Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing this out there from last eve, I don't think alot saw it and it is bugging me-

On both NG and Greta, I heard that the kids passports were removed from Nancy's car and given to the grandparents. Does that change anyone else's opinion that this dude thought of EVERYTHING and maybe this was premeditated/planned?

If you recall, in the affidavit, NC says BC confiscated passports circa Feb/Mar now they are in her car "all along"? I would be interestd to know if LE ran across them when they initially did the concentual search or if they "appeared" after. If he is not in the clink on 7/25 expect that issue to surface at the custody hearing for sure.

I have learned to take Nancy Grace with a huge grain of salt. Not only is she rude to those who disagree with her, she also has a tendency to say what she thinks rather than what is fact. It's her show - quess she is allowed, however I find it rather unhelpful to those that want the reality rather than the grandstanding.

Greta seems more distracted with politics and Brett Farve...

I am very impressed with Nancy's family. What an admirable bunch of people. You can tell every move they make is thought out & done with a great deal of compassion for Nancy & the girls. Kudos to them all!!!!!

Brad may think he is cool & gonna get away with murder. But I sure wouldn't want to mess with her family / they mean business & I am so proud of them.

RY, N.C. - Two little girls unaware their mother, a former Edmonton woman, was killed several days ago are the family's primary concern as they weigh how to tell the children about their mother's grim fate.

s daughters, Bella, 4, and Katie, 2, are being cared for by the family, in particular their mother's twin sister Khrista Lister, who they sometimes call "Khrista mom." The family believes the girls don't know their mother was killed and that her death is the subject of a police investigation.

Rentz said he and the family are coping the best they can.

"It's certainly all about those two girls at this point," he said.

Jim Lister, Cooper's brother-in-law, said they are working to set up a trust fund for Bella and Katie to which people in both the United States and Canada would be able to contribute.

Rentz said Lister works for Sleeman Brewing, and that the family is taking up the company's offer to provide grief counsellors, who they said they will meet with Friday to discuss what to tell the children.

"(They're) going to help us understand how to make news appropriately available to the children," Rentz said.

Meanwhile, Cooper's mother Donna Rentz said there has been a huge outpouring of support for the family, particularly in Edmonton, where she said the tree in front of their house is adorned with white ribbons.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2008/07/18/6195396-cp.html

I agree with you about the family, Cheko1. They are handling this with grace and class - and you get the feeling that they are in control and really do mean business. They are obviously very intelligent people, and they seem to be such good people. How in the world did Nancy end up with Brad, I wonder? They have been married for 8 years, so she was 26 when they wed. Still so young. Sounds like she had figured him out and was preparing to take control of her life, and that her family was rallying around her in the last few months. This whole thing makes me so very sad.

Question, as I am new to this board - what does "IMO" mean? I keep seeing it!

I'm originally from this area, so I've followed the story very closely.

I was so relieved to get online yesterday on wral.com and read that he no longer had the children. I was so worried about those girls. I'm still worried about the girls, but I believe they're in good hands now.

Also, about the passports being in the car. I read somewhere along the way that she had just gotten back from a visit to Canada. Let me go find it...

In case this hasn't already been posted. There's also a video at link.

fran

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25732503/

Is husband secret focus in slain mom case?
Expert: Decision to give children to relatives suggests police suspect spouse

The husband of slain North Carolina mother Nancy Cooper has not been named a suspect in her killing, but the fact that a judge agreed with her family that Bradley Cooper “posed a danger” to their two children suggests police may be investigating the spouse, a legal expert said Friday.

“To take the kids away from a biological parent is a big deal,” NBC chief legal correspondent Dan Abrams told TODAY’s Natalie Morales. “It tells us that they’re looking at the husband.”

<<<<<<<<<full story at link>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you!!! Duh......

Have a good Friday, everyone. Maybe today is the day that they take BC in. Actually, I think that the Lake Placid Triathlon is Sunday, and that he has been training for hours and hours every day so he can do it. On his very own website, he sounded extremely bummed that he couldn't compete in it last year. Well, he certainly won't be there this year, that is for sure. Hopefully he will be behind bars on Sunday. Sadly, if he is - he will most likely be more upset that he is missing his triathlon than he is about his wife or his predicament.

Thank you!!! Duh......

Have a good Friday, everyone. Maybe today is the day that they take BC in. Actually, I think that the Lake Placid Triathlon is Sunday, and that he has been training for hours and hours every day so he can do it. On his very own website, he sounded extremely bummed that he couldn't compete in it last year. Well, he certainly won't be there this year, that is for sure. Hopefully he will be behind bars on Sunday. Sadly, if he is - he will most likely be more upset that he is missing his triathlon than he is about his wife or his predicament.

I read that the police chief said today that there will be no arrest over the weekend.

I read that the police chief said today that there will be no arrest over the weekend.
Wonder what they're waiting for? Could he be a flight risk? Where does his family live?

I'm originally from this area, so I've followed the story very closely.

I was so relieved to get online yesterday on wral.com and read that he no longer had the children. I was so worried about those girls. I'm still worried about the girls, but I believe they're in good hands now.

Also, about the passports being in the car. I read somewhere along the way that she had just gotten back from a visit to Canada. Let me go find it...
I'm pretty sure Nancy and the kids vacationed with her family in Hilton Head since she did not have the passports to travel to Canada.

That's what I think, Cali. I hope they have a really good forensics case.

Wonder what they're waiting for? Could he be a flight risk? Where does his family live?

He is from Medicine Hat, a city in southern Alberta. I had heard that his brother was on his way to NC a few days ago and that his father was out of the country .

Well that's telling. Sounds like they don't expect to find the "real killer" over the weekend. Another big hint that they know who did it.

Good catch, coolmom. If they didn't know who the killer was, the answer would have been quite different!

Well that's telling. Sounds like they don't expect to find the "real killer" over the weekend. Another big hint that they know who did it.

:confused:Ugghhh....are they waiting for BC to try something else??? I hate the waiting- but I bet he hates it more. :crazy:

I'm pretty sure Nancy and the kids vacationed with her family in Hilton Head since she did not have the passports to travel to Canada.
I've seen the passport problem mentioned several times. I actually thought that you could use birth certificates if you drove by car. Maybe, they wanted to fly. I think that, if you fly, you need your passports to come back to the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle