Sociopathic Personalilty

Amberjack

Former Member
Reaction score
I have posted that my brilliant, wonderful sister has developed this personality....
It's very sad. She believes her lies. No responsibility comes towards her.

So...I "get" the lies, the manipulation. Casey will never tell the truth.

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

Casey:

Low self esteem
Looking for happiness from guys...Many, many relationships!
No real plan for the future
Maybe marriage, big house, easy life
Lives life through a fantasy
Can separate herself from the severity of her reality
Takes no responsibility for her actions
It's "all about Casey"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder
My heart goes out to you Amberjack, I was married to a Sociopath for over 10 yrs, then remained friends with him for 13 more, it's hard to explain this type of person to someone who has never met or been in relationship with one, It's not that I'm naive, They're "just that good" at what they do, His psychiatrist told me at one point, to get away from him, he was a "con-artist" he was good at what he did, I argued with the Psychiatrist! He is not anti-social, far from it, he's a people person, which to me, is the most dangerous, he doesn't even have to seek out who will be his next victim, he has volunteers lined up, so to speak, I'll give you an example, after our marriage ended, he moved in with a woman, which didn't last, none of his relationships ever do, he was telling me he never cared about his "live-in" lady, I asked him WHY was he living with her, if he didn't care about her? Made no sense to me? His reply?............and I quote, ........."She was Convenient"
Don't flame me, I'm a newbie LOL, If this doesn't belong here, as in, off-topic, whatever, move it, delete it, etc......... I just posted it to try to attempt to explain my perspective on Casey, and I'm with you Amberjack, She will NEVER confess to anything, the only way I ever see her admiting to anything, is that if she's given a choice of life in prison, as opposed to the death penalty, again, Like stated before, It's all about Casey, What makes this case so heart-wrenching for me, is that she was willing to hurt her own child, in order to get what she wanted, I still want to believe it was an accident/ cover-up type of thing, but I seriously have my doubts, I love all children and consider them to be our gifts from God, poor little Caylee was innocent in all of this, I hope they find this sweet little girl, and are able to prosecute the mother
Sorry, I forgot, all the above is ...........JMHO

Thank you, PERIWINKLE.....

In my mind, if I can identify the problem then I can possible solve it. It took me 40+ years to see/identify my sister's problem. All who know her believe her to be a "wonderful, social person" What they don't see is the "evil side" of her...The manipulator. Sorry, I cannot explain it. A very abusive person VERBALLY...All confrontations are redirected to others problems...away from hers. How very sad to not identify your own shortcomings.

It was 7 years ago that I said to her "Enough, If you do not want my HELP...See ya." Of course, I've received vile phone calls in which she blames me for her problems.

Boy, I see Casey Anthony having this personality.
Add alcohol/drugs and the combination is EXPLOSIVE!

People view "sociopaths/psychopaths" as being murders...Not so.
Just persons that feel the world owes them.

Look at O.J. Simpson, Scott Peterson, Joran van der Sloot, etc.

Their upbringing told them they were "better" than others
Never held accountable for their actions
Believing their lies
Relationships are a means to an end

Casey: Her "game" is exposed
She will attack those closest to her

For Periwinkle and Amberjack.:blowkiss:
Thank you for sharing your stories.
And I think you've sure got Casey pegged. It really breaks my heart that her precious little girl meant nothing to her and she even thought of her as a burden! I can't imagine! She never cherished the gift she had been given.

Too sad that her family never got some type of help before this happened.

Casey's family should have sought help before this all happened.
Cindy's removal of Casey from the house caused the "explosion"

O.J. Simpson, Scott Peterson, Joran van der Sloot

All believe themselves to be innocent

I found this somewhere on the internet. I don't know Casey but I found attributes that sound like they apply!

Profile of the Sociopath
This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

Glibness and Superficial Charm
Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.
Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as “their right.”
Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
Incapacity for Love
Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others’ feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet “gets by” by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others’ lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.
Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.
Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.
——————————————————————————–
Other Related Qualities:
Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
Authoritarian
Secretive
Paranoid
Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
Conventional appearance
Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim’s life
Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim’s affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
Incapable of real human attachment to another
Unable to feel remorse or guilt
Extreme narcissism and grandiose
May state readily that their goal is to rule the world
(The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.)

Wow, the more I look at this! Look at how many apply!!! This Casey is seriously a number one candidate. I'd love to hear her 'friends' discuss this list.

I hate to admit this, but a very close family member fits the above descriptions as does an X husband - yes, they are sociopaths IMO. They are both so convincing, manipulative and very good at what they do.

Because I have been closely associated with these types of people, I can see why Casey's parents are reacting they way they are.

I know my X-husband, who had blue eyes, could stand there and convince me that his eyes were really brown and by the time he was "done with me", he would have me believing they were brown!

In my mind, if I can identify the problem then I can possible solve it. It took me 40+ years to see/identify my sister's problem. All who know her believe her to be a "wonderful, social person" What they don't see is the "evil side" of her...The manipulator. Sorry, I cannot explain it. A very abusive person VERBALLY...All confrontations are redirected to others problems...away from hers. How very sad to not identify your own shortcomings.

It was 7 years ago that I said to her "Enough, If you do not want my HELP...See ya." Of course, I've received vile phone calls in which she blames me for her problems.

This is my MOTHER...she is a textbook sociopath! As an only child and she a single parent (not surprising!), she always made me feel responsible for EVERTHING that went wrong in her life--since I was conceived! She kept me under her thumb with emotional blackmail and verbal abuse. Firtunately for me, I had some really great mentors, who helped me to see the light, and I FINALLY cut all ties with her at the age of 32. Never been happier since! I still get the miserable letter every now and again, but I just put them in the trash. It's really the only way to deal with them...to distance yourself--physically and emotionally. They can never be "cured" since there is no specific medication, and they don't think there is anything wrong with them--quite the vicious cycle!

....And never once an apology, explanation for their behavior!
It's "everyone else's" fault.

This is my MOTHER...she is a textbook sociopath! As an only child and she a single parent (not surprising!), she always made me feel responsible for EVERTHING that went wrong in her life--since I was conceived! She kept me under her thumb with emotional blackmail and verbal abuse. Firtunately for me, I had some really great mentors, who helped me to see the light, and I FINALLY cut all ties with her at the age of 32. Never been happier since! I still get the miserable letter every now and again, but I just put them in the trash. It's really the only way to deal with them...to distance yourself--physically and emotionally. They can never be "cured" since there is no specific medication, and they don't think there is anything wrong with them--quite the vicious cycle!

I so relate to your story! :( My mother past in 2005 and her last wish was "for no one to tell me". So she tried to get to me right up to her last breath!

My fondest wishes to those of you dealing, or having dealt with, loved ones with Mental Health (MH) issues - Keep strong!

My own opinion, and in my experience, is that many people with MH issues, (as well as those with substance misuse issues - and often these two things go hand in hand, this is called dual diagnosis...), are often very selfish and everyone and everything has to revolve around them - They draw others into their problems, with them at the centre, and never take responsibility for, or are honest about, their own issues which have gotten them into the sorry state that they are in, a la Casey!

As a side point, there is so much information on this thread, I have missed something, and that was why did Casey take Caylee away from her grandparents (where she was at least safe for the first three years of her life) - what reasons have Casey and Cindy given, that seem plausible...?

My heart goes out to you Amberjack, I was married to a Sociopath for over 10 yrs, then remained friends with him for 13 more, it's hard to explain this type of person to someone who has never met or been in relationship with one, It's not that I'm naive, They're "just that good" at what they do, His psychiatrist told me at one point, to get away from him, he was a "con-artist" he was good at what he did, I argued with the Psychiatrist! He is not anti-social, far from it, he's a people person, which to me, is the most dangerous, he doesn't even have to seek out who will be his next victim, he has volunteers lined up, so to speak, I'll give you an example, after our marriage ended, he moved in with a woman, which didn't last, none of his relationships ever do, he was telling me he never cared about his "live-in" lady, I asked him WHY was he living with her, if he didn't care about her? Made no sense to me? His reply?............and I quote, ........."She was Convenient"
Don't flame me, I'm a newbie LOL, If this doesn't belong here, as in, off-topic, whatever, move it, delete it, etc......... I just posted it to try to attempt to explain my perspective on Casey, and I'm with you Amberjack, She will NEVER confess to anything, the only way I ever see her admiting to anything, is that if she's given a choice of life in prison, as opposed to the death penalty, again, Like stated before, It's all about Casey, What makes this case so heart-wrenching for me, is that she was willing to hurt her own child, in order to get what she wanted, I still want to believe it was an accident/ cover-up type of thing, but I seriously have my doubts, I love all children and consider them to be our gifts from God, poor little Caylee was innocent in all of this, I hope they find this sweet little girl, and are able to prosecute the mother
Sorry, I forgot, all the above is ...........JMHO

Periwinkle, good post and you are absolutely right...:clap:
Thanks so much..........and WELCOME TO WS~delighted to have you here and hope you'll be posting more.
We need this kind of real life stories.

xxxxxxxxxxoooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

why did Casey take Caylee away from her grandparents (where she was at least safe for the first three years of her life) - what reasons have Casey and Cindy given, that seem plausible...?

I'm not sure about the source, but I thought Cindy wanted custody of Caylee. If Casey wanted to party and be free, why not hand the baby over to Cindy?

Amberjack.....meant to answer your post too. They're charming aren't they. Everything bad that happen's is never their fault. I know that personality. I'm so dang sorry it was your sister, thank God my sister's normal. Wondering now when she's going to give Casey a psychiatric exam........
Anyone know?

xxxxxxxxxxoooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

My fondest wishes to those of you dealing, or having dealt with, loved ones with Mental Health (MH) issues - Keep strong!

My own opinion, and in my experience, is that many people with MH issues, (as well as those with substance misuse issues - and often these two things go hand in hand, this is called dual diagnosis...), are often very selfish and everyone and everything has to revolve around them - They draw others into their problems, with them at the centre, and never take responsibility for, or are honest about, their own issues which have gotten them into the sorry state that they are in, a la Casey!

As a side point, there is so much information on this thread, I have missed something, and that was why did Casey take Caylee away from her grandparents (where she was at least safe for the first three years of her life) - what reasons have Casey and Cindy given, that seem plausible...?

I remember Cindy saying that Casey left for a vacation/break to bond with Caylee. One interesting thing to note (explains some of the dynamics in their mother/daughter relationship, perhaps?) is that when Caylee was born the doctors handed the baby to Cindy not Casey and supposedly Casey resented this. Cindy is an RN and may know the doctors? I'm not sure.

I so relate to your story! :( My mother past in 2005 and her last wish was "for no one to tell me". So she tried to get to me right up to her last breath!

Hugs Patty! Sounds like we could be sisters, but mine is still living just pretending none of us exist except the golden child mentally ill people are usually bright

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back