Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloud, thank you for the detailed maps!!! Not sure about the 2 boys on 4-wheeler theory, I would think if they "got caught" back on June 9th we would have heard more about it by now, two months later. Nice find, though, I hadn't seen that before, and it's good not to ignore any possibilities at this point. Little, I sure do agree with your statement... Even if it's not true, the "shooting dogs" comment makes me EXTREMELY upset. :(

Rumor/hearsay from June 9th (link to forum below):

“just got report it was a 17 and a 19 year old set of boys off of a 4 wheeler that did it. They got caught via a phone call to a "buddy " bragging it was like shooting dogs.”

Well I know this is just a rumor and I'm sure this rumor has been investigated by LE but . . . when all the information was posted about the Keloughs and Southerns earlier, I looked at one of the teenage boy's myspace pages. I can't remember which one it was but he had pictures of 4-wheelers in his pictures. Also, I checked some of his friends and there was another teen on there from the Seminole area that had pictures of both 4-wheelers and guns in his pictures. I'm not saying these kids did the crime! But we know that teens with 4 wheelers and teens with guns were in the area the day of the crime.

I'm sure this has been discussed but I just haven't seen it or forgot already. But near the crime scene is there a way to get off the road through the woods on a 4 wheeler?? Are there trails around and under the bridge??

Thanks Cloud for the aerial maps! It sure helps people like me that isn't familiar with the area! Wow! It sure puts in perspective how close the girls were in possibly reaching the "safety" of Taylor's home. It sure makes me think that someone knew they had to hurry and kill them because they were getting so close to the house. If something happened at the bridge why did the killer(s) wait so long before shooting the girls??

Regarding your maps, cloud, the Bad Creek Bridge is a little farther north, I believe. You have the electrical line crossing labeled as the bridge. If you look a little farther north, you'll see the creek where it intersects with the road.

This really makes me sick and angry!

Further down in those posts, someone said that area is known as "flamesville" and in the past was used for devil worshiping. Has that been discussed on here before?

Also, I wonder if there were any 4 wheeler tracks near the scene of the crime?

Rumor/hearsay from June 9th (link to forum below):

“just got report it was a 17 and a 19 year old set of boys off of a 4 wheeler that did it. They got caught via a phone call to a "buddy " bragging it was like shooting dogs.”

“this sounds bad but my info came from a 3rd or 4th party. my sister said her motherin law was with the family and that is what they had heard. NOt sure whats up . just passed on the info.”

http://www./forum1/message560159/pg1

clouajo, you are correct ...those boys were picked up and questioned. 'Text message' was something to the affect, it was like shooting dogs. I haven't heard anymore about those boys. It was a couple of days after the killings.

Thank you, MS... I didn't realize they were picked up and questioned. Seems like they were ruled out as suspects; perhaps they were just making a joke about something they had no involvement in (albeit a VERY CRUEL joke). Just speculating is all...

clouajo, you are correct ...those boys were picked up and questioned. 'Text message' was something to the affect, it was like shooting dogs. I haven't heard anymore about those boys. It was a couple of days after the killings.

Hi Missing Sarah~
I wondered if you knew whether or not the teenage boys were still in school?

Ruflossn

You have probably all seen this but:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,408781,00.html

It's true that OK doesn't have to register guns? Can't believe that! Do their cars have to be registered?

Well, of course our cars have to be registered, I'm sure we aren't the only state with unregistered guns, If you purchace a new gun it is registered,r but if you trade for or buy from an indivisual, you don't usually register it

Just as an aside (sorry if slightly OT), Ohio doesn't require gun registration either, and seems more lax than OK...
Rifles and Shotguns
  • Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? No.
  • Registration of rifles and shotguns? No.
  • Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No.
  • Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? No.
Handguns

• Permit to purchase handgun? No.
  • Registration of handguns? No.
  • Licensing of owners of handguns? No.
  • Permit to carry handguns? No.
Is there a State waiting period? No.

Cheers

Well, of course our cars have to be registered, I'm sure we aren't the only state with unregistered guns, If you purchace a new gun it is registered,r but if you trade for or buy from an indivisual, you don't usually register it

I was asking about the cars facetiously. It seems contrary to me that cars have to be registered but not guns. Yikes!

Just as an aside (sorry if slightly OT), Ohio doesn't require gun registration either, and seems more lax than OK...
Rifles and Shotguns
  • Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? No.
  • Registration of rifles and shotguns? No.
  • Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No.
  • Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? No.
Handguns

• Permit to purchase handgun? No.
  • Registration of handguns? No.
  • Licensing of owners of handguns? No.
  • Permit to carry handguns? No.
Is there a State waiting period? No.

Cheers

Double Yikes!

Thank you for the link, stillblv. This quote was made by Jessica Brown,"Since we don't have a motive, we just can't look in one direction for a certain person," Jessica Brown, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, told FOXNews.com. "It's wide open."

This sounds like BS, to me! I don't think the person or person's who did this HAD a motive.

Thank you for the link, stillblv. This quote was made by Jessica Brown,"Since we don't have a motive, we just can't look in one direction for a certain person," Jessica Brown, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, told FOXNews.com. "It's wide open."

This sounds like BS, to me! I don't think the person or person's who did this HAD a motive.

No? Do you think the victims knew their killer(s)?

"No? Do you think the victims knew their killer(s)?"

Yes....I think they DID know their killers!

I am beginning to think that the girls recognized their killer. Maybe did not know them well but recognized them.

I'm guessing if it had been closed the mail carrier would have known. According to what has been posted here and elsewhere it was closed on more than one day.

Thanks again, it's great to get this info. and not from rumors spread from all over the place from those who don't even live there :heart:

I'm sorry, are you saying that you all don't believe the road block took place? It was said, by me, that it was on Sunday and early Monday. If the mail man didn't see anything he would be talking about Monday, since mail doesn't run on Sunday. Monday, whoever it was performing the road block may have been gone by 10...Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni