BODY FARM EVIDENCE Admissable In COURT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelonline

Member since 2005
Reaction score
A prosecutor said that these odor results are admissible in court as forensic evidence, but he cautioned that they are nearly as strong as DNA evidence. DNA tests are not yet back on the hair and stain from Casey Anthony's car, although a source told WESH 2 News that the FBI has completed its review of the DNA evidence.

from these links:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26427116/
http://www.wesh.com/news/17314603/detail.html

I saw several posters say they "heard" that the Body Farm Evidence was not addmissible. I read that it was admissible on several sites so wanted to post what I found here on WS. This report was before the DNA results last night.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::clap::clap::clap: YES!!!

Thank you for clarifying that. A lot of bad info can be repeated over and over so this is great information.

That's great!

I also thought I read on here that the DNA results were in and it is definately Caylee. So this is not true?

That's great!

I also thought I read on here that the DNA results were in and it is definately Caylee. So this is not true?

The links and quote I provided were from a report made before the DNA was in. So no what you read was true. Just this was a previous report. I only linked it to show that the Body Farm evidence is admissible in court.

A prosecutor said that these odor results are admissible in court as forensic evidence, but he cautioned that they are nearly as strong as DNA evidence. DNA tests are not yet back on the hair and stain from Casey Anthony's car, although a source told WESH 2 News that the FBI has completed its review of the DNA evidence.

from these links:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26427116/
http://www.wesh.com/news/17314603/detail.html

I saw several posters say they "heard" that the Body Farm Evidence was not addmissible. I read that it was admissible on several sites so wanted to post what I found here on WS. This report was before the DNA results last night.

I much appreciate your clarification on this Angelonline! That's great news!
Thank you!:)

Have the actual results of the 'air' test or the DNA tests been released? I can't keep up...the media says they have, the sheriff says they haven't. Do we know for sure?

Thank you for that info! Good news!

And yes DNA evidence is back on the HAIR in the trunk and it matches Caylee AND it shows signs of decomp.

Have the actual results of the 'air' test or the DNA tests been released? I can't keep up...the media says they have, the sheriff says they haven't. Do we know for sure?

Actually Chilly Willy, The sheriff said they are back and being reviewed now. If someone can find the link to his statement I would appreciate it. I am busy trying to get kids in bed. If not I will come back and find it in a bit.

They reported on NG tonight that the DNA on the hair matches Caylee AND it shows signs of decomp (I guess at the root).

Here's a link to the Body Farm, which is officially the Univeristy of Tennessee Anthropology Center. See particularly the Forensic Center section.

http://web.utk.edu/~anthrop/

From here you'll find other forensic facilities you can look up. It's truly fascinating reading.

You can also look up the people like the found of the Body Farm, William Bass, and find more interesting reading.

FYI, I've never heard a news station report on something being a DNA match and then it later comes back that they were incorrect and it really wasn't. Then again, I can only watch one TV channel at a time so if it did occur, I missed it. Anyone?

-snippety-

The media has gotten things wrong before. I think before I can accept the reported results as facts, I need to hear an official confirmation.

Honesty, I see and hear these news sites and tv stations citing each other as the source of their confirmation, and some saying confirmed, but giving no indication whatever of source.

I'm with you. I need to a LE source with a quote, and their name and department/position.

I think media is jumping the gun for ratings. They may have confirmation from anonymous sources they trust, and the info may be correct. In fact, I think it's most likely correct.

But I really want to get info from LE on exactly what LE does and does not have. Without that, there will be no action such as additional charges. And we won't know how critical finding Caylee's body is to the case.

Honesty, I see and hear these news sites and tv stations citing each other as the source of their confirmation, and some saying confirmed, but giving no indication whatever of source.

I'm with you. I need to a LE source with a quote, and their name and department/position.

I think media is jumping the gun for ratings. They may have confirmation from anonymous sources they trust, and the info may be correct. In fact, I think it's most likely correct.

But I really want to get info from LE on exactly what LE does and does not have. Without that, there will be no action such as additional charges. And we won't know how critical finding Caylee's body is to the case.

I also believe that the results being reported by the media are likely correct, however the fact that Casey has not been charged with anything further in spite of this "evidence" gives me pause. So many of the media stories start out with "Sources say...." or "Fox News reported today....." just like you said.

I also believe that the results being reported by the media are likely correct, however the fact that Casey has not been charged with anything further in spite of this "evidence" gives me pause. So many of the media stories start out with "Sources say...." or "Fox News reported today....." just like you said.

She hasn't been charged further yet because they're circling the wagons, so to speak, trying to get her to disclose where the body is (or was placed), make a deal for a guilty plea (i.e. 'limited immunity') and if that all falls through they will want to charge her with the maximum they can and they need time to get back more tests, more evidence, etc. to make their case. They get ONE SHOT at prosecuting this case so it's gotta be all tied up before they move forward on the charges.

They're not going to tip their hands with what all they do have, and yes they can convict without a body, even without the exact cause of death!

If there was any of Caylee's blood in the trunk then they will know that there wasn't just any accident.

If there was any of Caylee's blood in the trunk then they will know that there wasn't just any accident.

How would they know for sure it wasn't an accident? People can and do bleed from accidents. Here's one such example for illustration purposes only:

Caylee gets outside and runs near the pool...falls, hits her face or head or something...falls into the water and drowns.

Accidental death, with blood. I am NOT saying that is what happened, only that it's possible a death can be 'accidental' AND there be 'blood.' (And yes, I know there would possibly be evidence of blood in the pool if such a scenario happened.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo