Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several posters mentioned they read that Brad said she went jogging Saturday morning with Carrie. Can someone provide a link to that quote?

Also, any ideas why the Town of Cary police chief said the body was found in a pond (which she definitely did in her press conference) but now the County Sheriff is saying the body was found in dirt?

For any fellow volunteers.....

We still plan to meet with volunteers tomorrow at Resurrection Lutheran church on the corner of Lochmere West and Kildaire Farm Road, our main focus will be the following:

* Celebrate Nancy. If you knew her, please start thinking of those quintessential Nancy stories that make her what she is. If they are personal, write them down in a personal journal. If they can be shared, please consider sharing them.

* Plan the next steps for when we get news from the coroner's office

* Be there as a community for each other and the family

Several posters mentioned they read that Brad said she went jogging Saturday morning with Carrie. Can someone provide a link to that quote?

Also, any ideas why the Town of Cary police chief said the body was found in a pond (which she definitely did in her press conference) but now the County Sheriff is saying the body was found in dirt?
I am not aware of that quote, but I would be glad to try to track it down for you.

I don't know why there is a discrepancy between the Sheriff and the Chief on where she was found. I find it very odd myself. Unfortunately, they are the only ones who would be able to explain it.

For any fellow volunteers.....

We still plan to meet with volunteers tomorrow at Resurrection Lutheran church on the corner of Lochmere West and Kildaire Farm Road, our main focus will be the following:

* Celebrate Nancy. If you knew her, please start thinking of those quintessential Nancy stories that make her what she is. If they are personal, write them down in a personal journal. If they can be shared, please consider sharing them.

* Plan the next steps for when we get news from the coroner's office

* Be there as a community for each other and the family
What a lovely idea to have the volunteers meet tomorrow and share their thoughts. Right now to come together to help each other is so important. On a lot of cases I have seen, LE usually calls off the searches without telling them why and they are left on their own. I like the idea of getting together instead. Strength and love will carry you through this horrific ordeal. I wish you all the best. It sounds like you did the right things and your searches were purposefully sent in the wrong directions. You all did a good job and I know the family must appreciate it very much. Hugs~

When Cooper didn’t show up, Adam called Brad Cooper. She said he told her that his wife had gone for a run with a friend, but he wasn’t sure which friend. Adam said he later called to say he thought the friend was someone named Carrie and wanted to know whether Adam knew how to contact Carrie.

Adam knew someone by that name but said she didn’t know the woman’s last name and did not have her phone number. Cooper said he was going to continue looking for Carrie’s phone number and hung up, Adam said. Adam said she felt that something had gone wrong and called police.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1140988.html

She wanted a separation and Brad would not leave....per wral

I bet he strangled or smothered her after midnight .
He then dressed her in her jogging cloths and dumped her in the remote pond.

DO you have a link on that or quote- that's a huge comment.

why did the friend report her missing, and not the hubby?

"
Cary police said Monday that Brad Cooper was cooperating, answering questions and allowing them to search his house and cars. About 3:45 p.m. Monday, police searched the couple's BMW sedan and BMW SUV. They also removed a Louis Vuitton purse from one vehicle.
Brad Cooper said Monday in an interview in the driveway of the couple's Wallsburg Court home that the couple was having marital problems, but not to the point he felt his wife would leave him and their two children. Adam said the two children stayed at her house Monday.
Cooper works at Cisco Systems while Nancy Cooper stayed at home with their children.
Nancy Cooper's parents, Donna and Garry Rentz of Edmonton, Alberta, and her identical twin sister, Khrista Lister, of Toronto arrived Monday morning."

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1141867.html

About 3:45 p.m. Monday, police searched the couple's BMW sedan and BMW SUV. They also removed a Louis Vuitton purse from one vehicle.

So they did get to search the cars! Interesting! Who leaves a Louis Vuitton purse in the car?! By the way it sounds, he stood to lose a LOT of money if she divorced him.

About 3:45 p.m. Monday, police searched the couple's BMW sedan and BMW SUV. They also removed a Louis Vuitton purse from one vehicle.

So they did get to search the cars! Interesting! Who leaves a Louis Vuitton purse in the car?! By the way it sounds, he stood to lose a LOT of money if she divorced him.

Right?? I want all of these a-holes that think they can get away with this stuff to ask those on death row or with life sentences if there is any amount of money worth living, or dieing as it were, to end up where they are- I dont get it.

The problem is...they don't think about the consequences of getting caught. These are narcissistic men who believe they can get away with anything. They do not see themselves behind bars until they are there...then they can't believe a jury would convict them! They are shocked when the verdict comes back each and every time.

looks like the house (if I have the right Address) is worth $346,500

I think after the party, something happened on his part where he was jealous and lost his temper. I don't think it was pre-meditated. I would say that he probably left the kids asleep and took care of the situation by dumping her where she was found. He returned home, cleaned up, and probably stayed up until the kids woke up. He acted like everything was normal and had already devised a plan people would believe (the jogging story). He thought he was in the clear until the friend called and hurried up his plan. He will have to stick to this story from now on since he is locked into it or they will have him on a silver platter.

The problem is...they don't think about the consequences of getting caught. These are narcissistic men who believe they can get away with anything. They do not see themselves behind bars until they are there...then they can't believe a jury would convict them! They are shocked when the verdict comes back each and every time.
True, but with narcissim comes "signs" or narcisstic behavior which can be avoided. I have yet to see a case like this, that admittedly is in retrospect, that someone does not say " Well, I guess, maybe, sort of, I knew he was capable of this after he ......"
Burns me, makes me sad for the fam and babies, I think of her fear as a Mom. I would fight and scrap till my last breathe to not leave my children with a monster (luckily I dont have one) or at all, she did not deserve this, nor did her babies- it sticks for me these cases, unfortunately.

I think after the party, something happened on his part where he was jealous and lost his temper. I don't think it was pre-meditated. I would say that he probably left the kids asleep and took care of the situation by dumping her where she was found. He returned home, cleaned up, and probably stayed up until the kids woke up. He acted like everything was normal and had already devised a plan people would believe (the jogging story). He thought he was in the clear until the friend called and hurried up his plan. He will have to stick to this story from now on since he is locked into it or they will have him on a silver platter.

Agreed, accidental, but by a smart guy, maybe. He will be lawyered up by press tomorrow is my prediction.

Well...there are 346,500 motives.

Just not worth it is it!? can never understand what people who kill think.. that losing any amount of money is worth jail for the rest of your life and of course those poor girls..
I do think you are right that she went to the party and he lost it...Jealous?...

She had to know he was capable of this. In her gut, she had to know. I don't think she expected it when it happened tho. I think she was caught offguard. For some reason, I don't think she probably had time to fear or to fight him. Bless her heart.

I just hope her children didn't either hear it or have to witness it. :( What a to do this to the mother of his children and his children!!! GRRRRR!

I wouldn't really say it was accidental. I think he did it quite on purpose, but not planned.
I cant disagree- but I also think if you dont posess the ability to cross the line yourself, it is hard to see it in others. That being said, I dont think their is a case out there where at least one person does not say they suspected it or saw it coming..

Thank You busylady :) sounds like she has Great friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow