Thread No. 23 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much really new but perhaps the Nancy Cooper case will motivate WCSO to quit saying they are making progess and get on with it. Note the following:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1158838.html

As it turns out, Fisher was in Raleigh, visiting her younger daughter Meredith in mid-July when Cooper's body was discovered at a construction site near her Lochmere home.
"I've been following the case very closely ever since," Fisher said. "It was so hard to read the stories and watch it while I was there," she said. "It hurt to my very core. It just starts it all over again."

She repeated what the investigators say: "They're working on the case, and they're making progress." Beyond that, she is sworn to silence. "There's so much I can't talk about, but there's so much I want to say."

Not much really new but perhaps the Nancy Cooper case will motivate WCSO to quit saying they are making progess and get on with it. Note the following:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1158838.html

As it turns out, Fisher was in Raleigh, visiting her younger daughter Meredith in mid-July when Cooper's body was discovered at a construction site near her Lochmere home.
"I've been following the case very closely ever since," Fisher said. "It was so hard to read the stories and watch it while I was there," she said. "It hurt to my very core. It just starts it all over again."

She repeated what the investigators say: "They're working on the case, and they're making progress." Beyond that, she is sworn to silence. "There's so much I can't talk about, but there's so much I want to say."

OH, charlie!

We must think EXACTLY alike. I was putting this in the media thread the same time you were putting it here! ;)

This is another case that breaks my heart. It's compounded by the fact the perp is still free walking the streets. But, IMO, there's hope a resolution will come some day, hopefully sooner than later.

I especially like the part where she says "They're working on the case, and they're making progress. Beyond that, she is sworn to silence."

I hope the perp reads this article and realizes he will not get away with it, LE has his number! They're just waiting for the right moment. Justice does not always come as quickly as we would like, but come it will!

Justice for Michelle Young!

JMHO
fran

OH, charlie!

We must think EXACTLY alike. I was putting this in the media thread the same time you were putting it here! ;)

This is another case that breaks my heart. It's compounded by the fact the perp is still free walking the streets. But, IMO, there's hope a resolution will come some day, hopefully sooner than later.

I especially like the part where she says "They're working on the case, and they're making progress. Beyond that, she is sworn to silence."

I hope the perp reads this article and realizes he will not get away with it, LE has his number! They're just waiting for the right moment. Justice does not always come as quickly as we would like, but come it will!

Justice for Michelle Young!

JMHO
fran

Unfortunately for Linda Fisher - she has been hearing that statement from LE for 20 months. The sworn to silence comment - tells me a great deal, so have the witnesses LE is relying on. So many placed under this strain and the perp is still playing around fancy free. Absolutely stinks and I do hope LE/DA gets off the pot in short order.

Unfortunately for Linda Fisher - she has been hearing that statement from LE for 20 months. The sworn to silence comment - tells me a great deal, so have the witnesses LE is relying on. So many placed under this strain and the perp is still playing around fancy free. Absolutely stinks and I do hope LE/DA gets off the pot in short order.

At this point all we have is hope. I don't want to give that up.

This makes me so sad. Such a beautiful life and precious unborn child taken needlessly.

This sort of thing should NOT happen and when it does, the perp should be PUNISHED.

LE needs to get off their duff and arrest someone! IMO, I think many know who that 'someone' is.

:(
fran

At this point all we have is hope. I don't want to give that up.

This makes me so sad. Such a beautiful life and precious unborn child taken needlessly.

This sort of thing should NOT happen and when it does, the perp should be PUNISHED.

LE needs to get off their duff and arrest someone! IMO, I think many know who that 'someone' is.

:(
fran

Not sure it is LE who needs to get off the pot - more likely the DA. However, I definitely do not wish to see the DA go forward unless the case can be proven to the standard required. If it is the DA holding off - it tells me LE missed something - so IMO they need to stop saying they are progessing and get with it. I'm sure it is not easy, but that is what they were trained for. And I am pro LE :crazy:

Not sure it is LE who needs to get off the pot - more likely the DA. However, I definitely do not wish to see the DA go forward unless the case can be proven to the standard required. If it is the DA holding off - it tells me LE missed something - so IMO they need to stop saying they are progessing and get with it. I'm sure it is not easy, but that is what they were trained for. And I am pro LE :crazy:

Well hello RC! So good to see you!
And thank you for posting the link to this N&O article. I imagine Nancy Cooper's murder did conjure up all sorts of feelings in Linda, and in Meredith Fisher.

Let me say also, that I too am PRO LE! God bless them all. I would not want their jobs. After reading Amanda Lamb's book about the Eric Miller murder, investigation, and the 4 years it took to arrest his guilty wife, I'm convinced that the hold up in Michelle's case is in the DA's office. What else can they possibly discover now, almost 21 months! I think the DA needs to go ahead and give the ok. jmho.

I also think the media should make some moves and shake up the comfort zone of the " suspect ". He should be really easy to find, as much as he's out on the road daily. Find him, shove a microphone in his face, and ask some of those questions he should be asked!

The amount of frustration that I have , I just can't see how Linda and Meredith have made it this long and kept their sanity. They are most certainly strong women with much faith.

Well hello RC! So good to see you!
And thank you for posting the link to this N&O article. I imagine Nancy Cooper's murder did conjure up all sorts of feelings in Linda, and in Meredith Fisher.

Let me say also, that I too am PRO LE! God bless them all. I would not want their jobs. After reading Amanda Lamb's book about the Eric Miller murder, investigation, and the 4 years it took to arrest his guilty wife, I'm convinced that the hold up in Michelle's case is in the DA's office. What else can they possibly discover now, almost 21 months! I think the DA needs to go ahead and give the ok. jmho.

I also think the media should make some moves and shake up the comfort zone of the " suspect ". He should be really easy to find, as much as he's out on the road daily. Find him, shove a microphone in his face, and ask some of those questions he should be asked!

The amount of frustration that I have , I just can't see how Linda and Meredith have made it this long and kept their sanity. They are most certainly strong women with much faith.

Hi Sweetmop :)

I have no idea how Linda and Meredith have managed, the silence and inability to discuss and to know what they know has to be overwhelming. It is obvious from this article, it has not gotten easier and the toll is heavy.

Some information is coming to light - not much help but:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1159324.html

The Wake County Sheriff's Office still has a search warrant sealed in connection with the murder of Michelle Young.

Wake investigators obtained a search warrant in the Young case a little over a year ago to look for clues in an undisclosed location, according to a court document made public today at the clerk of courts office. Stephens agreed to seal that warrant for 180 days. Last month, on June 5, Stephens again agreed to seal the warrant for at least 180 more days.

ETA - June of 2007 ? Confusing - perjaps they are referening to the Valentines Day 08 warrants.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/3305132/

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/news_briefs/2008/07/30/3305206/19508-myoung_sealed.pdf

Here are 2 other links to this. I'm very confused. Has this July 5, 2007 SW been sealed once already and this is the 2nd time or was this SW issued and had never been retured until June 5th, 2008 and then sealed? Can LE hang on to a SW for 11 months w/o returning it? What kind of search document would need hanging on to for 11 months? Besides - I thought the media was on top of all public documents about this case and it took almost 2 months before they published anything about it. I'm a little disappointed that it has taken this long.

I am a LOT disappointed that Michelle's murderer is still walking as a free man!

I cannot believe they don't have enough to indict him. What do they want, a video?

Either arrest him or tell the public it's in the 'cold case files.'

This looks like it's going nowhere. What a shame, another one gets away with it. :(

JMHO
fran

I am a LOT disappointed that Michelle's murderer is still walking as a free man!

I cannot believe they don't have enough to indict him. What do they want, a video?

This looks like it's going nowhere. What a shame, another one gets away with it. :(

JMHO
fran
I am beginning to agree with you and I dont like it :mad:

Am waiting to see the faces of the new house owners if the jury decides they want a walkthrough of the crime scene.

Sure hope the realtor was kind enough to warn the new owners of Birchleaf that THAT is a distinct possibility for the future!

Hey Jason...Is everything you 'took' with you accounted for for that night in 2006? Better check again son.

Jus' askin'

Am waiting to see the faces of the new house owners if the jury decides they want a walkthrough of the crime scene.

Sure hope the realtor was kind enough to warn the new owners of Birchleaf that THAT is a distinct possibility for the future!

Hey Jason...Is everything you 'took' with you accounted for for that night in 2006? Better check again son.

Jus' askin'

Sami - HELLO !

Glad to hear from you ! Hope you are well. :)

I suspect there may be more than one thing he "took" with him that is unaccounted for.

I am beginning to agree with you and I dont like it :mad:

We should know something in the next few months. Michelle's family has 2 years from the time of the crime to file a wrongful death suit in civil court (I think). If there is an arrest and impending trial, that time frame gets extended. If there is no arrest, they need to file before the November deadline. Since Michelle's mother was just in Raleigh and just met with investigators and she hasn't yet filed the civil suit, they may have given her some indication that an arrest is still in the realm of upcoming possibilities.

JMHO
fran

Oh Fran - I'm a LOT disappointed that Michelle's murderer is walking too!!! I meant that I was disappointed with the media. I feel they have forgotten about Michelle until, sadly, another beautiful mom was murdered in the area - Nancy Cooper. It is such a shame.

Hi Sweet!:blowkiss: What a great idea - chase him down the street and ask him why his wife still doesn't have a headstone!:rage:

We should know something in the next few months. Michelle's family has 2 years from the time of the crime to file a wrongful death suit in civil court (I think). If there is an arrest and impending trial, that time frame gets extended. If there is no arrest, they need to file before the November deadline. Since Michelle's mother was just in Raleigh and just met with investigators and she hasn't yet filed the civil suit, they may have given her some indication that an arrest is still in the realm of upcoming possibilities.

Hi Cheyenne and Welcome!

I suppose the last thing Linda would want to do is file before a charge - if it went to trial he'd simply take the 5th.
What I'm wondering is.....In the event he's not charged before this 2 yr period, can she file a suit just before the deadline and sit on it? You'd think there'd be some way around this legally.

Traveler! Welcome to you too.

I don't know the answer to your question but thought I'd say hello. When I read about that July 25th warrant the other day I thought it was something new which I didn't know about! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle