70 Year Old Gives Birth to Twins

luvbeaches

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is so strange.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eased-male-heir-declares-daughter-burden.html

World's oldest mother, 70, is pleased at male heir but declares daughter 'a burden'

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 5:23 PM on 16th August 2008

The world's oldest mum, who gave birth to twins at 70 after IVF, proudly showed off her son, then admitted: 'Now I've got another daughter to feed too.'

Omkari Panwar, and her husband Charan Singh Panwar, 77, underwent IVF all for the sake of producing a male heir to take over the family's smallholdings.

The elderly Indian couple, who already have two daughters in their thirties, and five grandchildren, are near destitute after mortgaging their land, selling their buffalo and taking out a loan for the £4,400 fertility treatment.

But Charan insists the cost was worthwhile, after he became a laughing stock in his village because he had no son to carry on the family name.

'I've finally got what I wanted and I can die a happy man now,' said Charan.

'My wife will look after the babies when I am gone, and after she dies my other daughters will care for them.'

This is so strange.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eased-male-heir-declares-daughter-burden.html

World's oldest mother, 70, is pleased at male heir but declares daughter 'a burden'

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 5:23 PM on 16th August 2008

The world's oldest mum, who gave birth to twins at 70 after IVF, proudly showed off her son, then admitted: 'Now I've got another daughter to feed too.'

Omkari Panwar, and her husband Charan Singh Panwar, 77, underwent IVF all for the sake of producing a male heir to take over the family's smallholdings.

The elderly Indian couple, who already have two daughters in their thirties, and five grandchildren, are near destitute after mortgaging their land, selling their buffalo and taking out a loan for the £4,400 fertility treatment.

But Charan insists the cost was worthwhile, after he became a laughing stock in his village because he had no son to carry on the family name.

'I've finally got what I wanted and I can die a happy man now,' said Charan.

'My wife will look after the babies when I am gone, and after she dies my other daughters will care for them.'

Jeez, giving birth at that age just ASTOUNDS me...Who would even want to? hmmmm that could be a poll here....who at that age if given pregnancy would actually CHOOSE to do so....
Surely NOT me....
I am very DISGUSTED that this woman of age 70, would decide to undergo IVF only to be disappointed by a FEMALE child...I can understand wanting a child of a certain sex...Out of my two biological and two stepkids, they are ALL girls...sure I always hoped for a boy but you take what you get, IMO.
This 70 yr old should be PROUD she was able to concieve at ALL...what would she have done had they BOTH been females?

I fear for the daughter... with hardly any money left, they'll neglect this poor baby to death because they don't want her... sad... very, very sad...

It is horribly sad for the daughter. We can only hope she survives. And I hate to say this, but there is something about a 70 year old giving birth that is....well.... um....gross!!!:puke:

What a selfish view these people have. They're not only speaking of their daughter as a burden, but they're leaving their son with a tiny chunk of land and an outlandish mortgage...not to mention the fact that they're not likely to be around that much longer, leaving their daughters to care for their new babies. Honestly, with the way the mother spoke of her newborn daughter, that may be for the best.
It's unbelievable that there are still places in which a girl cannot even inherit a piece of land when her parents pass on. What happens to the land if a male heir is never born?

That lady looks really good for being a new mom at 70, though.

19-20 years past menopause, nope, not possible even with hormone replacement. How is going to feed them? Formula is terribly expensive and at her age, her breasts are like two empty socks with a marble in the end. There is more this story. You can't restart an old uterus.

19-20 years past menopause, nope, not possible even with hormone replacement. How is going to feed them? Formula is terribly expensive and at her age, her breasts are like two empty socks with a marble in the end. There is more this story. You can't restart an old uterus.

You can't restart the ovaries, because menopause means all eggs from the ovaries are gone... the uterus is just a holding room for growth, and with IVF treatment, it can still act as such as long as the person is in viable health and receptive to the meds to achieve a successful pregnancy. Being as her body did go through a pregnancy, I can imagine that that the hormones that allowed her to stay pregnant will also allow her to produce milk. If not, a dr could put her on hormonal meds to help her lactate.

I'll take the little girl off her hands.

Sheesh!

That's a bizarre story for sure. Poor little girl. I just wonder why these people didn't try to have a boy by IVF years ago. Why wait until mom is 70?

If they did indeed use IVF they had to get some doctor to go along with this.
How ethical is that?

The mother appears to have a long-standing heartbreak over the loss of a son. I think these people needed counseling, not fertility treatment and IVF.

Quoting from the link above:
" Omkari suffered a personal heartbreak more than 40 years ago as a much younger woman, when she miscarried a baby boy.
'For more than 40 years I have thought God did not think I was fit to produce a boy,' she said. 'But fate works in funny ways. It must have been meant to be that I waited all this time."

:banghead:

kinda OT but I wonder how old the oldest woman was that gave birth without any type of fertility treatment.

kinda OT but I wonder how old the oldest woman was that gave birth without any type of fertility treatment.

Here's some information....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy_over_age_50

1999: Aracelia Garcia of Sunnyside, Washington astounded doctors when she naturally conceived (without hormonal treatment) all-female triplets in 1999 at the age of 54. She delivered three healthy girls Arianna, Brianna and CeCelia by Caesarean section in January of 2000.

1987: Kathleen Campbell of Kimberley, Nottinghamshire gave birth to a son in 1987 at the age of 55, having conceived naturally.

1997: Dawn Brooke of Guernsey gave birth to a son by caesarian section on August 20, 1997, at the age of 59. She became pregnant unexpectedly, initially mistaking the symptoms she experienced for cancer, and is the oldest mother currently known to have conceived naturally. It has been speculated that the hormone replacement therapy which Brooke had may have contributed to her ability to ovulate past menopause.

How awful for that poor little baby girl! And how is it going to be for that child growing up knowing her parents only wanted her brother? I can imagine how differently they will be treated. So sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back