Clarification Thread - Fact vs. Fiction

The reason I don't think he saw anything like that is because he told LE that casey was reluctant to let him get in the trunk. He told LE that he insisted on opening the trunk himself even though Casey kept insisting that she would do it. He was suspicious of her behavior.
So, if he wanted to throw suspicion away from this meeting he would have just said, I went in the trunk and found the gas cans. Why would he tell them about Casey's suspicious behavior? I think he was totally honest about the 24th because he gave them potentially damaging information.

The reason I don't think he saw anything like that is because he told LE that casey was reluctant to let him get in the trunk. He told LE that he insisted on opening the trunk himself even though Casey kept insisting that she would do it. He was suspicious of her behavior.
So, if he wanted to throw suspicion away from this meeting he would have just said, I went in the trunk and found the gas cans. Why would he tell them about Casey's suspicious behavior? I think he was totally honest about the 24th because he gave them potentially damaging information.
I disagree,
In Georges mind he may have thought he was giving Casey an alibi.

If there ever is a trial George can testify that he was in the trunk of the car on the 24th & there was no decomposition odor. The Anthonys are already suggesting that somebody used the car after it was towed.

I have a few questions also.

Does anybody know if George went to work on the 24th & if so at what time?

What time does he say he had this encounter with Casey?

The reason I ask is because it seems odd that he would want to "Rotate Casey's Tires" shortly before he went to work....

imo

I always imagined that if Casey had tried to dispose of Caylee in one of the lakes, she'd need something heavy to weigh down the body/bag (although I still favour the 'body in a bag into the dumpster' scenario)

In an old thread, someone was eluding to missing pavers ... but was this ever substantiated?

Just curious.

I disagree,
In Georges mind he may have thought he was giving Casey an alibi.

If there ever is a trial George can testify that he was in the trunk of the car on the 24th & there was no decomposition odor. The Anthonys are already suggesting that somebody used the car after it was towed.

I have a few questions also.

Does anybody know if George went to work on the 24th & if so at what time?

What time does he say he had this encounter with Casey?

The reason I ask is because it seems odd that he would want to "Rotate Casey's Tires" shortly before he went to work....

imo
Why do you think he would cast suspicion on the very event that was supposed to provide an alibi?
Doesn't make sens imo.

Why do you think he would cast suspicion on the very event that was supposed to provide an alibi?
Doesn't make sens imo.

Maybe he thought the prosecution would ask him:

"So, Casey just let you open the trunk freely, without protest, knowing she had evidence of stolen property from your shed in there?"

So he made up the fact that she did protest him entering the trunk. He was, in effect, saying "Yes, she was guilty but not of having a body in the trunk".

I don't know and have no opinion one way or the other but I do feel this story sounds a little off. I have no idea what his reasoning would be for giving it though.

Another poster (JamesBond?) proposed that LE get the IP address of her June 24th facebook post made at the same time George said she was at the house and this would tell whether she was really there or not. I think it is a good idea. If she made the post from TonE's apt. then George's story is false. No way she was two places at once.

Maybe he thought the prosecution would ask him:

"So, Casey just let you open the trunk freely, without protest, knowing she had evidence of stolen property from your shed in there?"

So he made up the fact that she did protest him entering the trunk. He was, in effect, saying "Yes, she was guilty but not of having a body in the trunk".

I don't know and have no opinion one way or the other but I do feel this story sounds a little off. I have no idea what his reasoning would be for giving it though.

Another poster (JamesBond?) proposed that LE get the IP address of her June 24th facebook post made at the same time George said she was at the house and this would tell whether she was really there or not. I think it is a good idea. If she made the post from TonE's apt. then George's story is false. No way she was two places at once.
I think Casey did a lot of her posting on her phone, so I am not quite sure how that will pan out. She could post from anywhere. I do :)
I still think George would have squashed any notion that there was withholding on Casey's part or suspicious behavior. I mean look at the scrutiny on this board because he divulged this information. All he had to say was he went in the trunk on his own and she didn't have an opportunity to protest. I only mean it is odd that he would make an issue out of an event that is supposed to be benign.

Doesn't make sens imo.

After Casey was arrested and she became a suspect in Caylees disapearence GA had to know that people would suspect Casey for stealing the Gas cans & assume the worse because the police report was already on record

I think his story about seeing the gas cans in Caseys trunk.
was simply damage control -

He can now say that there was no decomp odor on the 24th

The reason why that statement becomes so important is that eliminates every date up to that point as a possible date that Casey moved the body.

LE can not say that Caylee was in the trunk before the 24th because GA will refute that

George knows more than he is saying & hasn't been truthful

imo

Cindy said she did not see them after the 15th.
Does George say the only time he saw them was at 12:50 or was that the last time he saw them?
On Greta, GA says he watching his usual favorite cooking show on Monday, June 16. Casey and Caylee came out with their backpacks on, both hugged him and say goodbye. That was the last he saw CAYLEE. I don't know when the next time was that he saw Casey, but I'm pretty sure it was the 24th during the tug of war over who would get the gas cans out of the trunk.

Does anyone know what time GA left for work on the 24th & what time of the day it was that he removed the Gas cans from Casey's trunk?

And did Casey stay at home after GA left for work?

Transcripts from Greta's show:

CINDY ANTHONY: No, it’s June 15, Father’s Day, which was mistaken early on because, you know, I never even thought about what day Father’s Day was. I just — I knew it was a Sunday in June I had taken that video, and I knew that was the last day that I physically saw her, even though I knew where she was sleeping the next morning. My husband actually saw Caylee and Casey leave on the 16th of June.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. So the 15th is Sunday, Father’s Day. Everything’s normal, everything’s fine. The next morning is the last day that either you or George saw her. Do you remember about what time of day it was?

GEORGE ANTHONY: Oh, specifically. I remember it was 10 minutes to 1:00 on Monday the 16th.

VAN SUSTEREN: So in the middle of the afternoon or early afternoon.

GEORGE ANTHONY: Yes, it was shortly after the lunchtime hour. I was watching a favorite show I like to watch on TV, a news…

CINDY ANTHONY: Before you go to work.

GEORGE ANTHONY: Yes, it’s was a Food Channel thing I watched, so…

VAN SUSTEREN: And was it — you were watching here in the living room.

GEORGE ANTHONY: Right, and I was sitting right here, almost in the same spot, just watching it, and saw my granddaughter and my daughter come out, you know, with their backpacks and…

CINDY ANTHONY: Like any other day.

GEORGE ANTHONY: Just like a normal thing type thing.

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you know where they were headed with the backpacks?

GEORGE ANTHONY: My daughter said that she was going to work, dropping her daughter off at the nanny’s house, and that was it. I give them both hugs, kisses and saw them go out the door like a typical thing that they’ve — that she’s done.

VAN SUSTEREN: Nothing out of the ordinary?

GEORGE ANTHONY: Just smiles, hugs. Dad, we’ll see you tomorrow because I might be working a little bit late, type deal. And that was it.

On Greta, GA says he watching his usual favorite cooking show on Monday, June 16. Casey and Caylee came out with their backpacks on, both hugged him and say goodbye. That was the last he saw CAYLEE. I don't know when the next time was that he saw Casey, but I'm pretty sure it was the 24th during the tug of war over who would get the gas cans out of the trunk.
Hi St C. , yes that is correct. But my question was in response to someone saying that George hasn't talked about the morning of the 16th and wether he saw Caylee prior to her leaving that afternoon with Casey. I was only wondering if Geroge specifically says he did not see Caylee at all that morning until she left with Casey or if he was just recounting the last time he saw her in general.

Thanks guys! You're the best.

Here's another question....

Cindy says she saw Cindy & Caylee in the bedroom on the 16th.

Didn't Casey sleep over at Tony's place June 15??

If so, what time did she leave Tony's to go back home? Do we know?

Just trying to figure out if Cindy really saw them both before she left for work.

I'm just having a lot of trouble with the fact that nobody talks about Caylee's morning activities on the 16th. No eating, playing, washing, dressing..... it's very odd. It's as if she woke up, was dressed & was whisked straight out of the house. And yet, George goes into SO much detail about what they were both wearing?!
LIMom - Please see my post above where I include the Greta transcript where George states he saw Caylee and Casey on the 16th.

Transcripts from Greta's show:

CINDY ANTHONY: No, it’s June 15, Father’s Day, which was mistaken early on because, you know, I never even thought about what day Father’s Day was. I just — I knew it was a Sunday in June I had taken that video, and I knew that was the last day that I physically saw her, even though I knew where she was sleeping the next morning. My husband actually saw Caylee and Casey leave on the 16th of June.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. So the 15th is Sunday, Father’s Day. Everything’s normal, everything’s fine. The next morning is the last day that either you or George saw her. Do you remember about what time of day it was?

GEORGE ANTHONY: Oh, specifically. I remember it was 10 minutes to 1:00 on Monday the 16th.

VAN SUSTEREN: So in the middle of the afternoon or early afternoon.

GEORGE ANTHONY: Yes, it was shortly after the lunchtime hour. I was watching a favorite show I like to watch on TV, a news…

CINDY ANTHONY: Before you go to work.

GEORGE ANTHONY: Yes, it’s was a Food Channel thing I watched, so…

VAN SUSTEREN: And was it — you were watching here in the living room.

GEORGE ANTHONY: Right, and I was sitting right here, almost in the same spot, just watching it, and saw my granddaughter and my daughter come out, you know, with their backpacks and…

CINDY ANTHONY: Like any other day.

GEORGE ANTHONY: Just like a normal thing type thing.

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you know where they were headed with the backpacks?

GEORGE ANTHONY: My daughter said that she was going to work, dropping her daughter off at the nanny’s house, and that was it. I give them both hugs, kisses and saw them go out the door like a typical thing that they’ve — that she’s done.

VAN SUSTEREN: Nothing out of the ordinary?

GEORGE ANTHONY: Just smiles, hugs. Dad, we’ll see you tomorrow because I might be working a little bit late, type deal. And that was it.
But the question was and remains, did he see her before 12:50? thanks St, C.

LIMom - Please see my post above where I include the Greta transcript where George states he saw Caylee and Casey on the 16th.
LI_Mom is asking specifically about the activity in the home prior to 12:50. IOW, why didn't George see them until so late in the day.

Can you find the part about the 24th were GA tells the Gas can story? (greta)

I'm curious about what time GA leaves for work & what time his encounter with Casey took place becuase I want to know if he would infact have had enough time to rotate the tires when he asked for the tire wedge.

Can you find the part about the 24th were GA tells the Gas can story? (greta)

I'm curious about what time GA leaves for work & what time his encounter with Casey took place becuase I want to know if he would infact have had enough time to rotate the tires when he asked for the tire wedge.
Here's the link showing the actual videos of Greta's visit with C&G and if you scroll further down, you can read the transcript.http://cayleeanthony.wordpress.com/2008/08/06/george-and-cindy-anthony-speak-with-greta-transcript/

JBean - In response to one of the issues you brought up, Greta says (not asks) of the Anthony's, "so the last time either one of you saw Caylee was the 16th." I paraphrased it a little, but I took it to mean that neither G or C saw Caylee after 1:50 PM on Monday, the 16th since they did not contradict (sp?) Greta. What Casey and Caylee were doing earlier in the day, I dunno.

Sorry to interrupt this discussion.

But people seem to be asking clarifying questions here.

I've been searching on the timeline thread and can't determine WHO reported to the authorities that Caylee was missing? It seems that it was Cindy.

Am I right?

TIA

MomLady

Why is paternity still an issue? I doubt Caylee felt different without a man in her life. The dad (if there is one) has no holds on this case. Unless to peel her apart more(and judge her character), why do we really want to figure this out when while Caylee was alive she had many men that played that role (her grandfather and Jesse) I doubt Caylee felt jipped. And based on the last video that baby seemed just fine in our regular, middle class world.

Sorry to interrupt this discussion.

But people seem to be asking clarifying questions here.

I've been searching on the timeline thread and can't determine WHO reported to the authorities that Caylee was missing? It seems that it was Cindy.

Am I right?

TIA

MomLady

Yes, it was Cindy's second 911 call. Here's the transcripts:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...ale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

On the sidebar, there's links to the second and third calls. The third one includes Casey.

I think Casey did a lot of her posting on her phone, so I am not quite sure how that will pan out. She could post from anywhere. I do :)
I still think George would have squashed any notion that there was withholding on Casey's part or suspicious behavior. I mean look at the scrutiny on this board because he divulged this information. All he had to say was he went in the trunk on his own and she didn't have an opportunity to protest. I only mean it is odd that he would make an issue out of an event that is supposed to be benign.

They already have the cell phone records & can tell WHERE her phone was.

IF Cindy really told Casey about the gas cans.... did she also tell her I know you did it & you better bring them back home (maybe she added before I tell your father)?

So did Cindy tell George Casey had the cans & if she doesn't put them back he better be sure to get them himself?

I'm not the best googler by a long shot, and I've got some curiosity about just what sort of an attorney Jose Baez is. I can't find a thing! Nothing besides representing Casey, not an address or an advertisement in the local online yellow pages, no listing in Martindale-Hubbell directory. All I found is he's in Kissimmee.

Does anyone know anything about him? Is he the sort who uses diversionary-sort of tactics. I mean, he lets the parents be out of control which doesn't help his client. This psychic in Detroit out of the blue talking about Caylee. Cindy and her own tip line. It goes on and on. Who has he represented in the past? How did he come to be retained?

Is he the puppetmaster? And whatever became of that family spokesman?

TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back