Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #120

Status
Not open for further replies.

believe09

Reaction score
Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #109
Please continue GENERAL discussions here.

Look around Caylee has a FORUM, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies.....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...websleuths.jpg

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windchime
Please keep in mind Caylee's forum is very busy and we will not tolerate members being rude to other members.

If he is as positive as he states as to his client's innocence, he needs to help LE, and not make casual remarks to the press like that. His job is to defend his client. IF his client is as guilty as she appears, he needs to work on a plea bargain, not in making false statements to media.

Baez's job is to defend his client. Baez is not obligated to work on a plea bargain, although he may if it is in the best interests of his client. Baez knows much more about this case than any of us, thus making it somewhat difficult for any of us to suggest what his best defense strategy should be.

This comment from Baez is standard lawyering. It's true that opening statements are not evidentiary but rather, introduce the case and give the jurors an overview of what to expect.

Under a very strict and unreasonably unforgiving interpretation, Baez's comment might be said to be technically incorrect. But I think it's a huge stretch to suggest that Baez is acting inappropriate based on that statement -- made within a context that doesn't call for preciseness. It's much more reasonable to infer that Baez is merely saying that his client is not guilty of the charges made against her.

And people wonder why lawayers are hated....lol

I know lawyers who would remove themselfves from a case if they knew their client was guilty. Even Alan Dershowitz has a quote about that. It's called ethics and most defense lawyers lack them imo

ok, im confused. if BH said one of their team was going to be with casey at all times, why was it only her and her father at the lawyers today?
ok, I rewatched the video, there is a man gets out of georges van and opens the door for her to get in. said there were some security there earlier but they left before they came out. this security stuff is nothing but bs.
http://www.wftv.com/video/17264089/index.html

Casey, Where is Caylee? It will take less than 5 minutes to call: 1-800-423-TIPS

Baez's job is to defend his client. Baez is not obligated to work on a plea bargain, although he may if it is in the best interests of his client. Baez knows much more about this case than any of us, thus making it somewhat difficult for any of us to suggest what his best defense strategy should be.

With all due respect...

IF.. IF IF IF.. His client is innocent, right now, his and her best interest should be bringing a lost, ALIVE, little girl home to her family.

Caylee's interests should be put before Casey's immediately and they all seemed to have forgotten that.

A crime is a crime whether perpetrated under the guise of searching for Caylee or not.

quote]

snipping to address. Leonard Padilla better run like the wind. he is NOT searching for Caylee.

Thank you Believe. I'm bringing over my comment from the previous thread.

Jiminy Cricket. Stop reading for a while and all heck breaks loose.

She just couldn't not have her say, could she? She has to be in charge, has to be the one who has the "last word".

(Captain Obvious speaking) I had to google Melinda Duckett when I first started reading here. Somehow I don't think that comparison just popped into her head willy nilly.

I hope to all that is Holy that LE is just ready to pounce. I have sometimes waivered in my personal opinion of the US legal system's ability to provide justice and uncover the truth. This would restore my faith to where it was unshakable.

WWYMD indeed. Go, sir, go. For the sake of that little girl, please act wisely and swiftly.

I have managed to contain my anger at the craziness of this case and Casey...that is really the most difficult when I go back and read the court documents from the beginning and listen to her phone calls from jail.

But today takes the cake, her first full day out of jail on bond and she does nothing to further the cause of finding Caylee!! Not a statement from the family spokesperson on her behalf, not a t-shirt, not a flyer, nada! Today's actions if I were the prosecution would be added to my opening statement showing Casey's lack of any concern for her child.... along with the rest of the crap she has done..... to evidence her complete disregard for the status of her child!!!!

With all due respect...

IF.. IF IF IF.. His client is innocent, right now, his and her best interest should be bringing a lost, ALIVE, little girl home to her family.

Caylee's interests should be put before Casey's immediately and they all seemed to have forgotten that.

This is the best statement I have read all day.

With all due respect...

I honestly believe that Biaz could care less about where Caylee is..he just wants to defend her and come out on top.
Way far too many lawyers rather see their stats grow than any kind of closure to cases. Also, with his ties to Geraldo, and the Bounty Hunter, I wouldn't dout some kind of money exchange between the 3 of them.

"Alms for the poor! alms for the poor!"

Please forgive me, I've been at a funeral & wake all day, (thankfully for a wonderful Senior who lived a full, fun life and passed surrounded by family,) so I am rushing in trying to catch up on the day's events...

From the few pages I have managed to read so far, it sounds like Cindy threw her toys out of her playpen (again) and is implying that it is the media's fault if Casey commits suicide???

(Forgive me if I didn't go far enough back to catch this yet, but...) that said, is it possible that Cindy pulled this sound bite off of a forum? Even here, there has been speculation on many threads prior to Casey's release on bond that she might attempt suicide and the Duckett case was often cited.

IMO, I am not one who believes Casey would attempt suicide - she's gotten away with so much in the past, why wouldn't she believe she could get away with this, too? Nor do I believe it would even cross Cindy's mind - after all, why would Casey, Sweetheart, consider such an action when she has such valiant defending Warriors on her side?

Cindy got the idea/sound bite to reference the Duckett case somewhere, and it wasn't all from within.

Help a TaterTot catch up here...

Quoted from last thread. And adding: did the Anthony's themselves appear to undertake any constructive steps to search for Caylee in an manner today?

Shepard Smith discussing this case next on FOX, (or so he says.)

ok, im confused. if BH said one of their team was going to be with casey at all times, why was it only her and her father at the lawyers today?
Because Casey can do whatever she wants and not answer to anyone?? The BH was duped. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member