Prison Murders

lesliep

Reaction score
I am trying to find out how many prisoners are murdered while incarcerated in the USA. I have done many searches on the Internet, but can't find any info. I know there are a lot of gang murders, etc in prisons. Any help is appreciated. thanks

I just did some searching for you...came up with NOTHING. Jeez, you'd think this would be easy to research. I'll keep looking around though.

I can't find anything even remotely close to answering your question. AHHHHHHHHHH how aggravating. It drives me insane.

I spent a lot of time trying to find the answer before I posted the question...let me know if you find anything....thanks..

I spent a lot of time trying to find the answer before I posted the question...let me know if you find anything....thanks..

Girl it drives me INSANE when I can't find something like this...it seems so much like something that would be easy to find. I WILL keep looking though I am aggravated as h*ll.

I'll ask my dad when he gets home from vacation. (He worked for 31 years as a CO 1 at a state correctional facility.) In all honesty, I don't remember any murders. There were A LOT of beatings/shankings/rapes, but those who died did so of natural causes. (Except for the guards who were killed. :( ) However, there may have been cover-ups.

OT: One of the most amazing people I've ever known was an inmate in the facility where Dad worked. He was in prison for life for killing a man who threatened his four year old daughter w/ a butcher knife. Today, he'd either have a short sentence or none at all due to the public outcry. Then, they were black men in the 60s. :( He died last year of a heart attack (his third).

We had a huge issue such as this brewing... but it wasn't in a prison, but a jail lock up: the young man ran down one of our local LE, killing him. The young man ran, but was eventually caught. Some 48 hours later he came up dead in his cell... his death was initially determined to be a murder... his only contact had been with guards. My daughter's BFF was picked on by the young man, when in middle school: she said that he was nothing but trouble and mean... he got in trouble for slamming her head into a locker... and once back in school, he still picked on her.

The young man's family, last I heard, were gearing up with all kind of agencies to have the death investigated...

thank you for the information! I couldn't find it.....do you know where to get the figures for federal prisons?? Or a breakdown on which prisons have murders, etc?

You're welcome! It's nothing really, I'm just good at googling.

I'll look in to it, but it won't be right this second.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back