Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I believe we do have some facts which speak to Caylee being dead:

We have the grandmother and grandfather saying they smelled the decomposition in Casey's vehicle along with the sworn statement of the Detective on the stand. This is a fact.

We have two confirmed cadaver dog "hits" on the trunk of the car. This is a fact until proven the dogs are not reliable for LE's purposes.

We have NO known confirmed sighting of Caylee Anthony since June 15th being anywhere on this planet alive. This is a fact.

...remind me...didn't I see a post not too long ago explaining that cadaver dogs are only right 20-25% of the time??? so are you saying because there were 2 dogs that the 2nd dog is the "confirmation?" if so, I'd be interested in whatever WSer may have, statistically speaking, regardint the accuracy of the cadaver dogs when 2+ hit on something...how uch more accurate is it at that point??? anyone know???

Below is what was said on Nancy Grace regarding the carseat. LE has never stated they are looking for the carseat. In fact LE stated they do have the carseat. They stated this at the very beginning of the case. I would take the word over LE than a talking head on Nancy Grace, a show who's facts are often wrong.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0808/18/ng.01.html

(snip)
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, Pat. Hey, my question is for Mark Williams. I wanted to know about the carseat, Caylee`s carseat. Has it ever been found? Was it in the abandoned vehicle? And did they ever check consignment shops in case she sold those, since she needed money?

LALAMA: All right. Well, let`s go to Mark. Mark, did you hear that question about the baby`s carseat?

WILLIAMS: Yes. Pat, as far as I know, there was no baby`s carseat that we know of, and it hasn`t turned up in any of the consignment shops in the area that police have reported. So we don`t know what happened to the carseat, even though Caylee`s picture was taken at one time in a carseat. That remains a mystery to us tonight.
Not us, dude. You.

The conflicting bond updates on Fox is annoying!!! I am wondering how Padilla has not yet submitted the necessary paperwork?? Shouldnt he have done that right away??

Really? He has not submitted paper work yet? How bizarre. Wait....something smells like pizza!

LOL!!

You know.... since he already limited himself to that 5 DAYS window.... he might be rethinking things a bit.

Much better to drag out the media interest in what WILL/MIGHT happen when he bails her out than to have to deal with what went wrong after he bailed her out.

I mean.... after he tells her "make my life easy" & she laughs in his face & rolls her eyes..... you still have to have some kind of plan for the next 4 days & 23 hours. lol

I would venture to guess that his Caylee Anthony documentary (if he does one) would only have 3,999,999 viewers if you don't watch it. It's pretty obvious that people are obsessed with true crime stories.

agreed. I have been obsessed with true crime stories since I was a little girl. It is my passion. However, a reality show based on a tragedy of a missing 3 year old (alive or not) is a nauseating prospect at best IMO, and simply would not watch it as I feel it is highly unethical and I'm sure I'm not alone. I have never prescribed to the "flock" mentality. Its just the way I am. I think many people that are attracted to true crime have a serious passion for justice and if a show was made out of this in this manner by these particular people well IMO that would be an INJUSTICE and I would not support it.

They could not find anything to substantiate the claim. No other passengers could verify the sighting, no video of her in either airport, nothing on the manifest showing a child of that age, etc. They didn't simply say it wasn't true because they didn't find her!

Does anyone have a link/proof regarding the extent to which this sighting was looked into? Because if there is such information, I missed it. (LOL - how could THAT happen?!?!?)

Posting the bond is one thing
getting the paperwork complete is another.
I know someone who's bond was posted at 2 PM but was not released until 8 Pm that same day.
The jail can and does take their time doing what they need to do.

Below is what was said on Nancy Grace regarding the carseat. LE has never stated they are looking for the carseat. In fact LE stated they do have the carseat. They stated this at the very beginning of the case. I would take the word over LE than a talking head on Nancy Grace, a show who's facts are often wrong.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0808/18/ng.01.html

(snip)
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, Pat. Hey, my question is for Mark Williams. I wanted to know about the carseat, Caylee`s carseat. Has it ever been found? Was it in the abandoned vehicle? And did they ever check consignment shops in case she sold those, since she needed money?

LALAMA: All right. Well, let`s go to Mark. Mark, did you hear that question about the baby`s carseat?

WILLIAMS: Yes. Pat, as far as I know, there was no baby`s carseat that we know of, and it hasn`t turned up in any of the consignment shops in the area that police have reported. So we don`t know what happened to the carseat, even though Caylee`s picture was taken at one time in a carseat. That remains a mystery to us tonight.

I agree -- NG needs to invest in some adapt fact checkers or use this forum or google to ensure their "facts" are correct . . .

Fox is reporting today (19 Aug) that Padilla (not LE but BH) has not submitted required paperwork & Casey will most likely tomorrow (20 Aug) or later this week
Really? I missed that.

At this rate, the Padilla's might as well wait until her court appearance on Thursday (thanks for the correction, Delta!) just in case LE has any surprises planned.

LOL!!

You know.... since he already limited himself to that 5 DAYS window.... he might be rethinking things a bit.

Much better to drag out the media interest in what WILL/MIGHT happen when he bails her out than to have to deal with what went wrong after he bailed her out.

I mean.... after he tells her "make my life easy" & she laughs in his face & rolls her eyes..... you still have to have some kind of plan for the next 4 days & 23 hours. lol

LI Mom, where are you getting the 5-day window?
Everything I've read so far indicates he will spend an entire week with her,
after she's bailed out.
Man, the media is surely making all of us nuts!

It looks like Casey's not being released until tomorrow. I'd love it if the DNA came back sometime today, or early tomorrow morning. Padilla and his crew won't get any notariety and they'll have to head back home with nothing. Casey will be DEVISTATED!!!! Cindy and George will be outraged. God please, please, please, let the DNA come back.

I am of the opinion they have it back and are not sharing it. I also don't think Casey is going anywhere.

As far as this hearing on the 21st goes. IIRC this was back when that 31 day rule was at question and LE decided to formally charge her with what they had (felony neglect and lying to police). This hearing is the arraignment for those charges - she doesn't have to attend - Baez already filed the "not guilty" plea - which is what this hearing is for. Interesting if she is out - will she go - does Baez want her to? But I don't think it is required for her to attend because her plea has already been filed.

IIRC TP stated that all of this paperwork was "done" prior to him leaving California..what the heck is the hold up? I don't believe he hasn't submitted anything yet..something else is going on..I smell a squirrel..I mean pizza.

...remind me...didn't I see a post not too long ago explaining that cadaver dogs are only right 20-25% of the time??? so are you saying because there were 2 dogs that the 2nd dog is the "confirmation?" if so, I'd be interested in whatever WSer may have, statistically speaking, regardint the accuracy of the cadaver dogs when 2+ hit on something...how uch more accurate is it at that point??? anyone know???
Like I said, "This is a fact until proven the dogs are not reliable for LE's purposes.". Their finding was accurate enough to present to the Judge in this case and cadaver dog findings are allowed to be used in court all over the country.

If they were only accurate 20-25% of the time...do you think it would be acceptable to the court?! You can find the stats on that, but I am certain that other stats can and do prove them wrong.

I have personally seen a bounty hunter taking a person who was bailed out of jail into his custody 24/7 until the appointed court date so it can and does happen. The circumstances were different as that person needed more of a bodyguard than someone to assure he just showed up.

On video of their arrival, I saw a female come in with Leonard Padilla's group and am assuming she will be with Casey, too. They probably will take many precautions against frivolous claims from Casey since they already know she is likely to cause trouble! Casey would be a fool to go against the people responsible for getting her out of jail tho. She isn't a stupid girl.

I hope that she wouldnt but that does happen!! like i said this is different! But a BM have more power then what people think they do!

As far as this hearing on the 21st goes. IIRC this was back when that 31 day rule was at question and LE decided to formally charge her with what they had (felony neglect and lying to police). This hearing is the arraignment for those charges - she doesn't have to attend - Baez already filed the "not guilty" plea - which is what this hearing is for. Interesting if she is out - will she go - does Baez want her to? But I don't think it is required for her to attend because her plea has already been filed.

I think she needs to appear.

I will link you to an interview on Greta regarding cadaver dogs. The expert stated that they are in the 90th percentile regarding accuracy. He is just one expert however and the issue has been debated quite heavily. I personally believe in them and don't downplay their abilities. Hope this helps.

I am not sure the psych has anything to do with it. Link me, please ma'am.

There is a hold and nobody knows what the hold is. I'm just assuming a psych evaluation because the last bond hearing was sealed due to the fact they were talking about the princesses psychotic ways. I think the "psych" has a lot to do with her release. What if she's homicidal or suicidal and leaves the jail and kills somebody or herself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbitfoot