Casey Anthony VS Hacking, Peterson and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Here is a thread to discuss the differences and similarities between Casey, Mark Hacking, Scott Peterson and others like them.

BIggest liars I have ever seen. What makes them tick?

And what made Susan Smith and Mark Hacking crumble?

I've been trying to listen to Casey's every word to see if she has any of that Scott speak where some words are said the wrong way. There's a term for it, but I can't remember but what it's called.

SuiziQ~
Me, my daughters and my husband searched for Lori!
I didn't realize you were local... wait maybe I did...:crazy:

Yeah we sleuthed together hoping to find that little cutie from South SL. I was so devistated she was found dead.

I've been trying to listen to Casey's every word to see if she has any of that Scott speak where some words are said the wrong way. There's a term for it, but I can't remember but what it's called.

There is and I read up on it. I can't remember what it's called either. But it has to do with the lack of empathy and emotions. If a kid got hit by a car on his bike, you and I would say "his poor mother!". A sociopath would say "his poor bike!" The disconnect makes them use odd phraises and words when they try to express empathy and emotion, because they don't have any.

ETA: and what's weird is I see more of that in Lee and Cindy than Casey. But we've also heard more from Lee and Cindy and it's probably stress related.

Ok, here is one for Casey vs. Mark Hacking.

Casey tells all those lies about working at Universal Studios. Taking the cops there, talking to a security guard as if she worked there. Insisting to the security guard that she worked there. Walking down the hall and finally admits she doesn't work there.

When Mark Hacking was graduating from Medical School at the University of Utah (it may have been pre med). He sent out expensive invitations and announcement to everyone he knew. His parents planned a big party. Then at the last minute he pretended to be sick to get out of it and everthing had to be cancelled. IIRC, his parents were in their car driving to the ceremony.

And what made Susan Smith and Mark Hacking crumble?

Mark Hacking told the truth when his father and brothers talked to him, because they did not believe his story about Lori jogging in the canyon. They gave him "support" for lying and told him that the best thing for everyone was for him to tell the truth about what he really did to Lori.

Cindy & George are still believing Casey's BS, not giving her support if she decides to fess up.

Mark Hacking told the truth when his father and brothers talked to him, because they did not believe his story about Lori jogging in the canyon. They gave him "support" for lying and told him that the best thing for everyone was for him to tell the truth about what he really did to Lori.

Cindy & George are still believing Casey's BS, not giving her support if she decides to fess up.

ITA, and Susan Smith?

Quoted....

Cindy & George are still believing Casey's BS, not giving her support if she decides to fess up.[/quote]

They are all cut from the same cloth. They all thought they had performed the PERFECT crime.....told the PERFECT lie. Now a PERFECT crime needed to be substantiated by even more lies which changed reality so much that everything just pointed back at them. Not a reality they were ready to deal with so they just keep the charade up thinking they can still pull the wool over someone. At least Mark Hacking had a supportive family that although he did such a heinous thing they still loved him. I am so angry at Casey's parents for not doing this that if they continue spouting her lies like they have been doing, they will find themselves legally involved as well. It is getting to the point where I feel they are in cahoots and are covering up for their daughter because they know Caylee is already gone. I wish they would take lessons from the Hacking case and hold her accountable.

I am just waiting for Caylee to find her way back to us like Lacy and Connor did and tell her story. I still pray that she is alive but with each day ticking away, my hopes are waining.

But didn't Hacking kill when he was going to found out? What would be the reason that Casey killed?

But didn't Hacking kill when he was going to found out? What would be the reason that Casey killed?

Good question. And that would be the difference between the two. As far as I can see anyways. Unless Casey had backed herself into some type of corner and getting Caylee out of the picture would help.

Good question. And that would be the difference between the two. As far as I can see anyways. Unless Casey had backed herself into some type of corner and getting Caylee out of the picture would help.

Unless her parents maybe kicked her out and she then had to take care of Caylee with no job. Where would she live? I know she was gonna move in with Amy and Ricardo, but how long was she going to be able to do that without a real job? She may have thought that her only real shot was Tony, and more than likely he wouldn't want the responsibility of taking care her and a child.

Idk.

Unless her parents maybe kicked her out and she then had to take care of Caylee with no job. Where would she live? I know she was gonna move in with Amy and Ricardo, but how long was she going to be able to do that without a real job? She may have thought that her only real shot was Tony, and more than likely he wouldn't want the responsibility of taking care her and a child.

Idk.
That puts her more like Susan Smith.

There is and I read up on it. I can't remember what it's called either. But it has to do with the lack of empathy and emotions. If a kid got hit by a car on his bike, you and I would say "his poor mother!". A sociopath would say "his poor bike!" The disconnect makes them use odd phraises and words when they try to express empathy and emotion, because they don't have any.

ETA: and what's weird is I see more of that in Lee and Cindy than Casey. But we've also heard more from Lee and Cindy and it's probably stress related.

I also recently read about the Diane Downs case and found what I believe speaks to that way of thinking/speaking.

When Diane brought her kids into the ER she was quoted as having said "Do you mean the bullet missed his heart? Gee whiz!" when told one of her children didn't die from his injuries.

Downs was really concerned with calling the married man she was obsessed with at the time. Her attitude was also very suspicious because she was very calm and collected just like Casey Anthony.

She even commented to the ER nurse how embarassed she was because she was out in public with no make up on (I'm not making this up).

Additionally, Diane's ex-husband when asked if he thought she could harm the kids. He said no way, but obviously he was wrong.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/downs/index_1.html

I disagree with you. I believe both sets of parents know their child is lying. Mark Hacking's family, however, had enough honesty and integrity not to perpetuate the lies, but rather to force Mark to change his tune. They did not enable him.

The way I see it, Hacking's family put honesty and the truth ahead of "family loyalty". I find them admirable. Clearly their son Mark was an aberration. Scott Peterson was not an aberration, he was a logical consequence of an amoral upbringing.

What do you mean by "amoral upbringing"?

I disagree with you. I believe both sets of parents know their child is lying. Mark Hacking's family, however, had enough honesty and integrity not to perpetuate the lies, but rather to force Mark to change his tune. They did not enable him.

The way I see it, Hacking's family put honesty and the truth ahead of "family loyalty". I find them admirable. Clearly their son Mark was an aberration. Scott Peterson was not an aberration, he was a logical consequence of an amoral upbringing.
IIRC the Hackings did support mark at the beginning. they had no idea he was lying. Once they became aware, then they absolutely did the right thing.
I have hopes that Cindy and George will also do the right thing when the time comes. But the first step will be coming to terms with the fact that casey is lying. I will have less patience for them to come around than I did for the hackings. The reason is because the hackings never knew that Mark was a liar. No one did. SO it stands to reason that they would support him at first. But in Casey's case, she is a known liar and so their attennae should be up and tuned in.
They truly believe this is the one time that casey is going to be honest. They have to come to terms with it sooner rather than later and that is what I am watching for.
I support them as grandparents and what they are forced to endure right now due to no fault of their own. But I am holding out hope that they do want to find the REAL truth.

Whatever Mark Hackings reason was, whatever Scott Petersons reason was, whatever Casey Anthony's reason was, to all of them people are disposable. A clasic sign of a sociopath, the lies they all told also a clasic sign. One of the reasons that they tell so many lies is because their whole life is act as if.

They do not have emotions , or feel empathy they are essentially just a walking nothing, so they have to act as if. They can only gauge how others behave and they copy. They tell so many lies because it is a way of acting normal to them, they truly do not realize that people know they are lying. Although there are some really very smart sociopaths that can get away with the lies and they don't kill people.

Mark Hacking killed Lori because she was quite simply in his way, she could expose his lies so she had to go. Scott Peterson killed Laci because she was quite simply in his way, so she had to go. Casey Anthony killed Caylee because she was quite simply in her way, so she had to go. They have no respect for human life, it means nothing to them they are void of any kind of loving emotion. I really question whether or not Cindy is also sociopathic, I truly do not see where she has shown any REAL emotion for the fact Caylee is missing. I watched her in that video when she was at her door and speaking to the media. I gotta tell you that was pretty telling as to what she is like as a person.
Her baby granddaughter is missing, her daughter is in Jail and most likely killed her granddaughter and there she is smiling and smirking, pretty weird behavior. She knows Caylee is dead, she knows what that smell in her car was, and she knows that whatever happened to Caylee Casey is responsible. Yet she was busy telling people that Caylee would be there for her Birthday, that is not just denial that is plain pathological behavior.

I think the difference among them as far as Hacking goes is that Mark Hacking actually possessed a conscience. I don't think he was a sociopath. I think he was mentally tortured...felt so inadequate and unworthy as the person he really was that he had to invent something better. I don't think it was because he was narcissistic. I think it was the other extreme. He felt he wasn't good enough. For a lot of reasons, I think there was more to his actions than just wanting to get someone out of the way. I wish we could've seen some psychological evaluations.

The reason I say he had a conscience, unlike the others, is because he did confess and give details and he didn't try to get out of it. He knew he needed and deserved to be punished, and he cared enough about his family and Lori's that he didn't want to add even further to their grief and misery by dragging it out and trying to get off the hook. That's how I see him, anyway, just my own personal feeling.

He's the only one I've ever felt a tiny bit sorry for -- not that he should escape punishment in any way, but I felt sorry for him that he viewed himself as completely worthless and felt he had to invent things like having interviewed at different medical schools and having been accepted at UNC. It came to a head, a point where he couldn't keep fooling everyone, and he snapped like a twig under that realization and literally lost his mind in his panic to try to "fix" things.

I'm NOT defending him whatsoever...I just feel he is not quite in the same class as some of the others. I have no idea what could have possessed Casey to do whatever she's done with Caylee, but her demeanor is much more like Scott Peterson than the others mentioned, IMO -- arrogant, thinking she can fool everyone and involving her family in the whole mess, to boot.

Thing is, I think Peterson is actually much smarter (relatively speaking) than Casey...and look how things turned out for him. :eek: I don't see Casey getting away with anything she's done in the long run. She seems to be a pathological liar, IMO, but a pathetic one who isn't clever enough to sustain her lies and formulate any sort of plausible scenario to make this all go away, as she'd hoped to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee