Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received information from a VERY reliable source. I wasnt able to talk to this source long enough to get any details yet, so I am hoping locals on here may be able to help. But word is that the road was blocked off this morning, in front of Placker's house (where they just moved from). I thought I understood it was blocked off last night too, and a password was having to be used to get through. Does anyone know why this happened, or how far the road was blocked off? or for how long? Is there anyone on this forum that may have driven through there, or past there, and can clue us in a little?

Could they be searching the Placker house and grounds now that they've moved out?

Could they be searching the Placker house and grounds now that they've moved out?

YellowDog,
That is what I was thinking also. But, wouldn't a lot of potential evidence have been diluted due to the time factor between the crime and the search? Maybe they are looking for bullets that may have been discharged at a different time? Hopefully, time will tell............

All right, regarding the small caliber bullets. My memory was correct. The autopsy describes them as copper coated. The medium caliber ones are described as copper jacketed. That's an important distinction. The only bullets that are commonly copper coated are 22 caliber rimfire rounds. 223 and 25 auto rounds are copper jacketed. That would eliminate an AR-15 or M-16 or any other 223 semi-auto as one of the weapons.

Bargle you seem to know something about firearms like myself. The smaller caliber weapon used in the murders has to be a 22 caliber weapon because the entrance wounds are so small. I just said .223 type of bullets to compare bullet sizes to entrance wounds. I have leaned toward a 22 rimfire from the beginning and if what you way is correct about 22 rimfire being copper coated as the autopsy says, then that would support my assumption. Why do you think alot of the entrance wounds are .5 cm but a few are smaller . 3 cm and .4 cm and a few are larger .6 cm? Why the inconsistency? I know the autopsy report says both small and medium size bullets or fragments were found in Skyla but there isn't that much difference between .3 and .5 cm to say one is small and one is medium! They are both small in my opinion.

YellowDog,
That is what I was thinking also. But, wouldn't a lot of potential evidence have been diluted due to the time factor between the crime and the search? Maybe they are looking for bullets that may have been discharged at a different time? Hopefully, time will tell............

I was thinking they might be looking for any small clue that could have been left behind even in the girls playhouse or going through the trash if it's still there.

All right, regarding the small caliber bullets. My memory was correct. The autopsy describes them as copper coated. The medium caliber ones are described as copper jacketed. That's an important distinction. The only bullets that are commonly copper coated are 22 caliber rimfire rounds. 223 and 25 auto rounds are copper jacketed. That would eliminate an AR-15 or M-16 or any other 223 semi-auto as one of the weapons.

It sure seems likely the small caliber weapon is a 22. I think it is unlikely an adult tough is carrying a 22 around. The guy with the smaller gun also seems to be the lead attacker.

I know if I was a shady character constantly around other shady characters I would be carrying a cannon. Big guns stop big game.

Hi Frog~
WOW. If this is true, I wonder what it could mean? Please keep us updated.

Flossie:blowkiss:

I am hoping that a local from the area can keep us updated. All I know is my source knows someone who encountered the situation. And my source is very trustworthy, not someone who blows smoke and loves rumors. So maybe someone will tell us something.

Locals where are you????

It appears that may be the reason. But not sure. Just sure that LE was there, possibly FBI. Suits... very distinguished looking.

Had to have a password to go through. This way they could sort out the locals who are coming and going, from someone who didnt have any need to be there.

It appears that may be the reason. But not sure. Just sure that LE was there, possibly FBI. Suits... very distinguished looking.

Had to have a password to go through. This way they could sort out the locals who are coming and going, from someone who didnt have any need to be there.

This is exciting news, Frog. Maybe they're onto something. Could we possibly get some new news on this case soon?

I did some searching for info about bullet wounds and autopsies.

"Forensic pathologists commonly describe bullets as small (.22, .25), medium (.32, .38, 9 mm), or large (.40, .45, .50) caliber, based on a measurement of the bullet's diameter."

Apparently it is also very difficult to determine the caliber of a bullet from the size of the entrance wound. A lot of variables one of which is the elastictity of the skin. Entrance wounds on younger people tend to be smaller than those on an older person because of skin elasticity.

I did some searching for info about bullet wounds and autopsies.

"Forensic pathologists commonly describe bullets as small (.22, .25), medium (.32, .38, 9 mm), or large (.40, .45, .50) caliber, based on a measurement of the bullet's diameter."

Apparently it is also very difficult to determine the caliber of a bullet from the size of the entrance wound. A lot of variables one of which is the elastictity of the skin. Entrance wounds on younger people tend to be smaller than those on an older person because of skin elasticity.

That's interesting. So they can't really tell the exact caliber by the entry wounds----only approximately.

My assumption has always been that the Placker home and property had already been searched when they took in the computer way back in June.

Maybe something occurred there after the Placker's had moved out, or they received a 'tip' about something that may still be there????

Since Sheza & Missing Sarah live there in Weleetka I would assume they would have heard about this new development by now and maybe will be posting what they've heard, or seen.

Tulsa Word, Aug 18th

WELEETKA — More than three dozen guns from the Weleetka area were test fired over the weekend as authorities worked to narrow their leads into the June 8 slayings of two girls north of town.

Jessica Brown, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, said some 60 letters were sent out to registered owners of .40-caliber handguns, asking them to voluntarily submit their weapons for testing on Saturday and Sunday at the Okfuskee County Courthouse at Okemah.

Brown said 40 of those owners showed up with their guns, which were fired outside the courthouse.

She said about five owners contacted the OSBI to say they no longer owned the weapons, although they did provide the names of the new owners.

“We’ll be checking on them,” Brown said, as well as the 15 or so registered gun owners who did not show up for the test firings.

The fact that the OSBI is looking for a .40-cailber handgun is the newest revelation into the murders of Skyla Jade Whitaker, 11, and Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13.

Both were shot several times and left for dead on County Line Road, about four miles northeast of Weleetka.

Two guns were used in the killings, though authorities never would identify the caliber used, until now.

Brown would not identify the other caliber of bullet which was used in the slayings.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080818_1__WELEE32641

Tulsa Word, Aug 18th

WELEETKA — More than three dozen guns from the Weleetka area were test fired over the weekend as authorities worked to narrow their leads into the June 8 slayings of two girls north of town.

Jessica Brown, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, said some 60 letters were sent out to registered owners of .40-caliber handguns, asking them to voluntarily submit their weapons for testing on Saturday and Sunday at the Okfuskee County Courthouse at Okemah.

Brown said 40 of those owners showed up with their guns, which were fired outside the courthouse.

She said about five owners contacted the OSBI to say they no longer owned the weapons, although they did provide the names of the new owners.

“We’ll be checking on them,” Brown said, as well as the 15 or so registered gun owners who did not show up for the test firings.

The fact that the OSBI is looking for a .40-cailber handgun is the newest revelation into the murders of Skyla Jade Whitaker, 11, and Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13.

Both were shot several times and left for dead on County Line Road, about four miles northeast of Weleetka.

Two guns were used in the killings, though authorities never would identify the caliber used, until now.

Brown would not identify the other caliber of bullet which was used in the slayings.

Well, Manny Gamallo sure mislead with the heading of that article...........sounds like they were referring to guns used in the killings :rolleyes:

He could have said "Authorities investigating girl's slayings test fire guns"

FYI, Manny Gamallo is the staff writer at Tulsa World who did this article. I looked up his other articles and it looks like he's been staying with this.

I sent him an email thanking him for doing these follow up articles.

His email is manny.gamallo@tulsaworld.com

Tulsa Word, Aug 18th

I guess they are using the process of elimination on these guns. If a person doesn't show up and they don't find the gun from the ones who do, will they insist on the remaining ones bringing in their guns or can they do that without taking legal action?

FYI, Manny Gamallo is the staff writer at Tulsa World who did this article. I looked up his other articles and it looks like he's been staying with this.

I sent him an email thanking him for doing these follow up articles.

His email is manny.gamallo@tulsaworld.com
He's also the one who was on Greta's show and was so vague I think it turned Greta off :)

I guess they are using the process of elimination on these guns. If a person doesn't show up and they don't find the gun from the ones who do, will they insist on the remaining ones bringing in their guns or can they do that without taking legal action?

Yellow, good question. Not sure if they have any authority in that regard or if it would just be following up with requests or talking to people.

I'm just grateful that someone is doing follow up stories.
A reporter reports what he's told to report on.

I, myself would like to see a local reporter reporting from the scene, not from a newsroom keyboard.

Maybe they are in the Placker house fingerprinting items in Taylor's room. Perhaps they had reason to believe someone who didn't belong there had broken in? Or been in there before the shootings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow