Moderators -PLEASE LOCK OUT GUESTS WHEN FULL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TURBOTHINK

Former Member
Reaction score
Moderators - You all do a great job here, but I have a favor to ask;

PLEASE - is there anyway you can lock out the guests viewing when the board is so busy.

The regulars cannot get on the board, and the information stream gets stopped.

Thank you.

Moderators - You all do a great job here, but I have a favor to ask; PLEASE lock out the guests viewing when the board is so busy.

The regulars cannot get on the board, and the information stream gets stopped.

Thank you.

OMG this is so crazy.... I can't read nothing ! I can't believe it let me post, finally... :woohoo:

thanks mods

I agree 100% I have been an active member for over 5 years, and I am unable to get info as a member that the guests have no problem getting.

If they want to support this great site and the wonderful moderators make them sign up just like the rest of us have done

I heartily object! There are people here who have been "guests" for years, due to email addy problem. It wouldn't be fair. And besides, for some of us, hitting that cute little "refresh" button might be the only excercise we get!!

I was going to get on the WS paging system and yell "ALL THOSE WITH LESS THAN 1,900 POSTS - SIGN OFF NOW!", but then, I figured I'd get that friendly little message "you have been banned, and you know why" if I did. hehehe...

Turbo, you have caused me to giggle and become joy filled. I hear ya gal. Thanks for starting this thread, though I have an opposite opinion.

Tricia and Corporate:

Please consider and give it some thought, for I don't know what you are able to do concerning this recommendation, but I know you'll do what you are able, thanks in advance.

Last night in the middle of sleep, I was awaken, set straight up, completely alert and I felt a revelation:

*Open up the boards daily for an hour even to guests to be able to post without registering and place an announcement at top of public forums stating this will be a trial period only for those who don't want to register and for those who have some information concerning some cases*

I don't know if you are able to accomplish this with our software v-bulletin, but I was made to feel not only concerning Caylee's case but others this participation is important as information will come in. I know this may cause some heavy moderation, but it's something to think about doing. I contemplated whether I would mention this to you guys and I feel like this thread opened up the door wide open.

Everybody don't shoot me :crazy:

I have to disagree as well. I have been a member here for years but don't always login or post. I come to get a quick update on what's happening.

Do any of you pay to belong to this site? I didn't think so.

Turbo, you have caused me to giggle and become joy filled. I hear ya gal. Thanks for starting this thread, though I have an opposite opinion.
Open up the boards daily for an hour even to guests to be able to post without registering and place an announcement at top of public forums stating this will be a trial period only for those who don't want to register and for those who have some information concerning some cases*[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/I]

I don't know if you are able to accomplish this with our software v-bulletin, but I was made to feel not only concerning Caylee's case but others this participation is important as information will come in. I know this may cause some heavy moderation, but it's something to think about doing. I contemplated whether I would mention this to you guys and I feel like this thread opened up the door wide open.

Everybody don't shoot me :crazy:

That is an interesting idea..........it just might work if it didn't overwhelm the moderators.

i disagree as well. i have been on this site and this case since it broke. i coul dnot get registered because of email address. i read everyday and a LOT. i would have been very upset had i been kicked out. Now that im a member, i think it's very helpful to others that are doing their own investigating to be able to at least SEE and READ on WS even if they cannot sign up or do not sign in.

Admin just needs to update the server and all will be well. i am on another board where i host and have been a frequent poster/member for 4 years. As the board/site grows with members and guests, the site also needs to grow to hold a larger capacity.

I understand the frustration at not being able to get on WS and being booted off when your trying to reply to a message or go to the next page. But, gosh it seems that this board has taken an unfriendly turn.

I've been here for years, no I don't post a lot, I don't do the chit chat thing except for in the Jury Room, but I've never felt that WS members were unfriendly.

jinniemae is right there are a lot of folks who can't register because of email addresses, I was one of those people for a couple of years! I also don't always log in when I come to WS I spend a lot of time reading the threads.

BTW- I got server down message many times before I was able to post this message.

This thread is ridiculous and offensive. This isnt your own private club.

I have to disagree as well. I have been a member here for years but don't always login or post. I come to get a quick update on what's happening.

Do any of you pay to belong to this site? I didn't think so.

The only reason I suggested this is because with so many guests who can't post the information stream is gone. We can't get the most up to date info, so there is really nothing for guests to read current.

We don't pay, but we also devote a lot of enery to keeping each other up on case information, so in reality we "do pay."

The only reason I suggested this is because with so many guests who can't post the information stream is gone. We can't get the most up to date info, so there is really nothing for guests to read current.

We don't pay, but we also devote a lot of enery to keeping each other up on case information, so in reality we "do pay."

With all do respect, I find your reasoning quite selfish.
:blowkiss:

This thread is ridiculous and offensive. This isnt your own private club.

No it is not. Many boards have to close their boards to guests when it their is a server overload. I think it is the wisest decision to make it easier for the members that participate on these forums.

Just because someone cant sit here and post 24/7 and doesn't have 1k posts doesn't mean they should be locked out. This isn't a private club and that post was incredibly rude. That makes people who aren't "big time posters" feel un welcomed here. Way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff