2008.07.22 Bail Hearing & Charges Against Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080723/ap_on_re_us/florida_missing_girl_15

Casey Anthony, 22, is charged only with child neglect and lying to investigators. Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland set her bond at $500,000 Tuesday, saying the law did not allow him to hold her without bail.
He set the unusually high amount after hearing about evidence of human decomposition allegedly found in Anthony's yard and car. Her daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, has been missing since mid-June.
"Not a bit of useful information has been provided by Ms. Anthony as to the whereabouts of her daughter," Strickland said. "And I would add that the truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers."
Anthony is charged with child neglect, making false official statements and obstructing a criminal investigation. Authorities say she did not report the girl missing until last week, and only then at her own mother's insistence.

The line of questioning eventually turned to the family's financial standing after Cindy indicated that money for bond would be available if granted.

Drane-Burdick inquired about a mortgage on the Anthony's Orlando home and other loans on which the family had defaulted. The defense objected, but Judge Strickland permitted the line of questioning stating, "It's painful but relevant."

Asked whether Casey would be under constant supervision upon release, Cindy responded, "Casey won't have access to a car. I'm not going to handcuff her anywhere. I will provide someone with her at all times," said Cindy Anthony. "I will have someone 'Casey-sit' her, because she's not a baby."

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...=20&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Asked whether Casey would be under constant supervision upon release, Cindy responded, "Casey won't have access to a car. I'm not going to handcuff her anywhere. I will provide someone with her at all times," said Cindy Anthony. "I will have someone 'Casey-sit' her, because she's not a baby."

I don't trust Casey OR her mother.

I doubt either of them would care if all their relatives lost their money, homes & possessions when Casey jumps bail.

Who will she get to Casey-sit? Zenaida Gonzalez?

Good question LI Mom.

She claims Casey's friends have already agreed to watch her. I wonder if that is true.

I don't trust Casey OR her mother.

I doubt either of them would care if all their relatives lost their money, homes & possessions when Casey jumps bail.

Who will she get to Casey-sit? Zenaida Gonzalez?
I am agreeing with you about bail. I really think if they get her out of jail she is going to take off and I believe it will be with the GM's help. Just nothing any of them say makes any sence. If she won't tell LE anything while she is in jail then what makes them think she will tell them when she gets out of jail? One of the statements that bothers me is the GM keeps saying her daughter will be able to do investigating about the where abouts of her daughter if she can just get out of jail.....Only after pressure from GM did she tell her the baby was missing. Meanwhile, what was she doing for the month this child was gone? Party? Having fun? Being single w/no responsibilities? The entire family knows this child is dead and , it is only my belief, they want her out of jail to get her out of country. Florida does have the DP. Don't mean to bash GM but I think she is more messed up (head) than her daughter. Yesterday on the stand she asked for water and then made the statement that everyone knows I just drink water, I don't eat. Who cares? She wants her 5 min. of fame. I can almost understand why her daughter is so messed up.

I am agreeing with you about bail. I really think if they get her out of jail she is going to take off and I believe it will be with the GM's help. Just nothing any of them say makes any sence. If she won't tell LE anything while she is in jail then what makes them think she will tell them when she gets out of jail? One of the statements that bothers me is the GM keeps saying her daughter will be able to do investigating about the where abouts of her daughter if she can just get out of jail.....Only after pressure from GM did she tell her the baby was missing. Meanwhile, what was she doing for the month this child was gone? Party? Having fun? Being single w/no responsibilities? The entire family knows this child is dead and , it is only my belief, they want her out of jail to get her out of country. Florida does have the DP. Don't mean to bash GM but I think she is more messed up (head) than her daughter. Yesterday on the stand she asked for water and then made the statement that everyone knows I just drink water, I don't eat. Who cares? She wants her 5 min. of fame. I can almost understand why her daughter is so messed up.

Do You really think the GM would help her get away after putting up her house? She would want to be homeless? I really don't believe the whole family thinks she is dead. I don't think the would bail her out if they did.

I kind of feel sorry her the grandma! :(
It's not her fault and she notified police.
Now she has to put up bail.... she's not rich.
I feel for her, her heart must be breaking too.

Frankly, I don't think GM is worried about being homeless.... she's probably counting on selling the story to Hollywood &/or making a book deal.

I do think Casey & GM both have very serious mental health problems.... their nonsense about "investigating" the crime themselves or letting Casey out of jail SO she can help find Casey is SO, SO removed from anything even close to the land of reality it's almost laughable that the attorney is willing to go on tv & repeat this stupidity.

I do think there are reasons unknown to the public that the judge was even willing to grant bail to this self-absorbed brat.... maybe LE (FBI, detectives) were afraid the family would totally stop cooperating if poor Casey was persecuted.

Giving her bail at least stops the family from crying victim & puts the focus back on the REAL VICTIM..... Caylee.

I do think there are reasons unknown to the public that the judge was even willing to grant bail to this self-absorbed brat.

According to the first post in this thread, it wouldn't be legal for him to hold her without bail. I don't know Florida law, but I know my husband (who is an attorney) was absolutely astounded that her bail was set so high for the crimes she's been charged with, so I'm guessing this judge did the absolute best he could to attempt to keep her locked up. There are just limits to what even he can do.

I highly doubt that there are any friends or at least any left if there ever were many.

I think by this time her friends probably feel sorry for her & the total mess she made of her life & the enormous pain she caused SO MANY innocent people.

After hearing the 911 calls, I'm convinced her family had NO PART in Caylee's disappearance OR any type of coverup after the fact.

I think the only thing they are guilty of is holding their tongues & NOT wanting to say anything that might get back to Casey. Their only hope in finding what happened to Caylee is if Casey ever decides she's tired of lying & hiding the truth.

I think bailing Casey out will be THE biggest mistake this family can make. Casey will turn around & break their hearts even worse than she already has.

I hope Casey's lawyer is telling her to start cooperating BEFORE the police find a body & it's too late for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff