Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Brad told LE he went at 6am. I'm certain LE checked the loop from at least the last known time Nancy was last seen and reported missing.

I don't know if the originator of the "bleach" story wants to be identified, but you know as well as I do, who posted the info. The original post has been edited by a SuperMod, so it's not fully intact, but she never said that they ran the tape back over two hours, just that they asked for video of a specific purchase.

Nonetheless, the store local to me, where the cops often review the tapes, they do it in the security office upstairs. If memory serves, the store in question also has their offices upstairs and while rumors may have circulated amongst the staff, I really don't think they'd have a big audience for what should've been routine.

From that we can reasonably conclude two things. He may have killed Nancy. He may not have killed Nancy.

What would be your conclusion if forensics proves Nancy did not go jogging that fateful morning?

If not Brad, than what other reasonable senerio would place her body where it was found?

Wudge, you need to remember that we are not the jury. What we do here is discuss possibilities and probabilities. And yes, we even make conclusions! We are quite aware that the burden of proof is much more exacting in a trial. Right now we don't even know half of what the investigators know. However, I will go out on a limb and speculate that Brad will be arrested as soon as all the forensic tests are completed.

CARY, N.C. -
<<<<<snippet>>>>>>>

A Private memorial service was held Friday night for Nancy Cooper at the preschool her daughter Bella attended.

Candles were lit, memories were recalled and songs were sung for Nancy. Among the songs shared, the hymn, "Let It Shine."

As those attending the service sang, the sun broke out from behind a bank of storm clouds which had drenched the area minutes before.

It was as if the heavens themselves were crying over the Lochmere neighborhood where Nancy lived.

Then, moments before the service began, a rainbow spread across the sky. For some attending, it was an touching moment.

"The family had asked for me to sing 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' tomorrow," said Julia Cobley, who was Nancy's music teacher. "I find it very fitting that here we have this beautiful rainbow here in the sky and when I'm singing tomorrow, I'll be thinking of Nancy."

Because Nancy's daughter Bella attended the preschool where the service was held, parents and teachers held Bella and her sister in their protective emotional embrace.

"They are utmost priority right now," said Bella's teacher Tracey Vancott.

Some of those who came recalled Nancy's strength and her positive attitude.

"Nancy did not allow her circumstances to bring her down," said close friend Marion McHugh. "She was always positive, always up, always cheerful. She was also very honest about what was going on in her house with all of us. We all knew what was going on."

<<<<<>>>>>>>>

http://durhamcounty.mync.com/site/durhamcounty/news/story/5580/

If not Brad, than what other reasonable senerio would place her body where it was found?

I joked about murderous gypsies camping on the cul-de-sac last night to play with some folks theorizing about a defense plant. But, the reality is that when I was in my 20s, we'd often cruise the roads in that immediate area to smoke dope and we'd have unprotected sex in the neighborhoods under construction. And, we'd do it in that particular area because it was convenient to Cary, but not in the town limits, so the likelihood of encountering a county cop was slim to nil.

After all, we can assume that the victim's body was dumped early on Saturday morning, but it wasn't found until late Monday.

He might have killed Nancy. He might not have killed Nancy.

I know you know how exasperating your circular logic is, but give me a plausible scenerio of who else may have killed her and why?

According to LE there is no serial killer snatching joggers off the street in that part of North Carolina. Can we rule out space aliens?

Knowing what we know right now Brad had motive, means and opportunity. No other known person has MMO. It is a safe speculation that BC will be arrested, tried and convicted.

I know you know how exasperating your circular logic is, but give me a plausible scenerio of who else may have killed her and why?

According to LE there is no serial killer snatching joggers off the street in that part of North Carolina. Can we rule out space aliens?

Knowing what we know right now Brad had motive, means and opportunity. No other known person has MMO. It is a safe speculation that BC will be arrested, tried and convicted.
one other person could have been the woman he was having an affair with. I am sure the police have already checked her whereabouts. I remember that one of the first reasons Amber cooperated with the police in the SP case was that she was also suspect(for a nano second)

Is their some inherent characteristic or trait that automatically dooms some people to conclude guilt ahead of evidence?

Is that not a path of sin and deception, which over time desensitizes them to right and wrong, or in other words, to a point where their conscience becomes completely gone?

yes, there is, is called common sense and reasonable intelligence.

I don't know if the originator of the "bleach" story wants to be identified, but you know as well as I do, who posted the info. The original post has been edited by a SuperMod, so it's not fully intact, but she never said that they ran the tape back over two hours, just that they asked for video of a specific purchase.

Nonetheless, the store local to me, where the cops often review the tapes, they do it in the security office upstairs. If memory serves, the store in question also has their offices upstairs and while rumors may have circulated amongst the staff, I really don't think they'd have a big audience for what should've been routine.

Yes, your right, it is my opinon that LE checked what I referenced above, not that of the poster.

I think that many people assume that husbands who are not physically abusive or don't threaten to kill their wives are not dangerous.

From what I've observed, complete selfishness and lack of normal human emotions such as compassion are better indicators that a man might kill his wife. Men who do this have spent their lives putting on an act. They pretend to be outgoing, friendly, charismatic, caring , loving husbands and fathers. When the facade starts to crumble, the wife would be the first to see it. That is when she becomes expendable...and he becomes a killer.
JMO
Susan

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. The qualities you outlined have been a common denominator in many of these cases. It seems like many of these men get resentful that the money they make is being spent on a wife and children, too.

one other person could have been the woman he was having an affair with. I am sure the police have already checked her whereabouts. I remember that one of the first reasons Amber cooperated with the police in the SP case was that she was also suspect(for a nano second)

Yes, she could have motive. Not so sure about means and opportunity, especially since Brad said he was the last person to see her alive.

Yes, she could have motive. Not so sure about means and opportunity, especially since Brad said he was the last person to see her alive.

I doubt that Brad has said that he was "the last person to see her alive" because that would be admitting guilt.

I doubt that Brad has said that he was "the last person to see her alive" because that would be admitting guilt.
Not in those words, I agree. But he did say he was at home when she left to go jogging and didn't return. By default he is saying he was the last person to see her alive. Now if she didn't come home from the dinner party the night before, there would be a greater chance that people other than Brad were the last ones to see her, and that would open up a wealth of other possibilities.

Another person?

You might be right on Brad eventually being arrested, tried and convicted. You might not be right.

Reasoning to a conclusion ahead of the facts required to support that conclusion is hurtful, not helpful. Nothing good can result.

A sign on a bridge at Gerry Spence's Hidden Valley ranch reads: "Don't cross this bridge until you get here."

HTH

Not in those words, I agree. But he did say he was at home when she left to go jogging and didn't return. By default he is saying he was the last person to see her alive. Now if she didn't come home from the dinner party the night before, there would be a greater chance that people other than Brad were the last ones to see her, and that would open up a wealth of other possibilities.

The killer was the last person to see her alive. Brad is the last person to admit seeing her, but if he didn't do it, then that'd leave the killer and if she did actually go jogging, then I'm sure somebody probably passed her in a car. Right now, Brad is simply the last person that we know of, but in reality, the killer would've been the actual "last person".

Another person?

You might be right on Brad eventually being arrested, tried and convicted. You might not be right.

Reasoning to a conclusion ahead of the facts required to support that conclusion is hurtful, not helpful. Nothing good can result.

A sign on a bridge at Gerry Spence's Hidden Valley ranch reads: "Don't cross this bridge until you get here."

HTH

Hurtful to whom? I am reasoning to a conclusion BASED on the FACTS as we know them to be at this point in time. I am not and will not be a juror in this case. Again, this is what we do here. Surely you know that by now!

Good point! If he did kill her, maybe the children saw her when she got home so that eliminated that scenario, and he had to say she went out jogging for something to have happened to her then. She wasn't that far away from home the night before anyway so it probably would've been harder to believe something had happened to her on the way home as opposed to while she was out running Sat. morning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member