Caylee Anthony 2 year old #67 General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else would give all the money in their pocket right now to read that psychological report on Casey that was filed on July 31?

I would!
I posted this last night but no one commented on it. When Casey got her "new" lawyer and he was spouting off on all the news channels, a reporter asked about her mental status and he replied, "She has NO mental issues. She is perfectly fine. She is just stressed and under pressure."
So my question is,.. can this come back to bite him when it goes to trial? Can they still plead not guilty by insanity even though he stated she is fine????

I noticed and it is a classic sign with controlling people. People who see others as possessions speak like that. THey do not refer to people by their names. My car, my house, my wife, my grandaughter, etc.

I'm guilty of saying things like that myself and in no way am I controlling. I always say my house, my car, my money, my mama...but I realize it is my husbands too. I even asked my husband if it bothered him and he said no.

People are different in a lot of ways - including how they speak. And FWIW, Caylee is his granddaughter. I feel for him...the pain is right there on his face. It was so obvious his pain and frustration this morning in his rant. Quite honestly, I can't blame him.

I lost one of my best friends (Jamie) 17 years ago and his body has yet to be recovered. His mother, in public, was very stern faced. Behind closed doors, she was a basket case. Jamie's room was left as he left it for nearly 5 years. She had hope that he would come home one day. It's very sad when you just don't know.

George's anger:

I think that we may see murder charges in the next day or two, and detectives have presented that reality to the family.

I'm with Swag regarding the media. There is a way to use them to your advantage. Beth Holloway comes to mind for one. She was amazing.

George's emotions are authentic in MPO. Even his anger is not terrible towards the media, he is mostly showing pain and I believe he is being authentic in his outburst. All the walls are collapsing around them, the reality is hitting hard. This is not the same with Cindy attacking the media and telling people to get their *advertiser censored** off the couch. As I see it this is genuine family victim's anger, that step of the process. The walls of hope and denial collapsing, the anxiety attacks and desperation kicking in.

And we do have to give them some understanding for their unwillingness to believe Casey is responsible. Casey was not a violent person, she was not psychotic, she didn't threaten to kill the child before, she and child had a pretty good life for a single mother, Casey had boyfriend and friends and supporting family around. The shock must be big. The terror of someone yours doing this to another family member, especially with no warning signs, must be like a never ending nightmare they are desperately trying to wake up from.

I hope they'll get some counselling for this next phase and beyond... they have a lot of complicated emotions to work through and it's going to be very difficult.

Devil's Advocate here ...

Casey could be depressed, being that tomorrow's her daughter's birthday. Even if she DID murder her in cold blood and is a sociopath, as many people believe, she could be depressed feeling sorry for herself that she's not going to be at a fun birthday party with her family tomorrow.

Refusing the visit may just mean she's depressed, not an indication that she's getting ready to crack or mad at her brother.

Ohhhh yeah... I bet that would be some good reading! I'd just like to see if Casey was able to pull the wool over the psychologists eyes -- I sure hope not! :loser:

I doubt she was able to do that. But OH what I'd give to see the diagnosis...or diagnoses.

Just watched the George rant video. That man is deeply, deeply frustrated. I'm with all of you who said it's the combination of Caylee's birthday preparations, and Casey's refusal to see Lee...poor guy. And Cindy seemed like a different person in dealing with his outburst.

Whoever mentioned on a previous thread that George seemed like the type to have a "temper", well, there ya go. Not that I can blame him.

I think Casey (and Baez) are carefully crafting this to create a "kidnapping-gone-wrong-let's-blame-law-enforcement-for-mishandling-it's-not-my-fault" defense. I don't trust that Baez guy ONE bit. He is a shady character! JMO

You know, I am furious with Casey. She's hurt everyone that ever believed in her.

George's outburst looks to be a normal male response to me. Men do deal differently than women.

The old saying, God won't put you through more than you can handle... They're being given small portions at a time for what is going to be such a life altering, disaster they could ever face. To force your heart to believe your own daughter killed your grand daughter is more than they could handle in the beginning. Plain denial, though they have taken some extremes to cover-up.

I'm really sad for them, I really am. Losing a loved one is one of the worst things in life to ever be dealt, much less lose the most precious thing... Caylee. She's helpless in all this. She really never had a chance, did she?

The media would not in front of the Anthony house today if Casey had told the truth on July 15 half of use would never even have heard of this.

There are no ends to the the could've should'ves here... but the family is going through a process of fear and grief.....

I think I'd be hospitalized by now, if I were in their shoes....

I would!
I posted this last night but no one commented on it. When Casey got her "new" lawyer and he was spouting off on all the news channels, a reporter asked about her mental status and he replied, "She has NO mental issues. She is perfectly fine. She is just stressed and under pressure."
So my question is,.. can this come back to bite him when it goes to trial? Can they still plead not guilty by insanity even though he stated she is fine????
there is no way in he77 that Baez would be able to argue this case with an insanity plea - no way - not even temporary insanity.

I would!

I don't know if this can come back to bite him at trial or not. I think he said she has no "latent" mental issues. That could mean her mental issues are all up front, if I understand the word latent like I think I do. Going to look it up now.

I would!

They can plead anything. But it takes a psychologist to offer the opinion that what they plead is factually correct. "Insanity" is not a psychological term...they would testify to her fitness to stand trial and her mental state at the time of the crime.

If I remember my psychology 101 courses from college (which I took from a psychologist who worked for LE), fewer than 2 cases of 100 that attempt insanity defense receive a diagnosis that can be used for the insanity defense.

It's not as widely used as people think...that's what she said in lecture.

Plus... he isn't a medical expert.... and I'm not sure a lawyer's statements can be used as evidence

But, why Lee? It seems like they are close....maybe Casey is starting to feel ashamed for what has transpired and could not face her brother. I mean, I could see her refusing to see Cindy, because of the cancelled visit this week, but not Lee.

Siblings can be close BUT ALSO simblings know better their brothers and sisters than their parents do. You know how people present to their parents their ideal self. But Lee probably had a better knowledge and inside info of Casey's lies, manipulation, shortcomings. Usually it is this way. I don't think Lee was so soft on Casey as mom might was. And I think Lee was the first from his family to face the hard truth. I don't remember him saying stories about gaz and dates and clothes, etc. He kept a distance from that.

I personally think that Casey would have visited with a family member today OTHER than Lee. Lee seems to be the ONLY one that won't take her crap. He is the one that gets to the bottom of things. I think she was afraid to talk to him because she knows what they know about the search warrant and other things.
If it was George or Cindy I think she would have had the visit because then she could play the victim and say oh I wish CAylee was home tomorrow is her birthday and get SYMPATHY about what SHE is going through,.. seems classic Casey to me,.. JMO

la·tent·ly, adverb

—Synonyms 1. dormant, quiescent, veiled, Latent, potential refer to powers or possibilities existing but hidden or not yet actualized. Latent emphasizes the hidden character or the dormancy of what is named: latent qualities, defects, diseases. That which is potential exists in an as yet undeveloped state, but is thought of as capable of coming into full being or activity at some future time: potential genius, tragedy. Potential may be applied also to tangibles: High-tension wires are a potential source of danger.
—Antonyms 1. open, active.

from dictionary.com

I agree...

I also agree with this. I can't imagine what he is going through but I could see myself wanting the media to leave me alone, and I could see myself losing it at least once if they were always in my face.

Snip...
Okay I'd just like to give everybody a little insight on what Casey may have been feeling since I'm in a simililar situation. (23, 2 toddlers 2 &3, dad not around..he's my husband but can't get a visa back to U.S. yet...long story, living with my mother, have lived on and off with parents for most my kid's lives) When you are in this situation, you feel like everyone around you is just waiting for you to mess us and say I told you so, it is hard to get a job with no education and to afford babysitting but everyone expects you to be working to pay for your "mistake". I think she really just didn't want to admit her failures to them..probably dating all the way back to her job at universal. I think it's highly unlikely that she can afford a babysitter because I've never once been able to afford one, not even for the night. If nobody in my family is wiling to watch them, we are attached at the hip 24/7. I originally started following this because I feel like this could have very easily been me, if I was more immature and probably if my husband hadn't stayed in the picture when I was pregnant at 19.

I feel for you, I do. And bless you for being honest about how difficult it is.

Having been a very young mom myself, I have a different opinion, for that very reason. I had my oldest when I was just 16! I was still in high school!! I was the youngest of 3 children and very much the "baby" of my family. I was devastated. In no way was I ready for this. It took me the whole pregnancy to come to grips with it. Considered putting him up for adoption but decided to raise him on my own. The dad and I were not marriage material at that point. But, honestly...having my son at such a young age was the best thing that ever happened to me. I knew I HAD to grow up at that point! My family was incredibly supportive but I was now a mom. I lived with my mom and my sister for quite a while until I could make it on my own. I had my share of partying as a young mom, while my son was safely at home with grandma. Much like Caylee was with Cindy on weekends, I'm sure. And when they couldn't/wouldn't watch my son - I stayed home! I also found a job, straight out of high school, and kept it for 16 years! It's what I had to do. I was a single mom until my son was 12! It was tough but it was my responsibility! Not to mention, I love my son more than life itself, he depended on me. I could go on and on...

Anyway, I just wanted to add that while it may be easy to feel sorry for her because she is a young, single mom, she also has had plenty of time and the support of her family to grow into a good mom!

IMO. Don't mean to offend anyone.

And again, I do feel for you in your situation. I hope it gets worked out soon. Trust me when I say, I know how difficult it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu