MA MA - Giovanni Colon-Gonzalez, 5, Lynn, 15 Aug 2008

capoly

Reaction score
Giovanni is 4-feet-2 and weighs 40 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing jeans, a red shirt and "Spiderman" sandals and carrying "Transformers" backpack.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=5610257

Daisy Colon vows to find missing son

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...s_to_find_missing_son/srvc=home&position=also

I don't know how to get this picture to stay put when I sign out. It's from an online album. If anyone can place his face in a post here so people an see it when I'm off-line I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• h_giovanni_gonzalez_080819_mn-vi.jpg
    h_giovanni_gonzalez_080819_mn-vi.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 379
Missing boy's mother makes appeal
Urges son to call 911; Lynn police scour the city

According to a spokeswoman for the Department of Children and Families, the child protection agency received two reports of neglect - one against each parent - that were not substantiated. The dates and times of those complaints were not available last night.

In 2001, Gonzalez was arrested by Lynn police after fighting with his girlfriend at the time, threatening her with a knife, vandalizing her car with a knife, threatening a neighbor with a knife, and then threatening police officers with a knife. He was convicted on multiple assault and battery charges and was sentenced to three months in the Essex County House of Correction in 2003, records show.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/08/20/missing_boys_mother_makes_appeal/

Hi believe09,

High Rock Park, if the Google view is correct, looks like a pretty open area. It says LE are scouring Lynn so I would think the park was included in their search. It reads like LE are thinking recovery rather than rescue.

I am about an 1 1/2 hrs away from Lynn or would gladly meet up with you for a search.

Urges son to call 911; Lynn police scour the city

According to a spokeswoman for the Department of Children and Families, the child protection agency received two reports of neglect - one against each parent - that were not substantiated. The dates and times of those complaints were not available last night.

In 2001, Gonzalez was arrested by Lynn police after fighting with his girlfriend at the time, threatening her with a knife, vandalizing her car with a knife, threatening a neighbor with a knife, and then threatening police officers with a knife. He was convicted on multiple assault and battery charges and was sentenced to three months in the Essex County House of Correction in 2003, records show.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/08/20/missing_boys_mother_makes_appeal/

Hi believe09,

High Rock Park, if the Google view is correct, looks like a pretty open area. It says LE are scouring Lynn so I would think the park was included in their search. It reads like LE are thinking recovery rather than rescue.

I am about an 1 1/2 hrs away from Lynn or would gladly meet up with you for a search.

Thank you!! I just got off of the phone with the Lynn police and offered to contact the Molly Bish foundation as well to accumulate volunteers for a search. They are checking in with the FBI et all and will call me back. I will keep you posted!!!!

The more I read, the sicker I get. The child should not have been left unsupervised with this man.

I know-I know of a person who was in a similar situation, and to be honest it can be very, very difficult to know when you are deciding something in the best interests of the child and when you are keeping the child from their bio parent-

I just got off of the phone with the State Police who are searching Lynn right now-it sounds as if they have a lead or two they are trying to exhaust before they call for an all out search. I gave them the option of calling me back if there was a need to quickly round up volunteers and that I would contact the Molly Bish foundation for them and give them my contact info with TES if necessary....Please GOD let Giovanni be stashed somewhere....Please.

It's only 4.2 miles/13 minutes to Nahant and the ocean from Brightwood Terrace. I hope LE has asked boaters to be aware also.

I agree it is difficult to know when to trust and when not to and didn't mean to sound judgemental. Just so frustrated!

Thanks believe.

I hope he is stashed somewhere too.

Keep us updated...let me know if there is anything I/we can do to help!

How close for you?

That is so sad. I hope they can find this little boy safe.

believe09,

Have you read anywhere as to whether Ernesto Gonzalez owned, or had access, to a car? It reads as if he didn't, what with the mother bringing Giovanni from S.Boston to Lynn for the visitation, yet it's not clear.

believe09,

Have you read anywhere as to whether Ernesto Gonzalez owned, or had access, to a car? It reads as if he didn't, what with the mother bringing Giovanni from S.Boston to Lynn for the visitation, yet it's not clear.

I have read the same as you, my friend. I think if he did this then Giovanni is close. I would love to know the condition Ernesto was in when they got into his apartment-tired, angry, numb, defeated, smug...you know what I mean. I also do not believe that he would have borrowed a vehicle-JMO.

If he passed the child along to someone else, it will come out shortly-they have already narrowed the window to less than 24 hours.

Please God, let Giovanni's mother find him safe and healthy...

I have read the same as you, my friend. I think if he did this then Giovanni is close. I would love to know the condition Ernesto was in when they got into his apartment-tired, angry, numb, defeated, smug...you know what I mean. I also do not believe that he would have borrowed a vehicle-JMO.

If he passed the child along to someone else, it will come out shortly-they have already narrowed the window to less than 24 hours.

Please God, let Giovanni's mother find him safe and healthy...

If I recall correctly one article said the police had to break through the door in order to gain access to the apartment as Ernesto wouldn't answer the door. He was found sitting in a chair and, while uncooperative with giving information as to Giovanni's whereabouts, he offered no resistance when arrested.

Sounds like your words "defeated & numb" might apply. Funny (in that weird funny way) that you used those words, you must have work experience with abusive individuals to understand that those words, which could appear sympathetic, are also damning.

"But when Colon arrived at Gonzalez's home on Brightwood Terrace on Sunday, her knocks went unanswered and her son was nowhere to be found. She summoned police, who eventually broke in and found Gonzalez inside. He denied seeing the boy the entire weekend."

This article does say the police broke in. The other article, which I cannot find now, was a bit more descriptive and included his sitting in a chair and not moving even when police broke in.

"But when Colon arrived at Gonzalez's home on Brightwood Terrace on Sunday, her knocks went unanswered and her son was nowhere to be found. She summoned police, who eventually broke in and found Gonzalez inside. He denied seeing the boy the entire weekend."

This article does say the police broke in. The other article, which I cannot find now, was a bit more descriptive and included his sitting in a chair and not moving even when police broke in.

I can say I have had some experience with folks like Ernesto-what will make him crack I wonder? I think he will not hold out long because if he really wants to torture Colon, he will want her to know if he harmed the boy. Is he smart enough to pull off a kidnapping, I wonder? Hmmm....

I can say I have had some experience with folks like Ernesto-what will make him crack I wonder? I think he will not hold out long because if he really wants to torture Colon, he will want her to know if he harmed the boy. Is he smart enough to pull off a kidnapping, I wonder? Hmmm....

IMO this is not kidnapping case. Ernesto has other children that he was, according to relatives, involved with far more than he was involved with Giovanni. What strikes me as peculiar is the every weekend visitations as that's not the usual court ordered visitation set-up. The picture of Ernesto and Giovanni bothers me. I hope it is not found there is a sexual aspect to this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back