Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue GENERAL discussions here. Look around Nancy has her own forum, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies.....

websleuths.jpg

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

BE NICE TO EACHOTHER, AGREE TO DISAGREE. WE SHOULD WELCOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE A DIFFERENT THEORY ON THE CASE...BETTER FOR DISCUSSIONS, :doh: MIGHT AS WELL JUST TALK TO MYSELF IF I ONLY WANT TO HEAR MY OWN THEORY.:waitasec:

Originally posted by Bob&Bob
What did you do with the other red plate?

Are you getting on me because I put PLATES instead of PLATE? I only have 1 red plate on my car. My old blue one is now in the hands of the DMV. I'm not sure what they did with it after they threw it in the big pile behind the desk.

Are you getting on me because I put PLATES instead of PLATE? I only have 1 red plate on my car. My old blue one is now in the hands of the DMV. I'm not sure what they did with it after they threw it in the big pile behind the desk.

I'm not "getting on" you. You said in post #334 on
thread 17 that you received "plates" in the mail.
Did you receive more than one?

bumped from last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
the medical examiner testified at one of the custody hearings. it seems likely that a preliminary report ready.

according to just the fax , in NC, it is the lead investigator who presents the case to the Grand Jury. The DA is not in the room.

I don't remember the ME having to testify at any hearing. I believe he was served with a subpoena to show u p, ( and there was a rumour that he was at the courthouse, or on the way to the courthouse)but as no proceedings took place in the courtroom, the two sides of the family coming to an agreement about the temporary custody without benefit of a judge, he was not needed.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

jess, i clarified my post later. i'm almost sure i read an online news report that said the ME had testified. when i went back to look, i couldn't find it.

it is possible that i misread the article or the article was not correct.
it could be like you said that the ME was subpoenaed to appear but ended up not having to speak.

i just don't know.

eta: i may be that the article said that the ME was called to testify and i read as that he testified.

Also, in regard to the previous thread, I posted a post that
basically said that it seems to me that d99gr81 doesn't have
really any worse spelling than anyone else here. Having said that, I pointed out that I'm probably not a very good yardstick
because I didn't think anthrax man's poetry that went to the
tune of "I'm a little teapot" was all that bad. (see below)

I’m a little dream-self, short and stout.
I’m the other half of Bruce — when he lets me out.
When I get all steamed up, I don’t pout.
I push Bruce aside, then I’m free to run about!

I posted it, but it didn't post so I'm reposting.

They didn't put an example of his poem that goes to the
tune of Hickory Dickory Dock.

It's on The New York Times website titled "In anthrax scientist's email, hints of delusion." Author Eric Lipton.

bumped from last thread:

Quote:
the medical examiner testified at one of the custody hearings. it seems likely that a preliminary report ready.

according to just the fax , in NC, it is the lead investigator who presents the case to the Grand Jury. The DA is not in the room.

I don't remember the ME having to testify at any hearing. I believe he was served with a subpoena to show u p, ( and there was a rumour that he was at the courthouse, or on the way to the courthouse)but as no proceedings took place in the courtroom, the two sides of the family coming to an agreement about the temporary custody without benefit of a judge, he was not needed.

jess, i clarified my post later. i'm almost sure i read an online news report that said the ME had testified. when i went back to look, i couldn't find it.

it could be like you said that the ME was subpoenaed to appear but ended up not having to speak.

i just don't know.

Yeah, I think it got clarified yesterday that the ME was subpoenaed by BC's side for the hearing on July 24th. Since there was no official hearing, there was no testimony. Even if there had been a hearing, ME would have likely said it's too early to confirm anything. The suspicion is that the subpoena may have been posturing on the part of BC's attorneys anyway (knowing the ME wouldn't be able to reveal anything yet, it was an attempt to make it seem like they had nothing to hide, wanted to get to the truth, etc). Who knows.

My only point is that I don't believe everything I read.

I also don't believe that he received $285k as a bonus in 2007 when their finances were spelled out the way they were in the separation agreement. As I said before - to have that kind of coin just "disappear" would mean a drug or gambling habit -and with all the trash thrown out - THAT would have surely appeared.

Cisco also is not a calendar year company - their 2008 just ended.

I can't see that kind of bonus for someone NOT in sales - i.e. commissionable position. Brad was not the type of person to be in sales. Technical high end support for sales and help in landing the account, sure, but someone that gets that kind of bonus wouldn't have a base that high.

Similarly, there would not be money troubles with that kind of $$$ earned the year prior. Their debts are not that huge - mortgage not that large, only one car payment, etc. But - I can see where the lifestyle would be hard to support easily on $160K.

I never said that Cisco didn't have contracts - that would be a doofus statement.

There are lots of parts to Cisco - but based on the several folks I know pretty well, I think that compensation is, well, reserved for a VP level. Maybe he got that in stock options that vest over 5 years - I might could see that.

Perhaps you are right. Just nothing in my experience would have that make sense, nor would the current economic condition of the Coopers - even at a 40% tax rate, there would have been $267K in CASHOLA in CY 2007. WHERE DID IT GO???????? Did NC have over 1000 pairs of the jeans?

I think that it's quite possible that rumors grow and spawn things that get taken as fact - esp when it comes to things like peoples salary and bonuses. BC may have also been the type of person to exaggerate his salary / standing in order to look good in front of his peers.

First bold you are completely wrong. He IS on that sales account. And their sales bonuses for that account ARE quarterly.

Second bold...WHO SAID IT WENT ANYWHERE? I know rich people who complain about small debts. And frankly he earned the money so doesn't matter if he was not happy about what she was spending HE HAS THAT right. I could be wrong on the year but Cisco I believe back in 99 gave all employees a 100% bonus for Christmas. Cisco DOES take care of there own...that have many bonuses for many different reasons....

You know what... I don't care anymore... don't believe me... really its not important... most here think he did it and its just another reason he is guilty anyway.

AS for the Saint.... misspell was being changed to miss spell due to MY web interface auto spell checker... so ..|.. Nothing like having NOTHING TO say about a real point to try and change the subject with petty spelling/typo's. We all know how you feel... I had misspell as miss spell I MUST BE A MURDERER!

bumped from last thread:

Quote:

i just don't know.

I looked at the Ex Parte Custody documents not to long ago and it indicates that LE and the plantiffs' testified. I don't see any mention in the document of the ME testifying.

And, Jess is correct, the ME received a subpoena from BC's attorney and then the ME filed a motion to quash.

I'm not "getting on" you. You said in post #334 on
thread 17 that you received "plates" in the mail.
Did you receive more than one?

No, I only received one. I went back to look at my next post on the same subject (#347). I see some typos in there too.

To clarify, I only have 1 plate per car. To date, though we are a two car family, only one of those plates is the newer red one.

Lol

Bob...you're growning on me...

"the big pile behind the desk" Cracking me up!! I remember my plate was thrown on that pile with a definate show of disgust by the man behind the desk.:D

I know what you're saying though. I only have one plate per car also. Not sure how they would have gotten two.

Lol

Bob...you're growning on me...

"the big pile behind the desk" Cracking me up!! I remember my plate was thrown on that pile with a definate show of disgust by the man behind the desk.:D

I know what you're saying though. I only have one plate per car also. Not sure how they would have gotten two.

Caryishome, no it was totally my typo. I wasn't saying they got two. It was my fingers getting carried away in the typing about my personal circumstances and did not mean to make plate plural.

Caryishome, no it was totally my typo. I wasn't saying they got two. It was my fingers getting carried away in the typing about my personal circumstances and did not mean to make plate plural.

Got it. No problem - I think we were posting at about the same time.

Isn't it ironic we are talking about license plates when it is the prisoners at central prison who make them.
It's weird to think who made yours the next time you put it on??

(snipped)
You know what... I don't care anymore... don't believe me... really its not important... most here think he did it and its just another reason he is guilty anyway.

AS for the Saint.... misspell was being changed to miss spell due to MY web interface auto spell checker... so ..|.. Nothing like having NOTHING TO say about a real point to try and change the subject with petty spelling/typo's. We all know how you feel... I had misspell as miss spell I MUST BE A MURDERER!

WS has always been a place where people could discuss cases calmly.
stop yelling in capitals.

the tone on this thread is very unpleasant.

i was making a point in my post. it was not about a typo.

Can we all just take a big breath and step away from the keyboard?

The reason I keep coming back to this forum is because everyone is usually very respectful about other people's opinions and are not mean spirited or petty!

It's Friday, for gosh sakes! TGIF!!!

i don't know about you guys, but it seems to be that this thread gets derailed by a few powderkegs and at least one troll.

there are people who are interested in this case and interested in hearing the local information.

something seems to have happened on this thread and the caylee thread that makes it a very different experience for those of us who are familiar with websleuths.

this isn't Survivor, people are free to come and go. people have different schedules, work and home demands and live in different time zones. people cannot be expected to read every post on these threads.

many don't want to read because it seems that things are focused on posters and not the case and because of the nastiness.

if a local poster volunteers to do something that informs us, don't criticize them.

let's all try not to take the bait. if a poster annoys you, just scroll by .

some of you may have already scrolled past this post. ;)

OK everyone, calm down. Don't everyone get upset because others have opposite opinions and state it as such. Can't we just agree to disagree? Can't we all, just get along?:angel:

I honestly don't mind someone having the opposite opinion or on the fence as far as IF guilty or INNOCENT. That's why we're here, isn't it.? To find out what others are saying, the who, why, when, where?

I know that any of us behind these screens can say anything we want and it might not be true. But, seriously, if someone has a 'reason' they believe it true, whether they checked visually themself or had a connection that told them. Well,........it might be the wrong way, but I tend to believe them. That's just me.

We have posters here who've given us a 'scoop' here and there and told us 'why.' I will believe them until it's PROVEN it's not true. I don't think anyone here has an agenda. Oh, yeah, I think he's guilty, but I'm not trying to change your mind. If we've gone back and forth on a particular point and we are both still on opposite ends, we can just agree to disagree. We can then leave it at that, until one of our points is proved or disproved, and go from there.

Agree?

Friends?

Now {group hug} and let's discuss the case of Who Murdered Nancy Cooper?

:)
fran

OK everyone, calm down. Don't everyone get upset because others have opposite opinions and state it as such. Can't we just agree to disagree? Can't we all, just get along?:angel:

I honestly don't mind someone having the opposite opinion or on the fence as far as IF guilty or INNOCENT. That's why we're here, isn't it.? To find out what others are saying, the who, why, when, where?

I know that any of us behind these screens can say anything we want and it might not be true. But, seriously, if someone has a 'reason' they believe it true, whether they checked visually themself or had a connection that told them. Well,........it might be the wrong way, but I tend to believe them. That's just me.

We have posters here who've given us a 'scoop' here and there and told us 'why.' I will believe them until it's PROVEN it's not true. I don't think anyone here has an agenda. Oh, yeah, I think he's guilty, but I'm not trying to change your mind. If we've gone back and forth on a particular point and we are both still on opposite ends, we can just agree to disagree. We can then leave it at that, until one of our points is proved or disproved, and go from there.

Agree?

Friends?

Now {group hug} and let's discuss the case of Who Murdered Nancy Cooper?

:)
fran

Fran...many of us needed a group hug.

I woke up to someone trying to beat me this morning. You would think it was BC himself on the attack.:D

Still the question today, WHO killed NC?

Fran...many of us needed a group hug.

I woke up to someone trying to beat me this morning. You would think it was BC himself on the attack.:D

Still the question today, WHO killed NC?

:silenced:

k?

Everyone {happy}?

;)

fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online