Hurricane Gustav

Will be praying everyone stays safe. This is some scary stuff!
Poco if you see this, are you changing your mind about cold weather and snow yet?

Will be praying everyone stays safe. This is some scary stuff!
Poco if you see this, are you changing your mind about cold weather and snow yet?

Nope, not yet Cubby - still gonna stay right here. We are supposedly safe with this one unless there is a drastic change. I figure if and when the time comes that we have to evacuate because of a 3+ or higher, I'm leaving with what I can fit in my car and if everything gets demolished, I won't be back. Don't know where I will be, but it won't be back here.

I live in Thibodaux La... I want all to know I am praying for all in the path of Hurricane Gustav... Please stay safe and let us all at WS know how you are during the hurricane.

Baby girl, my prayers are with you. YOU stay safe too!! The cone of uncertainty includes you, doesn't it?

cindy, all my "peeps" are in Houma/Morgan City. I'm staying in close contact with them; they just refuse to leave! Please be safe and stay dry!

My friends in MC are refusing to leave too, but I can't fuss too much, because I have no intentions of leaving my home. There is something so very final about evacuating your home......I'm saying I have no intentions of going, but my car is packed. If I absolutely HAVE to, I will. THEY are on the water, though! They should go now!

When Katrina hit, people had not gotten hotel/motel reservations early enough. I think that is why all hotel/motel rooms were reserved so far in advance here in north Louisiana.
I went yesterday afternoon to help get the Ike Hamilton Pavillion shelter supplied. It would be absolutely great if none of this will be needed, but not enough people were ready in Katrina. This time we will be better prepared.
My prayers are that this hurricane somehow dies out in the Gulf, and also prayers for South Louisiana people. We will be fine here in North Louisiana.

A dear friend of mine spent four hours on the phone this morning looking for a hotel room. Louisiana is pretty much booked, although I'm sure there are smaller hotels/motels/inns with rooms available. My friend ended up booking a room in Dallas. (Houston had rooms available, but Houston has flooding problems and depending on where this bugger comes ashore........)

Thank you so much for your help! I remember helping before and after hurricane Katrina, and let me tell you, your efforts are not unappreciated. We NEED people like you! My sister actually met her brand new husband at the Cajun Dome when it was open for evacuees.....My prayers are with yours....Gustav, GO AWAY.

My husband has boarded up our home, we've moved all "movables" onto our screened in back porch; our adult sons who live in apartments near the college and mobile homes/cheaper homes in areas that just might flood have moved their "essentials" to our house, and of course I made my husband put a hatchet in the attic! (But I've got to tell you, if it floods here, Louisiana will be completely underwater! I just told him to do that to pacify relatives out of state who believe Lafayette and New Orleans are synonymous.)

I'm joking here, I know. BUt this is serious, and my prayers are steadily going out for all who will suffer from this storm. Be a :chicken:: if you aren't SURE, get the HELL out of dodge!

Be prepared. Gas up your cars, pack your deeds/insurance policies/irreplacable family photos/photos of your furnishings/ PETS etc. Please don't leave a defenseless animal to fend for itself. Animals cannot chop holes in the attic, they cannot open canned food nor can they survive the kinds of heat we'll be facing without electricity and clean water to drink.

I can't believe ANYONE would leave a pet behind!

WS'er in the path of this one, check in here and keep in touch. We want to know you are all safe!

WS'er in the path of this one, check in here and keep in touch. We want to know you are all safe!

Well as of right now i am one, I know there are a few more. Hopefully I will have internet access where I am at because we are leaving early in the morning.

Well as of right now i am one, I know there are a few more. Hopefully I will have internet access where I am at because we are leaving early in the morning.

Please, keep in touch!! God bless you and stay safe!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Disaster Prevention should include:[/FONT]

Find Pet-Friendly hotels and motels.

AND RUN LIKE HELL....

As of 8 p.m. Saturday night EDT - looks like he is fixing to leave Cuba and head out into the warm waters of the Gulf!!! Maximum sustained winds are 150 mph.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/205743.shtml?5day#contents

Prayer's to all you in danger. This one's gonna a LULU and of it hits a 5, I don't think there's going to a New Orleans anymore.

xxxxxxxxxxoooooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

The AP wire at work reported it as becoming a Cat 5, which I then posted. They were obviously in error with their reporting, as usual. You are correct, it isn't one until tomorrow. We actually pay the AP to give us bad info, lol!

LOL, DK. Had to laugh at this. I'm keeping an eye on Gustav.

This thread is a good idea, Poco!

If anyone evacuating needs help in the Central TX area, let me know.

I'll be thinking of all in these next few days. :blowkiss:

Baby girl, my prayers are with you. YOU stay safe too!! The cone of uncertainty includes you, doesn't it?

Yes dear, we are under mandatory evacuation for the entire parish (LaFourche) so we are getting things together to leave in next couple of hours, we are going to stay with family in Alabama. Please everyone stay safe, saying prayers for all of y'all it is so hard having to leave "home" and not knowing what you will have when you return.

Prayers are with those who may be affected by Gustav. Stay safe.

LOL, DK. Had to laugh at this. I'm keeping an eye on Gustav.

I'm sure you've experienced it yourself, lol. There are quite a few days were we ask "why are we paying them, again?" I'm sure it a difficult job, with lots of multi-tasking.

uhaG_2_640x480.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back