WA - 9 Month Old Baby Boy Critical after Sexual Assault by Mom's Boyfriend

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Kalispell (MT) infant hospitalized in Spokane after assault

SPOKANE -- A nine-month-old baby from Kalispell, Montana is in critical condition at Sacred Heart Medical Center here in Spokane after being sexually assaulted.

The baby boy was flown by air ambulance from Kalispell to Spokane on Saturday and is being treated for a variety of abuse-related injuries including sexual assailt.

~snip~

Once at the hospital in Kalispell doctors noticed the nine-month-old boy had been raped and may have been smothered with a pillow. The boy suffered serious brain injuries.

http://www.kxly.com/global/story.asp?s=8824796

Here's yet another repeat of a story we hear time and time again. This baby boy is in the same hospital as little Kyra Wine. Both mothers put their interests above their child's. :mad:

This baby boy is in critical condition because his mom entrusted him to her new boyfriend, Shane Nickerson, 20, who volunteered to babysit while she 'slept in'!

Kalispell (MT) infant hospitalized in Spokane after assault

SPOKANE -- A nine-month-old baby from Kalispell, Montana is in critical condition at Sacred Heart Medical Center here in Spokane after being sexually assaulted.

The baby boy was flown by air ambulance from Kalispell to Spokane on Saturday and is being treated for a variety of abuse-related injuries including sexual assailt.

~snip~

Once at the hospital in Kalispell doctors noticed the nine-month-old boy had been raped and may have been smothered with a pillow. The boy suffered serious brain injuries.

http://www.kxly.com/global/story.asp?s=8824796

Here's yet another repeat of a story we hear time and time again. This baby boy is in the same hospital as little Kyra Wine. Both mothers put their interests above their child's. :mad:

This baby boy is in critical condition because his mom entrusted him to her new boyfriend, Shane Nickerson, 20, who volunteered to babysit while she 'slept in'!

From the link.... and I am so glad they have said this, I wish more of these articles would start pointing it out.

Sgt. Peterson, a detective with the Spokane Police Major Crimes unit, says that letting brand new boyfriends watch young children they are not biologically related to has proven very risky.

"I don't have the statistics but certainly a great cause of death of young children is mother's boyfriends," Sgt. Peterson said.

Now the reason that this happens so often isn't clear but it stands to reason that these new boyfriends either don't have a biological bond with these children or these kids serve as a reminder that their new girlfriend has been involved with other men in the past.

Who is the poster on WS's that has the theory that a lot of "new boyfriends" that kill/harm the children of the female involved are doing so because of a genetic predisposition to destroy "what came before". I am beginning to think maybe that poster is onto something significant. It doesn't excuse the actions of these azz-holes, but if we can understand it enough to articulate it to the masses, maybe, someone, somewhere will listen- and not let the boyfriend be alone with the child.

I am so sick and tired of reading about attacks on innocent children. Why do women leave their babies with these guys? If he was dumped by his girlfriend in July, that means the mother of the little boy hadn't been dating this guy very long...and yet she trusted him with the baby.

Nickerson does not appear to have a criminal history however on his MySpace page Nickerson noted that his mother had just passed away in May and that he was dumped by his girlfriend in July. The writings allude to his frustration and anger.

So he's frustrated and angry and the thing to do is go out and rape and smother a baby? What in the hell is wrong with people????

From the link.... and I am so glad they have said this, I wish more of these articles would start pointing it out.

I agree! My mother has spent my whole life going on about this point in every way possible. She is a bit on the paranoid side I guess- when she was dating my stepdad (then BF) she actually made him give her the phone numbers of his ex's who had daughters and called them for 'references' before letting him around my sisters and me!

Also as kids we were never allowed to sleep over at friends houses if there was any 'unrelated' man like a stepdad or moms boyfriend who lived there or was around a lot. Not until I was like 16 or so was I even allowed to spend much time at those friends houses.
I thought she was nuts at the time and most of the guys were nice I'm sure, but I have since found out things about some of them that made me very very thankful I was never around those men without another adult in the house.

Mysteriew, I did pick up on what the detective was trying to say, but I chose not to cut and paste it that part of the article, because of the way it came off. IF "Mom's new boyfriend" is biologically related her child, sounded like some hinky family dynamics might be occuring. KWIM?

Here's the perp's myspace
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=161415349

Shane's ex-girlfriend should feel very fortunate that their relationship ended last month; before they had children together and he harmed one of them.

I hope the perp gets a nice long sentence, because if that poor baby survives, he'll have a lif-long sentence. I'll be saying some prayers for him.

For the life of me, I don't know how on earth a human being can harm any other human being but an innocent little baby?!?! :banghead:

Reannan and Luv - I know what you mean!

Lorelei - Lucky you to have a mom that cared so much and kudos to your mom!

By his own account he's a fragile person?

How about this poor innocent baby?

This has happened yet again? It makes me physically ill.

Who is the poster on WS's that has the theory that a lot of "new boyfriends" that kill/harm the children of the female involved are doing so because of a genetic predisposition to destroy "what came before". I am beginning to think maybe that poster is onto something significant. It doesn't excuse the actions of these azz-holes, but if we can understand it enough to articulate it to the masses, maybe, someone, somewhere will listen- and not let the boyfriend be alone with the child.

That is a theory.

However, I don't think this to be the case here. This kid/guy was already an emotional mess if his Myspace accounts for anything. His mother recently died. His Pop's it looks like is locked up. He's obviously in love with his ex girlfriend who got out of Dodge very wisely. On her Myspace it syas they were together for five years. He's only 20.

Right there you have a ticking time bomb. Throw in an infant and a new chick and something bad is about to happen. Destroying something that came before wouldn't have to involve a sexual assault. Nor would a crying, fussy infant. Is it because these guys see the baby is loved? They feel unloved?

Or is it because they are freakin cowards who don't take out their rage on another adult? They use the weak who can't fight back. I mean that's one messed up creep that will hurt a little baby like that.:furious:

After reading his myspace it seems it should have set off some red flags to the baby's mother. Especially since he says his friends are fading away from him.

I wish someone had warned the mother of the baby. Now, that poor innocent little boy will pay for the rest of his life for his mother's mistake and the "frustrations" of some .

I'm praying for a miracle for him. It's happened before.

This man is the criminal here-Filly nailed it in saying that he is a weak cowardly ba****d because he is taking out his rage, frustration and aggravation on a baby instead of another adult. He hit something that couldn't fight back because he is pond scum. AND he violated the child to boot.

I was about to quote the same thing mysteriew, it is about time someone said it!! It's like get a clue already, don't leave your children with men you just met!!

its odd, she was asleep when this happened I would have thought the child would have screamed (unless this is where the smothering comes in) and then he wakes her up to tell her something is wrong? did he not think anyone would notice what happened? because then he didnt want to go to the hospital....

I agree! My mother has spent my whole life going on about this point in every way possible. She is a bit on the paranoid side I guess- when she was dating my stepdad (then BF) she actually made him give her the phone numbers of his ex's who had daughters and called them for 'references' before letting him around my sisters and me!

Also as kids we were never allowed to sleep over at friends houses if there was any 'unrelated' man like a stepdad or moms boyfriend who lived there or was around a lot. Not until I was like 16 or so was I even allowed to spend much time at those friends houses.
I thought she was nuts at the time and most of the guys were nice I'm sure, but I have since found out things about some of them that made me very very thankful I was never around those men without another adult in the house.

Some time back, I was in the Middle East and talking to a good friend of mine about their custom that, in the case of a divorce, the children usually go to the custody of the father and not the mother. She explained that it was believed that this was the best circumstance for the children as it kept them with their paternal lineage and protected them from potential harm from non-kin males they would otherwise be exposed to through the mother when she remarried. My friend was truly flabbergasted at the American mothers' habit of exposing their children to danger and harm with boyfriends and live-in lovers.

I hate reading these stories - how awful for that baby boy!

I am a mom and I have to tell you...no one has even babysat my son except for his grandparents (and I know that most abuse happens in the family so I made sure my husband and his sister told me everything about growing up in that house!)

Some of my friends think I am paranoid but I say bull$hit! My job as a mother is to love and protect my son and give him a fair shot at growing up 'normal'. I do not allow him to go in any of our neighbor's houses unless my husband and I can go with him. And I never let him out of my site when we are outside or at the store.

After everything we have seen on this site - do you ever really KNOW someone? OR know them well enough to leave your defenseless child with them? I think not!

Some time back, I was in the Middle East and talking to a good friend of mine about their custom that, in the case of a divorce, the children usually go to the custody of the father and not the mother. She explained that it was believed that this was the best circumstance for the children as it kept them with their paternal lineage and protected them from potential harm from non-kin males they would otherwise be exposed to through the mother when she remarried. My friend was truly flabbergasted at the American mothers' habit of exposing their children to danger and harm with boyfriends and live-in lovers.

Oh my; I just don't think I could live without my children, though. LOL; that would be enough to make me stay in a bad marriage!!!! Though I have been very lucky to have an excellent marriage and, as my mother always said, the only way to work it out is to stick it out. This seems to be happening SO much, though. Makes me glad my youngest is 16; I was always to afraid to leave them with anyone.

I have said it a million times before that these "mothers" need to be charged right along side their boyfriends.
Unpopular belief but it would stop a lot of these desperate pathetic women from putting their children in danger, but then again, most of these cows could care less about their kids to begin with.

PARENTS MUST PROTECT THEIR CHILDREN.

This is unbelievable! I have a baby boy that just turned 10 months and they are still so little and fragile and sweet....I'm physically ill right now.

I am praying for this little baby boy right now and then I'm going to wake my son from his nap and hug him tight.

:( Poor baby!

its odd, she was asleep when this happened I would have thought the child would have screamed (unless this is where the smothering comes in) and then he wakes her up to tell her something is wrong? did he not think anyone would notice what happened? because then he didnt want to go to the hospital....

I read about this over at DD. Evidently, he held a pillow over the poor babies head to prevent mom from waking. This also caused a significant brain injury as this poor baby is in very critical condition.

Karma is waiting for this idiot in the very near future. Thank God for the prison's 'totem pole justice' as they are at the bottom and will be marked for his incarceration as a baby raper.

Beware of adult content on the comments made on this site, but the article and info is good, IMO: http://www.dreamindemon.com/2008/08/12/shane-nickerson-good-boyfriend-bad-babysitter/#more-1209

Hopefully this poor baby will have some hope of a childhood and can recover. I pray that his injuries arent permanent. God Bless him. :praying:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back