I was a kid, I left home in the morning and didn't come home til sunset. My parents never worried about my getting stolen, molested or worse, murdered. And I'm sure that alot of others posters childhoods where the same.

Oh they were out there. My childhood was the same and I got raped at the age of 8. The man who raped me his son who was a grown married man raped my girlfriend up the street. Her childhood was the same. I'm here to tell about it. My little childhood girlfriend unfortunately blew her brains out several years ago.

Yep, they were out there but they counted on our silence. They counted on shock and disbelief if God forbid we told. They counted on the ever present "Are you sure? What? You must be mistaken" from grown-ups if we did tell. We weren't armed with the knowledge our kids have now. We weren't even sure what happened to us. Didn't know what to call it.

Yes, we lived that carefree childhood life, and the freaks knew that. They were out there. In fact some of the same ones that hurt us as kids are still out there. Knowledge is power and equipping our kids with all they need to stay safe is the key. These freaks are getting exposed.

I'll tell ya what. In regards to this cops wife. My own mother didn't find out I was assaulted as a child until I came to terms with it. That was a few years ago. She wanted to kill the *advertiser censored*. That wouldn't be serving me well if my elderly mother was sitting in prison. She settled for banning the freaks daughter-in-law from her home for life. Her dear friend who freakin we now know KNEW. THat helped my mom a bit I'd say. I'm so feeling for this officer, little girl and her mother. These freaks don't ever stop.

Yes, you're making sense. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to see this mom go to prison...Its just a hell of a gamble. That's all.

Well, you are my hero and I have always been impressed by your wisdom. I know I don't express myself well. I did not wish to contradict you.

Well, you are my hero and I have always been impressed by your wisdom. I know I don't express myself well. I did not wish to contradict you.

What a nice thing to say!! Thank you so much. I'm humbled.
However, if you ever feel the necessity to contradict me, feel free. Sometimes I don't have a bleeding idea what I'm talking about. (kiss!!)

The Mother Bear Defense.

It's a much needed one.

If women can have an abused woman syndrome and over time they just can't take it anymore, then a woman can have a "Mother Bear" reaction.

The timing does not matter to me - in fact at first she was probably in shock and as the information came to light and she was able to digest it, she just got more furious and then snapped. That's probably what would happen to me, it would fester.

I would not convict. I visited a friend of mine who was doing time in Chowchilla and saw Ellie there. It was sad - she was visiting with her kids. It is unjust that the law does not account for a crime of passion when Mothers' are protecting their young. It does not happen enough imo. If more parents took matters into their own hands (I believe they did back in the day and the law looked the other way) we'd be cutting these cancers out of our society.

I don't think I could kill another human. But if someone ever, ever, touches my kids, I could probably smack them in the face a few times. (Well until they were a bloody heap on the floor, still breathing tough)

What I would like to know is where did they all come from? I know when I was a kid, I left home in the morning and didn't come home til sunset. My parents never worried about my getting stolen, molested or worse, murdered. And I'm sure that alot of others posters childhoods where the same.

So what has happened in our society to bring these freaks to the forefront?

browneyedgirl, I don't know how old you are. I'm nearly 60 and when I was a child, no one talked about sexual abuse but that does not mean it did not happen. All it meant was that no one talked about it.

I was raped by a school counsellor when I was 12 years old. Back then, children didn't get sex education until later (usually 14-15 years old) and if I had tried to tell someone what he had done to me, I would not have had the words to describe it.

I'd guess that about one quarter of the friends I have who are my age or older were molested or raped as children.

The sexual abuse of children is nothing new, not at all. For instance, read Virginia Woolf's "A Sketch of the Past", an autobiographical essay written in 1939 that graphically describes her sexual abuse at the hands of her half-brother in 1895. Knowing that she suffered intermittent insanity for the rest of her life makes her brave and matter-of-fact description of being molested even more horrifying.

In a sense, though, your parents were correct. The chances of a child being molested or raped by a stranger are pretty tiny. The vast majority of children are at highest risk from their own parents or other adults familiar to them.

Whatever happened to the Court of the Law? Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. Are we becoming the law by taking the law in our own hands? What about the mom being on meth? Meth messes up lives too! Do we shoot them also, or give them due process? I would be angry if I was the mother too, but I would take legal recourse.

Reading this story . . . doesn't sounds like the "grope" was sexual in nature, more aggravated in anger as in assault . . . . Dad didn't know of it, which leads me to believe there was no police report about the alleged incident. More interesting is Dad says mom didn't do it. . . . .

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07112008/news/regionalnews/slay_wife_is_innocent__cop_119414.htm

Vigilante justice is mostly feel good justice . . . feel good for the moment, then consequences must be faced. It just exacerbates the original violation and causes more harm. Never a good idea in my opinion. Murder is Murder.

Vigilante justice is not justice at all, it's revenge. And sometimes it's based on mistakes.

For instance, anyone else remember the attorney Jonathon Edington? His wife told him that their two year old daughter told her that a neighbour by the name of James Barry had molested her several times. Edington grabbed a knife, broke into the house that Mr. Barry shared with his 86 year old mother and stabbed him 13 times. Mr. Barry's mother found his body.

Well, who couldn't understand that?

The problem was that the alleged molestation never happened. The police investigated, the child was examined and so was the mother. Absolutely no evidence of molestation was found; the mother was found to be mentally ill (which may or may not be relevant).

So now there's an elderly woman who was dependent upon her son who has been bereaved. There is nothing that prepares a parent for the death of a child, no matter what ages the parent and child. Jonathon Edington is in prison and will never practise law again. His daughter is growing up without his daily presence (and I've gotta wonder how she's faring with the mother).

Two families bereaved and ruined. Wouldn't it have been much better had Edington filed a police report and cooperated with an investigation?

The Mother Bear Defense.

It's a much needed one.

If women can have an abused woman syndrome and over time they just can't take it anymore, then a woman can have a "Mother Bear" reaction.

The timing does not matter to me - in fact at first she was probably in shock and as the information came to light and she was able to digest it, she just got more furious and then snapped. That's probably what would happen to me, it would fester.

I would not convict. I visited a friend of mine who was doing time in Chowchilla and saw Ellie there. It was sad - she was visiting with her kids. It is unjust that the law does not account for a crime of passion when Mothers' are protecting their young. It does not happen enough imo. If more parents took matters into their own hands (I believe they did back in the day and the law looked the other way) we'd be cutting these cancers out of our society.

I would convict this woman in a heartbeat. Who is she to become lawless and make decisions whether a person lives or dies? This was a premeditated first degree murder. Her own husband, a police officer, yet she didn't even tell him about the incident and there is nothing that I have read that said this man sexually molested her daughter.

Maybe the mother is the one with the big problem like the other mother who was married to the attorney who told him a neighbor had molested their little daughter and it was all untrue. The child was not molested yet a man who had every right to live his life is now dead and a very elderly mother no longer has her son to take care of her. And what did it do for this child's family unit? It shattered it because he will sit in prison for years for killing a man that did not even harm his child.

We are a nation of laws. Everyone not just some must adhere to those laws we all are expected to follow. When they don't then they must be punished for their own criminal actions.

Imo Nellie's son would have been much better off if she had not made the choice that she did. She reacted violently and in turn that violence was transferred into her son and he committed the unspeakable crime of murder too. So imo violence begets violence.

I do not buy into the snapped defense in this case. She didn't snap she carefully planned it out.

Just because someone can be a jerk doesn't mean anyone has a right to just walk up to them and blow them away. They do have a right to call 911 and call the police immediately if they think something illegal has happened. Or in this case simply tell the girls father who is a policeman. He was never given a choice for it to be handled properly. It seems she didn't want the police involved and was going to handle this all by herself......vigilante style. She has now humiliated her husband and his position too. Imo she has now disgraced everyone, herself, the daughter, her husband and the rest of her family.

imoo

Whatever happened to the Court of the Law? Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. Are we becoming the law by taking the law in our own hands? What about the mom being on meth? Meth messes up lives too! Do we shoot them also, or give them due process? I would be angry if I was the mother too, but I would take legal recourse.

Scary isn't it? What will be acceptable next?

imoo

Oh they were out there. My childhood was the same and I got raped at the age of 8. The man who raped me his son who was a grown married man raped my girlfriend up the street. Her childhood was the same. I'm here to tell about it. My little childhood girlfriend unfortunately blew her brains out several years ago.

Yep, they were out there but they counted on our silence. They counted on shock and disbelief if God forbid we told. They counted on the ever present "Are you sure? What? You must be mistaken" from grown-ups if we did tell. We weren't armed with the knowledge our kids have now. We weren't even sure what happened to us. Didn't know what to call it.

Yes, we lived that carefree childhood life, and the freaks knew that. They were out there. In fact some of the same ones that hurt us as kids are still out there. Knowledge is power and equipping our kids with all they need to stay safe is the key. These freaks are getting exposed.

I'll tell ya what. In regards to this cops wife. My own mother didn't find out I was assaulted as a child until I came to terms with it. That was a few years ago. She wanted to kill the *advertiser censored*. That wouldn't be serving me well if my elderly mother was sitting in prison. She settled for banning the freaks daughter-in-law from her home for life. Her dear friend who freakin we now know KNEW. THat helped my mom a bit I'd say. I'm so feeling for this officer, little girl and her mother. These freaks don't ever stop.

WOW Filly, I don't know what to say other than I am deeply sorry that some scum hurt you and your friend. I feel even worse that they got away with it.
I don't know how you managed to get through the aftermath, but I am glad that you are a survivor and I am proud of you for being strong and telling your story so that you might be able to save another child down the road. I am so sorry that your friend was not able to find her way back from that.
You are absolutely correct in the statement that our children have the knowledge and voices that are heard today. I still find it extremely sad in the fact that we have to arm our children with those defenses.
If I had but one wish to come true, it would be that our justice system and punishments would catch up with the offenses. I personally think if someone hurts a child, there shouldn't be a second chance to hurt again, they should be put to death...end of story.
Again, I am truely sorry that your childhood was destroyed!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back