Child finds abandoned baby while playing peekaboo with grandma

PattyCake

Gypsy By Heart
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,413783,00.html

A 6-year-old girl playing hide-and-seek with her grandmother found a newborn baby girl abandoned in a vacant lot next to her home.

Lilliana Williams-Rodriguez told her grandmother Thursday evening that she had found a doll in the bushes.

My goodness. Clearly they wanted this child to die by throwing it in the bushes. Who are these people that do these kinds of things?:furious:

My goodness. Clearly they wanted this child to die by throwing it in the bushes. Who are these people that do these kinds of things?:furious:

Most girls and women who abandon their babies have been concealing a horrible (to them) secret, have gone through delivery with no assistance and are not thinking straight.

It isn't so much that they want the baby to die as they are frantically trying to keep the secret.

Doesn't make much difference so far as the infant in concerned but I think it's important to remember that a girl or woman who does this is not making decisions with her usual mental facilities intact.

What a blessing this little girl and her grandmother found this child. I read the child thought the baby was a doll. I hope she has no long term effects from finding an abandoned baby, no 6 year old needs to see or know things like that happen in our world at such a young age.

Grainne Dhu, I agree with your point, what is sad is these mothers don't know or don't care(?) that Safe Haven laws exist. What do we as a society need to do to get more of these women to bring their baby to a safe place and understand no questions will be asked?

Posters about "safe haven" laws need to be put up in JH/Middle/SH schools.
JMO

Thanks for the HAPPY news this morning. We all need it!

xxxxxxxxooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Unfortunately I don't think it's a matter of these young women not knowing about safe haven laws. I think it's a matter of being selfish. They've kept a secret and they don't want to be found out. Fear of someone seeing them approach a fire station or hospital to leave their baby causes them to leave them in places where they probably won't make it. It's not even a matter of them not knowing about birth control. They just aren't taking any responsiblity for their actions and it's sickening.

My DD is almost 15, we just had a conversation about Safe-Haven laws the other day. I try to include tidbits of what seems to her like "whatever" type news any time I can. I hope that she will carry it with her..and maybe talk about it to her friends/classmates. She is in 10th grade, I know at that age if it did happen to any of them it would be quite scary.

... I read the child thought the baby was a doll. I hope she has no long term effects from finding an abandoned baby, no 6 year old needs to see or know things like that happen in our world at such a young age. .

Grandmothers who play peekaboo with their grandchildren, are more likely to elaborate on the "child in the cabbage patch" idea, or say the baby was a gift from heaven and that the child is helping the baby get to it's earthly parents... or something like that.

I hardly think Grandma would say "See? The baby didn't listen, so she dumped it. You behave now."

:) I'm sure the 6 year old child will be fine. :)

Not in this case, but just in general....

I wonder how many kids in their mid-teens could get a baby to a hospital or fire station on their own? They're not driving yet, and I can't imagine boarding a bus to ride somewhere to drop off a baby when you've just given birth. KWIM?

I don't know an answer to this, it just never occurred to me before.

Not in this case, but just in general....

I wonder how many kids in their mid-teens could get a baby to a hospital or fire station on their own? They're not driving yet, and I can't imagine boarding a bus to ride somewhere to drop off a baby when you've just given birth. KWIM?

I don't know an answer to this, it just never occurred to me before.

Call 911?
Call a friend who drives?
Call the school?
Walk to a neighbor's house?
I don't know either.

What I can't understand is how you can just walk away from a baby, leaving noone to take care of it.

I don't get that, either, Glitch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back