Mother dog saves abadoned baby

heavenlydaze

Music keeps me sane!!!
Reaction score
Website
www.heavenlydaze.net
If it wasn't for a fact that a crime had been commited, I was almost tempted to put this in 'News That Makes You Smile'. Thank God the baby is alive.

"A newborn baby that was abandoned outdoors by her 14-year-old mother during the Argentina winter was found safe Thursday after being kept alive and warm by a mother dog and her brood of puppies, Reuters reported"...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,408941,00.html

Awww what a sweet dog that made a happy ending to a sad story.

This was the current events story my dd8's 2nd grade teacher shared with the class this week. I thought it was so cool! But the teacher left out the part about the baby being abandoned, and the kids never thought to ask why the baby was alone.

Come to think of it, neither did I. :crazy:

This was the current events story my dd8's 2nd grade teacher shared with the class this week. I thought it was so cool! But the teacher left out the part about the baby being abandoned, and the kids never thought to ask why the baby was alone.

Come to think of it, neither did I. :crazy:

Maybe we need to stop the use of " the cabbage patch" " the stork brings them" and such when we explain " the birds and the bees" to them. :)

This is still a heartwarming story even tho a mother abandoned her baby. Thank you for posting it!

Maybe we need to stop the use of " the cabbage patch" " the stork brings them" and such when we explain " the birds and the bees" to them. :)

Actually she just said the dog found the baby and saved it. For some reason, neither the kids nor I ever asked what had originally happened to the baby. We just thought it was cool that the dog would/could do that and we were happy the baby was safe in the end.

I'm not one for teaching sex ed to 2nd graders. Sorry.

It's a very profound thing when the animals act more human than the humans do.
So sad that the mother left her baby but so beautiful that a momma of another sort took care of the child in her place.
It made my soul smile to read that the momma dog an her pups kept the baby warm.
Hope this baby goes on to have a very blessed life.

Actually she just said the dog found the baby and saved it. For some reason, neither the kids nor I ever asked what had originally happened to the baby. We just thought it was cool that the dog would/could do that and we were happy the baby was safe in the end.

I'm not one for teaching sex ed to 2nd graders. Sorry.

Oh no angelmom, I knew what you meant. I was just trying to make a joke. Sometimes my jokes fall flat. lol

Oh no angelmom, I knew what you meant. I was just trying to make a joke. Sometimes my jokes fall flat. lol

Sorry if I was too touchy. I have had that argument before and I might be oversensitive!

:blowkiss:

Sorry if I was too touchy. I have had that argument before and I might be oversensitive!

:blowkiss:

That's ok angelmom. You are one of my favorite posters and I'm just glad you know now that I also think that's way too young for sex ed. :blowkiss:

Cabbage Patch and Santa should probably be phased out at about the same time in a child's life. Fantasy is so much fun, but reality is too soon thrust upon them.

I always told my child the truth, but left out pieces and parts. She questioned, I answered, but for questions like how the baby gets there, I'd say "nature." Then "nature" information got a bit more graphic through the ages, as appropriate.

Once the neighbor's dog jumps the fence and plays roundy round with your child's dog - the cat's out of the bag on some of that stuff, on it's own! :-/

Santa never has to be phased out. Santa (working through me) visits my 88 year old grandmother and leaves a full stocking pinned to her pillowcase for when she returns from midnight mass. She loves it. The notes congratulating her for being a good girl that year always make her laugh. He also visits my mother, father and little dog. He also visits me (I suspect working through Mum). It is always so much fun and really adds to the magic. Even grown ups need magic at Christmas and playing Santa is so much fun.

Santa never has to be phased out. Santa (working through me) visits my 88 year old grandmother and leaves a full stocking pinned to her pillowcase for when she returns from midnight mass. She loves it. The notes congratulating her for being a good girl that year always make her laugh. He also visits my mother, father and little dog. He also visits me (I suspect working through Mum). It is always so much fun and really adds to the magic. Even grown ups need magic at Christmas.

:) I like that. :)

We never did Santa as the whole commercialized thing. We made homemade stuff and passed it out to everyone we knew (cheaper than gifts and just as thoughtful.) So in a way, we do Santa by BEING Santa.

Funny story though - I never told Donna about Santa being real. Always said the gifts were from who they were from and that Santa was an idea, not a real dude. Then, my mom hired a student of hers to dress up as Santa one year and come to the Christmas package opening thing at her house. He did the Ho Ho Ho and presents for all the kids thing, the whole nine yards. AFTERWARDS, my daughter tried desperately to convince me that I was totally mistaken and there really WAS a Santa Claus. Role Reversal! :)

This is really stupid, but I had a boyfriend in college whose father was homeless. He was a nice old man, but drugs and alcohol made his life such as it was. He passed away sometime in the 80's. Every single Christmas, I buy a cold six pack of Budweiser beer and give it to the oldest panhandler man I can find, along with a sandwich, a lighter, and a pack of ciggarettes. I've never had a single one rip into the sandwich first. I drive by, hand the bag out the window and drive off, in honor of the homeless man I cared about. I know many people think I contribute to the problem, but for a few precious minutes, there is one guy who is thankful for something at Christmas. The rest of the year (Florida) I give water bottles and cans of OFF! They can get food and drugs at the shelter. ;-)

Glitch, it's not stupid, I get it. My sister and I once drove all over town trying to find a store open at 7 am on Christmas morning. We had seen an old homeless lady sleeping in the field in the fog. We were cooking our Christmas feast, and we had to find somewhere to get her something. We finally found a gas station quickie mart and bought her a loaf of bread, pack of bologna, OJ and some fruit.

This is one of the sweetest stories that I have read in a long time. I saw a news clip of the dog and her pups. She looked very nervous and focused on protecting her pups from the paparazzi. LOL! I hope that the humans return the deed and make sure that all of her pups stay healthy and get a good home -- and are neutered/spayed at the appropriate time!

What a lovely story! Thank you so much for sharing. Some humans are more 'animal like' like the actual animals these days!

Wow, a story to warm your heart at a time when we are seeing so much child abuse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back