Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my Henryetta sources tells me there is a new cross. I dont know if it is up yet or not, but I bet it is. If not, it will be soon.:woohoo:

Aww, that makes me feel better. Poor little thing, let her rest in peace.

Hi Getsmart~
I am betting that the gun may not have been cleaned. Only because the crime seems to have been from a "disorganized killer". That means that usually they are not that smart, and they act out spontaneously. With that being said maybe they will not have thought about the necessity of cleaning the gun. But the bottom line is, this case is so bizarre that who knows what the killer(s) were thinking. I just hope that a break in the case comes soon.

Can someone answer this since I am not an expert on guns, how would they clean a gun, and why would it be important? Also, if they did clean it, would OSBI know? What if the gun was fired by daddy after the fact? How would that affect it?

One of my Henryetta sources tells me there is a new cross. I dont know if it is up yet or not, but I bet it is. If not, it will be soon.:woohoo:
Good, because this one in photo was mis-spelled as "SHYLA"

oqd5hd.jpg

I just had a thought - some of you may have already brought this up but in case you didn't - do you all remember the missing Eisenberg baby years ago - they suspected the parents - they bugged their house - ultimately I believe they tried to make something out of the faulty recording and never convicted the parents of any wrongdoing - my point is - do you think it is possible that they did the same thing in the Plackers house - planted a bug to listen to the conversation they have had over the last few months? I am not sure what made me think of this but if they knew of anything shady going on they would probably have discussed it over time - surely technology has improved over the years and they would have gotten a better recording - Like I said, just a thought.

Can someone answer this since I am not an expert on guns, how would they clean a gun, and why would it be important? Also, if they did clean it, would OSBI know? What if the gun was fired by daddy after the fact? How would that affect it?

Well they can clean the gun for fingerprints by just wiping it off real good but even if they clean out the barrel the testing will still show a match in the test firing. Also, they have chemicals that will reveal blood that has been wiped off. You would probably have to disassemble a firearm to clean it well enough with some strong chemicals to keep it from showing blood that had been splattered on it. The barrel of a firearms is "rifled" meaning it has grooves in it that will make the bullet spin when fired. I'm not an expert on it but it is my understanding that the marks on a fired round is much like a fingerprint. Every firearm creates unique marks on the bullets when it goes through the barrel. Also, unique marks are created on the cases from the powder and even from the way the bullet is ejected from the chamber. This is very solid evidence in a court and has been around for many years. It would be real easy to tell that a firearm had been cleaned. Even an novice could look down the barrel of a firearm (unloaded of course!) with a light and tell if the firearm was clean or dirty. But this will have no effect on the test! It would be like washing your hands before having your fingerprints taken!

I only read the other forum - you couldn't pay me to post there but someone said the road blocks mentioned were to catch drunk drivers???? Am I wrong but I was under the impression this was way out on a country road. I have never heard of LE setting up such a situation on an isolated area. I would think they would want to catch people on busy, highly traveled roads- where they would pose the most danger. And this happens to be out by all of these interesting people's homes? I wouldn't buy that excuse for a road block. IMO

Well they can clean the gun for fingerprints by just wiping it off real good but even if they clean out the barrel the testing will still show a match in the test firing. Also, they have chemicals that will reveal blood that has been wiped off. You would probably have to disassemble a firearm to clean it well enough with some strong chemicals to keep it from showing blood that had been splattered on it. The barrel of a firearms is "rifled" meaning it has grooves in it that will make the bullet spin when fired. I'm not an expert on it but it is my understanding that the marks on a fired round is much like a fingerprint. Every firearm creates unique marks on the bullets when it goes through the barrel. Also, unique marks are created on the cases from the powder and even from the way the bullet is ejected from the chamber. This is very solid evidence in a court and has been around for many years. It would be real easy to tell that a firearm had been cleaned. Even an novice could look down the barrel of a firearm (unloaded of course!) with a light and tell if the firearm was clean or dirty. But this will have no effect on the test! It would be like washing your hands before having your fingerprints taken!
Thank you for the explanation. It helps someone like myself who has not been around guns and has no clue.

I only read the other forum - you couldn't pay me to post there but someone said the road blocks mentioned were to catch drunk drivers???? Am I wrong but I was under the impression this was way out on a country road. I have never heard of LE setting up such a situation on an isolated area. I would think they would want to catch people on busy, highly traveled roads- where they would pose the most danger. And this happens to be out by all of these interesting people's homes? I wouldn't buy that excuse for a road block. IMO

No one is buying it. That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard of.

Let's hope the new one is not misspelled as well. I would hate for that to happen.
I think it was just a matter of someone in the beginning being a good soul and made the crosses quickly to honor the children and wasn't familar with the name Skyla.

No one is buying it. That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard of.

I agree Lauren - it was stated that it was reported in the local newspaper. Do you have a way of checking that? I have no idea what their newspaper is called. I am sure you could do it much faster than me.

I think it was just a matter of someone in the beginning being a good soul and made the crosses quickly to honor the children and wasn't familar with the name Skyla.

Yes, I saw a story in the beginning of the person who made the crosses. I know they put a lot of hard work into them. God bless them for doing that out of the goodness of their heart. It's a shame that with all that hard work and the name was spelled incorrectly.

I personally know several people who have names that are unusual or are not spelled the traditional way. I know it is a pet peeve of theirs when their names are not spelled correctly.

I agree Lauren - it was stated that it was reported in the local newspaper. Do you have a way of checking that? I have no idea what their newspaper is called. I am sure you could do it much faster than me.

I'm not local but I could check the various web sites of the newspapers that have been running stories on the girls.

Thank you Lauren - I knew you weren't local - Canada isn't it? I am just certain you are much more computer savy than I am. Thank you so much for checking. I'd like to know if that is true or just another rumor. If it is true - give me a break - the old song " oceanfront property in Arizona' comes to mind. I can't see many people believing that.

Did they run the article today or on the weekend?

Thank you Lauren - I knew you weren't local - Canada isn't it? I am just certain you are much more computer savy than I am. Thank you so much for checking. I'd like to know if that is true or just another rumor. If it is true - give me a break - the old song " oceanfront property in Arizona' comes to mind. I can't see many people believing that.

Yes, I'm in Canada. I will try to search for it and let you know when I find it. If it was posted on the weekend, it may be up already, if not then it may be posted tomorrow.

I assumed today - but I don't know for sure. I just based it on the talk on the other forum - which often I take with a grain of salt so to speak, but the road issue was mentioned on here earlier today - which I believe is credible coming from that poster, The other one I can only guess,

I searched on .40 caliber handgun and found a few links (I wanted to hear what they might sound like). I know very little about guns. Would the .40 caliber handguns in these videos be similar to one of the guns used?

Warning: The Youtube videos are a bit disturbing when you hear them.

.40 Caliber Handguns
#1: http://www.expertvillage.com/video/29543_forty-guns-introduction.htm
#2 Glock .40: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdiJsFln64U
#3 Glock 40 & Glock 357 (both fired at same time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJJ5mpkchFs
#4 Glock .40 & 9mm Berretta (both fired at same time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkNOYLXt_M0

Ann, someone was kind enough to provide this on another forum:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080818_1__WELEE32641

Might this be the article you are referring to?

I don't think so - this was on topix page 482 #12156
Upset Lady wrote 'Okay I just spoke with a friend who told me it was in the local paper about the roadblocks-stated they were having them to catch drunk drivers and said it would include help from undercover officers"

This is the paper article I want to know if it really exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member