Where did the money go?

CASuzk

Reaction score
If this has been covered before, please point me in the right direction.
Casey took around $4500.00 from Cindy's cc, $700.00 from a friend.

What did she spend it on? Her clothes don't seem expensive, the guy she was staying with didn't seem to be charging her, she has not traveled, she didn't pay rent and her gas was "free", so where did all the money go?
Has she ever said?

We don't know but it would be very interesting to learn what the credit card receipts show....

Most interesting is to see whether she EVER spent any money on items that would have been for Caylee..... clothes, toys, food. When does she stop buying anything for Caylee?

add to that...diapers or pull-ups?

And surely the credit card transactions are and have been available.

Very good questions indeed and something that's been on my mind too. I'm not sure of the exact amount charged to Cindy's credit card(s) though, but would like to know what dates the transactions were and for what ~ such as anything for Caylee? I can't see why though since it seems Cindy would've paid for those things if necessary. I've also wondered if the credit card transactions were for purchases or cash withdrawls with a PIN #?

Several things come to mind..at first I thought cash advance but then I thought would Casey know her mom's pin number? Maybe..maybe not. My second thought was did she use the cash assuming it was an advance to pay someone to "help" her. By help it could be several things. IDK really. I just don't think Casey went shopping on her moms card.

If she truly has/had a drug habit, the purchases could have been for items that were ultimately returned for cash.

What did she spend it on? Her clothes don't seem expensive, the guy she was staying with didn't seem to be charging her, she has not traveled, she didn't pay rent and her gas was "free", so where did all the money go?
Has she ever said?

I don't know where the $ amount came from. But there is nothing as of yet that I have seen that she charged that much. Also, did Amy press charges for the $700? If not then there isn't any proof of that either.

If she truly has/had a drug habit, the purchases could have been for items that were ultimately returned for cash.

Anytime I have purchased something, used a card, and later returned it they ALWAYS tell me they have to issue the credit on the card. The only exception was once I had the original receipt for someone else and it was my daughters b-day present..they issued me a "gift card" for that store".

Also, did Amy press charges for the $700? If not then there isn't any proof of that either.

No charges that we know of thus far, but I suspect it's most likely true being that it's listed in the affidavit.
*Amy claim's the defendant stole some checks and apx 700.oo dollars.
http://ocso.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=MediaRelations%2f07.24.08_affidavit.pdf&tabid=547&mid=1935
I believe Amy could be in trouble making false claims. I suspect what is listed in the affidavit is factual. jmo.

LE may be trying to get Amy to press charges although at this point she may just want to stay the heck out of it lol.

I have looked around and searched for a clear and simple reference to the money that Cindy claims she stole from her. Several other people here, too, have done the same.
Their is no clear reference or declaration as to where the money was taken from- bank or CC or a dollar amount, really anywhere that I can find.
I think there are a couple of possibilities: 1. It was a baseless claim made by Cindy. Even though LE virtually pleaded with them to file a complaint, the Anthony's did not do that, so I don't know if it is because it was another of what Cindy calls "mistruths" or if they just don't want to file charges. 2. The money was taken from Cindy's parents- Casey's grandparents, and they are not pursuing it at this time, either. I think this is plausible.
If anybody finds out differently, please let us know.

If she was already using her mothers credit card, why the heck did she have to steal from her good friend Amy also? She had to know that it would not take Amy long to figure out what she had done and with everything going on you would think she would want to keep her friend!

VB

Casey had to have been using a CC or some sort of Cindy Anthonys money. Certainly after a point Cindy may have called in and had the cards Casey was using shut-down. That would leave Casey needing money.

The reason I say I am fairly certain that Casey was using Cindy's money at some point is
1) The 911 call, she says Casey stole money and Cindy says she has affidavits from her bank.
2) Cindy is on a news clip CYNTHIA ANTHONY: I don't know. I mean, they had receipts that could have traced my daughter's last actions for the last month. They didn't want them http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,393262,00.html

I think we can be fairly certain because of the arrest affidavit, that Casey indeed stole money from Amy. I think we can be fairly certain Casey also stole money from her mother during the time she was gone, as Cindy thought the reciepts could help trace Casey's actions for the last month. I think Cindy prob'y cut off the cards in hopes that no money would cause Casey to come home with Caylee. jmo of course.

If she was already using her mothers credit card, why the heck did she have to steal from her good friend Amy also? She had to know that it would not take Amy long to figure out what she had done and with everything going on you would think she would want to keep her friend!

VB

I don't think Casey cared too much about what Amy thought. Wasn't there a post on Myspace or Facebook that said that Casey had stole money from Amy before Amy's trip and then Casey told Amy that she (Amy) got up during the middle of the night and put the money away... I guess Amy believed her and left it at that.

she may not have been able to return items, but could have exchanged purchased items for money, or in place of money. also we discussed in other threads by tracing credit transactions they could inquire about transaction location videos, survelience recordings. Either she stole money or was involved with shady dealings. She obviously spent money, life cost money.

Anytime I have purchased something, used a card, and later returned it they ALWAYS tell me they have to issue the credit on the card. The only exception was once I had the original receipt for someone else and it was my daughters b-day present..they issued me a "gift card" for that store".

Has she ever said?

OMG!
I know about the $700 that Casey allegedly stole from Amy. (No charges filed YET.)
Where's the link/source about the $4,500.00?
I must have missed that somewhere.
How could it be?!?!?

she may not have been able to return items, but could have exchanged purchased items for money, or in place of money. also we discussed in other threads by tracing credit transactions they could inquire about transaction location videos, survelience recordings. Either she stole money or was involved with shady dealings. She obviously spent money, life cost money.

I can't say I follow you on that one..if she returned items that were charged the store 99% of the time WOULD NOT give her cash back. The returned items are credited back to the credit card in which they were purchased. No doubt she spent money..probably cash advances taken out on the card or she outright charged what she needed.

I think Casey could easily have spent Amy's first round of stolen money during a couple of weeks and don't know how much she stole from Cindy except the myspace entry said lots of money stolen. If Casey wasn't addicted to something expensive like cocaine, then I think she has some money socked away somewhere and she was hoping to get away later if charged.

I can't say I follow you on that one..if she returned items that were charged the store 99% of the time WOULD NOT give her cash back. The returned items are credited back to the credit card in which they were purchased. No doubt she spent money..probably cash advances taken out on the card or she outright charged what she needed.

I remember being short on cash a few times and my girlfriend would give me cash and I'd put gas in her car or pay her cell bill with my card. The bad thing about this thought is I cannot find where Casey actually had any true good long term friends.

I remember being short on cash a few times and my girlfriend would give me cash and I'd put gas in her car or pay her cell bill with my card. The bad thing about this thought is I cannot find where Casey actually had any true good long term friends.

I could see Casey doing that, using her mothers credit card to fill up a friends car and them giving her the cash. At the price of gas now, it could have been 70-80 dollars a time easy!

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back