Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
<SNIP>

When I was a teen, I got the "Sheriff Lobo/Roscoe P. Coltrane" treatment from a neighboring town, but I've always considered the Cary PD to be a model of professionalism and beyond reproach.
<SNIP>QUOTE]

Magister,

I have not had many dealings with the Cary PD, I used to know someone who worked with them, and I hae known a detective with them in the past, but I am not sure he is still working for them as I have not heard from him recently.

But for those who are not familiar with the area, I just wanted to relate the kind of area and people who make up the public services here. Some years ago, I lived in a different town in Wake County, and all of the EMS/Rescue services in any area other than the City of Raleigh were all volunteer. I was a member of the Rescue/EMS service in this town where I lived. We had to take training and the initial certification testing for EMT or EMT-I, which was the higest level offered and supported at the time, on our own dime. We WERE volunteers, but expected to be in a "dress uniform" during the days when we were on duty, which included a white shirt with patches and a badge, at night, we had a uniform jumpsuit. Likewise, Cary had all volunteer EMS, and they were sort of laughed at in a way, because in addition to the Dress Uniform, they were required to wear a tie. Now, IIRC, it WAS a clip-on tie. You do NOT want to have something tied around your neck that makes a convenient handle for someone who is combative due to a Hypoglycemic event, or perhaps drunk. They said they were required to wear a tie because there were many prominent businessmen in the area, and they expected that in order to seem professional. Ok, I respect that POV, but personally, if I was injured and needed EMS assistance, I would not care if they showed up wearing clown suits, just so long as they were able to help!

CyberPro

Would you please list the sufficient, material, reliable and competent evidence for me?

That would be too easy, not to mention unfair for all the rest of us who've actually read all the postings. Do your homework, read the posts, and then make an intelligent comment.

Hello! He lied in a big way about what he purchased and when he purchased it! Milk and bread at 6am can't be confused with cleaning suppplies at 4am. No reason to tell a lie that transparent unless you are talking faster than you are thinking 'cause you know your wife's body is decomposing down the street, IMO!:bang:

Susan

I've seen countless people on this board say that he told the cops about buying bread and milk at 6AM, but I've yet to hear it from any official source and I've never read nor heard it reported by the legitimate media. I realize that this story has been taken as gospel by some, but if you have a footnote, please provide it.

That would be too easy, not to mention unfair for all the rest of us who've actually read all the postings. Do your homework, read the posts, and then make an intelligent comment.

The sufficient, reliable, material and competent evidence that supports guilt (of a charge not yet made no less) is what?

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? Anyone?

I've seen countless people on this board say that he told the cops about buying bread and milk at 6AM, but I've yet to hear it from any official source and I've never read nor heard it reported by the legitimate media. I realize that this story has been taken as gospel by some, but if you have a footnote, please provide it.

The story originated in the first phase of posts from an individual who said her son worked at the all-night store and had witnessed the police coming in to view the tapes. The account she gave is that BC told police he had gone at 6am to buy bread and milk, only they couldn't find any evidence of that transaction. When searching both after and before 6am, they found the footage and transaction record around 4am of him buying only one item, some sort of cleaning solution with bleach.

The story originated in the first phase of posts from an individual who said her son worked at the all-night store and had witnessed the police coming in to view the tapes. The account she gave is that BC told police he had gone at 6am to buy bread and milk, only they couldn't find any evidence of that transaction. When searching both after and before 6am, they found the footage and transaction record around 4am of him buying only one item, some sort of cleaning solution with bleach.

Now, I recall the poster saying that the cops went to the store asking for video of a specific transaction at 4am and though I don't know if it originated with her, but around that time, the story about bread and milk took legs.

As I've said before, I trust that the cleaning supply purchase may have been made around 4am because the poster seemed legitimate and because of the Cheif's reaction, but I really don't know how much stock I put into the bread and milk portion because that's not really a detail that I think the cops would necessarily share.

BTW: I've also theorized in a previous thread that the cops may have asked for the 4AM(ish) snippet because they may have found a reciept or he could've paid with plastic.

ETA: Thought of something else. Nancy and Brad were married for 8 years. How long does it take for these facades to crumble enough for the wives (or husbands) to recognize the danger signs, do you figure?

I just wish there were some way to predict the probability (not just the possibility) of this happening so people could be aware of the red flags and perhaps some of the potential victims could (and would) save themselves. Of course, a widespread campaign (like the one about not drinking and driving) would have to be launched for this to work.

Speaking from personal experience, if she did know and confided in friends and family, they probably thought she was overreacting, or exaggerating. Remember, men like this dedicate their lives to keeping up the successful good-guy act. Everyone else thinks he is Mr. Wonderful, and he will work hard to keep it that way. They may think he is just driven to succeed, and even admire some of his obsessive traits. Famous last words..."We never thought he was capable of doing this!"...Yeah, he works hard to be sure you think that, too!

In Nancy's case, Brad was a serial aldulterer, and seemed to have no intention of embarking on a journey correct that. Divorce was probably the best course, but she would have been better off if she could have left with the kids before she let him know her plans. Unfortunately, most people would have advised her not to take such drastic measures, since they did not know the real Brad.

JMO
Susan

Now, I recall the poster saying that the cops went to the store asking for video of a specific transaction at 4am and though I don't know if it originated with her, but around that time, the story about bread and milk took legs.

As I've said before, I trust that the cleaning supply purchase may have been made around 4am because the poster seemed legitimate and because of the Cheif's reaction, but I really don't know how much stock I put into the bread and milk portion because that's not really a detail that I think the cops would necessarily share.

BTW: I've also theorized in a previous thread that the cops may have asked for the 4AM(ish) snippet because they may have found a reciept or he could've paid with plastic.

The bread and milk story came from her as well.

Where was the speculation?

FACT: Nancy Cooper was murdered
FACT: The body was found at the end of an undeveloped cul-de-sac next to a retaining pond.
FACT: An undeveloped cul-de-sac is not where a runner in training would be jogging.
FACT: Brad Cooper was the last person to have seen her alive (by his own admission)
FACT: Their marriage was "troubled" (admitted by Brad)
FACT: Nancy was planning a separation and divorce (according to family members)
FACT: LE says this is an isolated incident and no reason to fear other joggers/neighbors are in danger.
FACT: In most cases with similar facts as stated above, a close family member is usually the perp.
CONCLUSION: 1 + 1 = 2. It is a safe assumption/speculation to conclude that Brad Cooper had motive, means and opportunity to kill Nancy.

Elementary, my dear Watson.

Any way you look at it no one buys bleach at 4AM UNLESS they are just coming off a work shift and want to do laundry that day..OR they are desperate to clean up a mess. We know he wasn't coming off a work shift. The only mess that couldn't wait IMHO, as the mother of 4 grown children who made plenty of messes, is the one the BC was trying to cover up.

If this tape exists it would be a problem for any defense team.

Okay, I went back and looked. The "bread and milk" story did originate in the "cleaning supplies" post, but as I read it and those which directly followed, it still sounds like the cops asked for video from a specific time.

Could it be that the media sought out this "Heather" because of the rumors to get her to make a statement on air? It is possible.

I was waiting to get all caught up to address this issue, but I see as usual SS is on it- I totally agree that the press put her on cam because they had the rumor already. For some reason I swear when I saw that woman's pic she stuck with me, not sure why, but I remember thinking she looks awfully primped for an impromptu interview-
Just a thought, don't want to jump the gun.

Any locals- can you say if this is the woman swirling in the rumor mill?

FACT: The body was found at the end of an undeveloped cul-de-sac next to a retaining pond.
FACT: An undeveloped cul-de-sac is not where a runner in training would be jogging.
FACT: Brad Cooper was the last person to have seen her alive (by his own admission)
FACT: LE says this is an isolated incident and no reason to fear other joggers/neighbors are in danger.
FACT: In most cases with similar facts as stated above, a close family member is usually the perp.
CONCLUSION: 1 + 1 = 2. It is a safe assumption/speculation to conclude that Brad Cooper had motive, means and opportunity to kill Nancy.

Since we're going to engage this poster and play their game, let's add a few more facts...

Fact: Brad is a repeated adulterer
Fact: Brad didn't report his wife missing - it was a friend much later in the day
Fact: Brad is emotionally unstable
Fact: Nancy's family is in possession of more facts in the case than we are, and they've had nothing to do with Brad from the beginning of this tragedy. They know the cause of death, and they know what she was wearing when her body was found. They aren't standing by Brad as the innocent husband. They're doing the exact opposite.

Okay, I went back and looked. The "bread and milk" story did originate in the "cleaning supplies" post, but as I read it and those which directly followed, it still sounds like the cops asked for video from a specific time.

I believe Brad told LE he went at 6am. I'm certain LE checked the loop from at least the last known time Nancy was last seen and reported missing.

Any way you look at it no one buys bleach at 4AM UNLESS they are just coming off a work shift and want to do laundry that day..OR they are desperate to clean up a mess.

...or, if you are out of detergent, you need to do laundry and your wife is going running, first thing in the morning.

The stores around here aren't 24hr, but I work from home and watch the kids. Numerous times, I've ran to the store as soon as they've opened (before my wife has left for the office), where I could get what I need without having to drag the kids.

I was waiting to get all caught up to address this issue, but I see as usual SS is on it- I totally agree that the press put her on cam because they had the rumor already. For some reason I swear when I saw that woman's pic she stuck with me, not sure why, but I remember thinking she looks awfully primped for an impromptu interview-
Just a thought, don't want to jump the gun.

Any locals- can you say if this is the woman swirling in the rumor mill?
Or maybe she just happened to be in the area. :saythat:

...or, if you are out of detergent, you need to do laundry and your wife is going running, first thing in the morning.

The stores around here aren't 24hr, but I work from home and watch the kids. Numerous times, I've ran to the store as soon as they've opened (before my wife has left for the office), where I could get what I need without having to drag the kids.
Well, I would think that the washing could wait until say 9AM or 10AM. From what we have heard about him so far he doesn't sound like he would go out of his way to help his wife. He wasn't even giving her food money and now he is going to go out and help her by doing a wash at 4AM. NOT :blowkiss:

Well, I would think that the washing could wait until say 9AM or 10AM. From what we have heard about him so far he doesn't sound like he would go out of his way to help his wife. He wasn't even giving her food money and now he is going to go out and help her by doing a wash at 4AM. NOT :blowkiss:

He may have needed to do his own laundry.
If their relationship was in such shambles, why would you assume that she'd wash his clothes?

From that we can reasonably conclude two things. He might have killed Nancy. He might not have killed Nancy.

Since we're going to engage this poster and play their game, let's add a few more facts...

Fact: Brad is a repeated adulterer
Fact: Brad didn't report his wife missing - it was a friend much later in the day
Fact: Brad is emotionally unstable
Fact: Nancy's family is in possession of more facts in the case than we are, and they've had nothing to do with Brad from the beginning of this tragedy. They know the cause of death, and they know what she was wearing when her body was found. They aren't standing by Brad as the innocent husband. They're doing the exact opposite.

This allows a well-reasoned person to reliably conclude?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam