Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Warrkat. It's good to see you.Thanks for the link!!

Hello, Everyone.

I just registered a couple of days ago, and can't stay long right now because I'm at work. Did see this at WRAL, and thought you'd all want to know.

http://www.wral.com/
Attorneys for Brad Cooper, whose wife's body was found earlier this week, say they will hold a news conference at 4 p.m. today.
They will be streaming live on WRAL.

It's really HARD to follow 2 cases at once, and do one's work, too.

Thanks for the heads up! And welcome to WS!

I have learned to take Nancy Grace with a huge grain of salt. Not only is she rude to those who disagree with her, she also has a tendency to say what she thinks rather than what is fact. It's her show - quess she is allowed, however I find it rather unhelpful to those that want the reality rather than the grandstanding.

Greta seems more distracted with politics and Brett Farve...
I think that Nancy's over-the-top hosting is just an act. You can see all of her guests laugh when she cuts them off or corrects them. I think that they must discuss what they are going to say and which side they are going to take before hand. I actually am kind of amused (usually) by her behavior. She oftentimes seems like a caricature of herself. ;)

BTW, she's doing what works for her. Her likeness has been featured on several shows; and I believe that she played herself in some new movie. She was also spoofed on SNL, wasn't she?

It's the way she cuts people off when they're talking that annoys me, and I only watch if she's covering something I'm specifically interested in...
Anyway, wouldn't it be a switch if Brad does fess up?? I know if would surprise me to no end and back! Right now I'm figuring he'll talk about the kids; how much he loves them and thinks they need to be away from the situation for a little while - making it look like he's letting them stay with Nancy's family out of the goodness of his heart / his concern for the children. Maybe about how he's not going to the funeral out of consideration for the family... Maybe something about him never taking their passports but probably not - more likely the same od bs... And I sooo hope I'm wrong!!

I bet the lawyers will do one or all of the following:

refute items on the child custody case that have been made public

announce that he won't be attending the funeral at the request of his in-laws or whatever

thank the public for their support, remind the public that their client has not been charged with a crime, and/or offer some sort of minimal reward for capture of the "real" killers who are still out there and the LE should be focusing on these dangerous criminals still on the loose.

i.e., remove focus from their client in any way possible.

I'm eager to hear what BC's lawyers are gonna say....

Me too! You think he might turn him self in? Or maybe it's just a ploy and they'll announce a reward for information.

I'm at work and can't watch, I hope someone keeps us posted on here. :)

Maybe he thought he would have more time to finish setting the scene and getting his story straight, but was caught off-guard when the friend immediately called the police.

JMO
Susan

I am so excited to join this network of sleuths. My hubbie doesn't understand my interest in these types of stories but I'm intrigued with how people think/act in desperate situations.
I doubt Brad knew about Nancy's plans to meet with her friend on Saturday morning. They probably weren't communicating very much if there were "marital problems". IMO he was expecting to have more time before people started asking questions about Nancy's whereabouts.

Me too! You think he might turn him self in? Or maybe it's just a ploy and they'll announce a reward for information.

I'm at work and can't watch, I hope someone keeps us posted on here. :)
I'll be here...updating...anxious.

The only way Brad Cooper would turn himself in is if his lawyers have convinced him there is enough evidence to convict and get the death penalty. He'd need to save himself...IMO
I don't buy the threatened suicide thing. He may have said it, but it was only to guilt Nancy....Woe is me...Leave and I'll kill myself...right...right..

Does anyone else think it's odd after reading Brad's blog where he talks about how he just got his MBA, and has a Cisco certification and is training etc..., just doesn't sound like someone contemplating suicide.

I've seen the passport problem mentioned several times. I actually thought that you could use birth certificates if you drove by car. Maybe, they wanted to fly. I think that, if you fly, you need your passports to come back to the U.S.

NC would also have needed a notarized letter of approval by BC to take the girls out of the US. Or a court order, sole parent-custody paperwork, etc.
This is in place to protect the kidnaping of children across borders.
You need to have both parents permission.
Lots of paperwork ...and if one party is not willing you can not cross the border.

IIRC, I thought I read somewhere that NC was planning to sendthe kids to her sistersfor a while ( a holiday/vacation). The girls would probably have flown then with written consent forms from both parents.

BC apparently gave NC permission to go visit her family in Canada with the girls, but then took the passsports away. :mad:

I'm eager to hear what BC's lawyers are gonna say....
S P I N ... about their poor, grieving client ... What else can it be? They know that the focus is on him; and they are going to try to spin it away from him. Scott Peterson, OJ and Brad Cooper all share the same 1-800 number. Leave tips if you know who the real killer is...

That's it. They are probably setting up a tipline. :rolleyes:

My husband thinks that I am honing my skills to do him in one day... :eek:

LMAO! Mine too! He tells people this all the time. Now I stress that something will happen to him in a freak accident and I'll be blamed!

Does anyone else think it's odd after reading Brad's blog where he talks about how he just got his MBA, and has a Cisco certification and is training etc..., just doesn't sound like someone contemplating suicide.

From his blog. IMO, he seemed to have been glad to have graduated in mid-december. But brings up the 20 july ironman competition, and how he starts training for it in mid -jan.
He sounds realy angry he was unable to partake in a past one, and promised he woud not let anything get in his way again (paraph).
That time from mid dec to mid jan may have been a rough spot for him--finish one accomplishment, run fast to the next. just my 2 kroner,

Yet, I don't know what part of winter was meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.