The "Affair"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, I don't know if adultery is still a crime in NC, but I'm sure it's never enforced and though I no longer live in Cary, there's at least a dozen polygamous groupings living within a mile of my house, plus I've heard about meetups in some of the larger cities. Based entirely on circumstantial evidence, Nancy and Brad could've had a marriage of convenience during the latter part of her life, so that she could remain in the country and for all we know, they could've had an open marriage.

Just because Brad may or may not have been having a sexual relationship outside of the marriage does not necessarily have any bearing on the case, whatsoever. After all, if it was such an open secret and if her parents knew, who lived thousands of miles away in another country, then why wouldn't we think that Nancy wasn't also aware and how do we know that she didn't accept it?

I don't think she accepted it or she wouldn't have been discussing it with her friends and family. She seems to have made it clear to the family that she wanted out because of the way she was being treated.
I think the affair participant, whom ever she is, is knee deep in this also.

I disagree about the sexual relationship not having a bearing on this case. It is probably what led to all the trouble between Brad and Nancy.

I can think of at least 3 high profile cases we have discussed on WS's that have come about when another woman was involved.

This morning on Fox News Jamie Colby was interviewing one of the Fox News Producers who is on the ground covering the story in NC. He said "The police may also be looking at another suspect"

I said on another thread that there was a similar case here in Colorado this past year. Cops' wife having an affair with another cop on the force with her husband. Long story, but ended up with the cop that was having an affair trying to break it off. The woman wouldn't have it. She went to the guys' wives place of employment and killed her in cold blood.

The fantasy of forbidden love involved in affairs causes people to do crazy things. Case in point..the astronount from NASA that drove to Florida to confront another woman,ect.

:crazy:

I can think of at least 3 high profile cases we have discussed on WS's that have come about when another woman was involved.

Certainly an affair or affairs have been a factor in other cases and it may even prove relevant to this situation, but usually an illicit relationship is kept secret and apparently so many people knew about Brad's extracurricular activities that it could've been common knowledge among their peers. I mean, I have a friend who is a poly; She has a pretty high-profile job with a morals clause. Therefore only her close friends know that she has a husband, plus they have another partner who is a part of their domestic arrangement. I have another group of friends who aren't as important in the community and they make no secret of the fact that there's three people in the main relationship and two of them have extra (regular) partners on the side, etc, etc.

This is not to say that Brad and Nancy had an unorthodox, Swingtown-like marriage, but the fact that her parents (who live in another country, thousands of miles away) used an innocuous phrase like "sexual relationship outside of marriage" (or something similar) in a custody filing doesn't automatically make it relevant to Nancy's murder, nor does it appear that she didn't know. Unless the police deem it important or until one of her friends actually say that she was upset about the arrangement, then I don't know that it bears on this particular crime and to anyone other than a booker for a tabloid show, I can't really say that it's important.

JMHO

Its totally Brad's fault for bringing another woman into his sad state of affairs. He should of 'manned up' / walked away. But he was to egotistical to do that.

Now many people are being made to suffer. LE will release the other womans name when the time is right. Possibly once NC is laid to rest. Then the hats will come off..........

Certainly an affair or affairs have been a factor in other cases and it may even prove relevant to this situation, but usually an illicit relationship is kept secret and apparently so many people knew about Brad's extracurricular activities that it could've been common knowledge among their peers. I mean, I have a friend who is a poly; She has a pretty high-profile job with a morals clause. Therefore only her close friends know that she has a husband, plus they have another partner who is a part of their domestic arrangement. I have another group of friends who aren't as important in the community and they make no secret of the fact that there's three people in the main relationship and two of them have extra (regular) partners on the side, etc, etc.

This is not to say that Brad and Nancy had an unorthodox, Swingtown-like marriage, but the fact that her parents (who live in another country, thousands of miles away) used an innocuous phrase like "sexual relationship outside of marriage" (or something similar) in a custody filing doesn't automatically make it relevant to Nancy's murder, nor does it appear that she didn't know. Unless the police deem it important or until one of her friends actually say that she was upset about the arrangement, then I don't know that it bears on this particular crime and to anyone other than a booker for a tabloid show, I can't really say that it's important.

JMHO

I just posted one of my theories in "theories". LOL. However, I must say that what you are saying has some validity. The problem with those arrangements is that at some point maybe someone is unhappy and doesn't want to "share" anymore. It has crossed my mind that this could have been what went on here. "Maybe" Nancy,and possibly the husband of the other woman, no longer wanted to play the game. You are right. This does happen more then we like to admit.

Just because Brad may or may not have been having a sexual relationship outside of the marriage does not necessarily have any bearing on the case, whatsoever. After all, if it was such an open secret and if her parents knew, who lived thousands of miles away in another country, then why wouldn't we think that Nancy wasn't also aware and how do we know that she didn't accept it?
Didn't Scott Peterson try that defense?! He touted that Lacy knew about Amber and she was "ok with it". This proved to be false.

Family and friends would know if she was in an open marriage. They would also know she accepted it. In this case, no one is saying that at all. They are saying she was extremely upset by it.

Its totally Brad's fault for bringing another woman into his sad state of affairs. He should of 'manned up' / walked away. But he was to egotistical to do that.

Now many people are being made to suffer. LE will release the other womans name when the time is right. Possibly once NC is laid to rest. Then the hats will come off..........
I think the friends and the media might get a jump on LE for this one. The media already knows who this woman is and it won't be long until she is splashed across the pages of the tabloids.

I think the friends and the media might get a jump on LE for this one. The media already knows who this woman is and it won't be long until she is splashed across the pages of the tabloids.
Just based upon what I heard on Fox this morning I think this woman, whoever she is, is going to be exposed sooner then later. I think she is involved in Nancy's disappearance in some way.

This is not to say that Brad and Nancy had an unorthodox, Swingtown-like marriage, but the fact that her parents (who live in another country, thousands of miles away) used an innocuous phrase like "sexual relationship outside of marriage" (or something similar) in a custody filing doesn't automatically make it relevant to Nancy's murder, nor does it appear that she didn't know.
Not that it's likely, but for the sake of completeness it should also be brought up at least once - so here it is...

The affair may have been with a man, baby.

Not that it's likely, but for the sake of completeness it should also be brought up at least once - so here it is...

The affair may have been with a man, baby.

I would have responded to this post earlier but.....it left me a little speechless LOL....actually, I'm just rambling cause it still leaves me speechless :eek:

Just based upon what I heard on Fox this morning I think this woman, whoever she is, is going to be exposed sooner then later. I think she is involved in Nancy's disappearance in some way.

I have no doubt who ever this lady is. Had anything to do with Nancy's Murder

Heck, I don't know if adultery is still a crime in NC, but I'm sure it's never enforced and though I no longer live in Cary, there's at least a dozen polygamous groupings living within a mile of my house, plus I've heard about meetups in some of the larger cities. Based entirely on circumstantial evidence, Nancy and Brad could've had a marriage of convenience during the latter part of her life, so that she could remain in the country and for all we know, they could've had an open marriage.

N.C. is one of the last few states that still has an Alienation of Affection law on the books. I type depositions as a side job and people get sued quite frequently for alienation of affection. There have been some whopper settlements and court awards for alienation of affection. A woman in Burlington N.C. was awarded $1 million from her husband's mistress. I think a case in Winston-Salem the wife was awarded like half a mil from her husband's secretary.

N.C. is one of the last few states that still has an Alienation of Affection law on the books. I type depositions as a side job and people get sued quite frequently for alienation of affection. There have been some whopper settlements and court awards for alienation of affection. A woman in Burlington N.C. was awarded $1 million from her husband's mistress. I think a case in Winston-Salem the wife was awarded like half a mil from her husband's secretary.
Thanks for this information! I think, now that you mention it, there was a lifetime move (based on a true story) about one of these women. Good info from you and all the folks in NC. Special thanks to the lawyers also.

I personally think that Brad wanted his cake and to eat it, too. I think that he took Nancy for granted. He never thought that she would leave him. When she decided to do it, it surprised him. He did everything within his power to get her to stay in the marriage, to include withholding money as a form of punishment. You would have thought that he would have been embarrassed that she had to go to her parents to get money for food and necessities for herself and the children--especially with her father being the (former) director of child services in Canada.

I would think that Brad would have been afraid of the FIL's power and connections. Apparently, he wasn't.

I think thats part of the narcissitic personality, being invincible.

I am definitely NOT saying this is the Heather mentioned as possibly being Brad's mistress, but this is the Heather Brenicek in the interview:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6265188

I think it needs to be addressed and someone should step forward to give up the real identity of the mistress instead of allowing the press and public to speculate thus involving the wrong people. WHO is the real Heather?! IS her name even Heather?! WHO was Brad having an affair with?!

I have no doubt who ever this lady is. Had anything to do with Nancy's Murder
We couldn't imagine Bobby Cutts, Jr. involving his high school buddy, Myesha, only to ride with him to dump Jessie either! Yet...to hear her tell it in court...it is all she did. It still got her some time behind bars tho.

Interesting less0305

IMHO, this COULD go to (part of) MOTIVE.

Motive
Means
Opportunity

Just sayin',:rolleyes:
fran

I had heard about him hiding the passports. But not about denying her money and her having to get help for food and other things. What a jerk. It is too bad she wasn't just able to get out there, obtained emergency passports or something.

I don't understand people who are already halfway out the door themselves, by having an affair, not just letting their spouse leave in peace. :chicken:

I had heard about him hiding the passports. But not about denying her money and her having to get help for food and other things. What a jerk. It is too bad she wasn't just able to get out there, obtained emergency passports or something.

I don't understand people who are already halfway out the door themselves, by having an affair, not just letting their spouse leave in peace. :chicken:

It's a classic sign of an abuser, LillyRush. Sad but true. He's already won the battle, but he has to win the entire war.

They don't look on their spouse and children as people, they're possessions. They belong to THEM. That often times is why when the separation occurs, it's the most dangerous time for the victim. This is when the abuser decides, "IF they can't have them, no one else will either."

It's scary and maybe, the majority of the time, unpredictible which ONE of these guys will go off on that road.

Poor Nancy. She probably never saw it coming. :(

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads