Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is an unsupported theory..
By definition aren't all theories basically unsupported.

In common usage, the word theory is often used to signify a conjecture, an opinion, a speculation, or a hypothesis. In this usage, a theory is not necessarily based on facts; in other words, it is not required to be consistent with true descriptions of reality. True descriptions of reality are more reflectively understood as statements which would be true independently of what people think about them.

LOL! Got me on that one. Okay, I had a bad feeling about Padilla since the first time I saw him preening and combing his hair before the non presser.

There, you happy! :dance:

Heh. OCSD Padilla isn't the problem, IMO: if you get the chance, read the book Hush Little Babies about the Darlie Routier case. It has some interesting details about how sherriff's spokesmen have to act and what investigators really don't share with them for their own protection in dealing with the media.

It's very interesting, even if you happen to be a skeptic. It's the first time I've ever been able to follow along with a chart. And I've tried for years.

She explains it in a way we can understand too!

what is an unsupported theory..

Something conclusory. A conclusion without any explanation at all for how the conclusion was arrived at.

Example: Something's fishy about the bounty hunter Padilla having the same last name as LE guy Padilla. Why fishy? I'm not telling. That's why.

Sign me up - I'm on the "she won't get out" bandwagon. One of the things the bondsman (I think) has to do is notify (formally) the Orange County Sherriff's Department. Funny to notify the press you're bailing someone out of jail, but "weird" that if you've done this before, you're not formally letting the OCSD know about it. I read on WFTV today that the OCSD says they know nothing about it, and there are "conditions" to be met. I thought though that the only "conditions" were the monitoring....

AND he told the press "I'll be with her all the time, we'll probably stay at her parents house". But when asked by the press, the Anthony's knew nothing about it?
Big, big, publicity stunt. Can we all agree together to never watch this guys TV show? (I didn't even know he had one until yesterday).

Maybe Pluto is the puppy of the phantom nanny! The one Cindy was chirping about Caylee talking about!

Heh. OCSD Padilla isn't the problem, IMO: if you get the chance, read the book Hush Little Babies about the Darlier Routier case. It has some interesting details about how sherriff's spokesmen have to act and what investigators really don't share with them for their own protection in dealing with the media.
I'm not buying that. sorry. I gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time I saw him..... then the second time..... nah!

The puzzle is starting to come together, and it does involve last names. JMO. Why on earth would some post half a million to get a woman, who is possibly guilty, out of jail?

Makes no sense! :doh:

I also have a different reasoning about the "charges", unless we hear formally of more evidence being found or that a GJ has been convened. I think they will use an obstruction of justice charge to keep her jail in if they can and if they aren't ready for more serious charges. The current charge is only for false statements: with an obstruction charge that can deny bail, I think, under current FL law.
I so hope you're right about additional charges! Isn't the deadline for formally filing the current ones 8/21?

AND he told the press "I'll be with her all the time, we'll probably stay at her parents house". But when asked by the press, the Anthony's knew nothing about it?
Big, big, publicity stunt. Can we all agree together to never watch this guys TV show? (I didn't even know he had one until yesterday).

Yeah, this stinketh, don't it ? :) If he was all that world-famous, how come I ain't never seen him? Only famous bounty guy I know of is that blonde big guy..."Dawg"

If Padilla has to stay with Casey at George and Cindys house......I hope he's a smoker! :D

I so hope you're right about additional charges! Isn't the deadline for formally filing the current ones 8/21?
That's the arraingment. She can walk Monday. Out of jail so the Padilla gang can get more information from her. JMO. What they will do with more information than LE has, I don't know.

I'm not buying that. sorry. I gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time I saw him..... then the second time..... nah!

The puzzle is starting to come together, and it does involve last names. JMO. Why on earth would some post half a million to get a woman, who is possibly guilty, out of jail?

One word: notoriety. Even if they can't do it (and I think it possible that they won't be able to follow thru, not because of money) look how many people now know the name "Leonard Padilla".

It makes perfect sense! His nephew isn't actually putting up the 500,000K, he's just promising to pay it if she doesn't show up for court. Cowboy Padilla is always pulling stunts for publicity...running for governor, running for mayor...He's getting just what he wants. Had you ever heard of the "world-famous bounty hunter" before yesterday?

By definition aren't all theories basically unsupported.

In common usage, the word theory is often used to signify a conjecture, an opinion, a speculation, or a hypothesis. In this usage, a theory is not necessarily based on facts; in other words, it is not required to be consistent with true descriptions of reality. True descriptions of reality are more reflectively understood as statements which would be true independently of what people think about them.
this was my point. to express ones opinion without fear of being banned.

Yes 5 more days.
So maybe the idea is with the bail agent that she'll be freed anyway, such as the charges will be dropped? I don't think that is going to happen! Nothing makes much sense with this other than them inserting themselves into the case for publicity.

It makes perfect sense! His nephew isn't actually putting up the 500,000K, he's just promising to pay it if she doesn't show up for court. Cowboy Padilla is always pulling stunts for publicity...running for governor, running for mayor...He's getting just what he wants. Had you ever heard of the "world-famous bounty hunter" before yesterday?

The talking heads were saying today that someone has to put up the 50,000, I wonder who will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288