Hurricane Ike and Topical Storm Hanna

someone shoot me now!!

It looks like it might strafe the entire east coast of Florida as a Cat 1 before making landfall around the Georgia state line, or in Georgia itself, as a Cat 2.

uhaH_2_640x480.gif

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hur...ove&stormNum=7

My aunt and uncle are in Florida- Bradenton. And I have cousins in Naples.

ZELMAJANE!

I live in Oriental, NC. It's kinda along the Pamlico Sound. Anyway, I'm so worried about Hanna - even if we don't get a direct hit (and that's still not out of the question) we'll get a heck of a lot of rain and wind - as you probably will also. I just hate the idea of packing everything away, moving four cats and a dog with us to another territory, or plain leaving my life behind. Of course, that's the price we pay for living where we do! Good luck to you and to me too!!

gaia:eek:

Oh my goodness, my brother and his family are located at the Ga/Fla state lines...

I couldn't get in touch with them for days during Gustav and now Hanna...

Prayers for all... Take good care...

The NHC forecast track map disagrees with Accuweather's, as this map has it making a beeline for S. Carolina, whereas Accuweather is closer to Florida and then landing near Georgia. Interesting.

Of course, that's the price we pay for living where we do! Good luck to you and to me too!!

gaia:eek:

I KNOW right!

As of right now, I may see the eye. I'm just north of Wilmington.

I sent all my pictures home with my Dad already.

Easley says "It's stupid and dangerous to stay once you've been told to evacuate," (According to WRAL).

I suppose I may have to be "stupid"

Good luck Gaia!!

Ike is now a Category 4 hurricane according to the AP wire.

Hurricane Ike exploded this evening from a tropical storm to a Category 4 hurricane that is expected to grow stronger.

The AccuWeather.com Hurricane Center reports that Hurricane Ike rapidly intensified today, reaching Category 4 strength this evening.

IkeWindow090308.jpg

Ike is now the third major hurricane of the 2008 season.

Ike continues to move to the west-northwest more than 610 miles northeast of the Leeward Islands, with winds near 135 mph.

The potent storm is expected to pass close to or even over the Leeward Islands on Friday, then near or over the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico on Saturday.

Ike has the greater potential to impact the U.S. than Tropical Storm Hanna. According to Expert Senior Meteorologist John Kocet, by Sunday Ike will be in a position close to where Hanna is Wednesday, and could reach the Southeast Coast by the middle of next week.

http://www.accuweather.com/news-top-headline.asp?partner=netweather&traveler=0&date=2008-09-03_22:20

My sister lives in Virginia Beach and just this summer got her back yard fixed up from the last hurricane. She is very upset about the damage Hanna might inflict and all the time and work involved afterwards.

CaliKid, are you talking about Hurrican Isabelle? I live in VA (Hampton Roads area) and that's the worse hurricane that I can remember. I don't even think it was a Hurricane 3.

I pass by a house on my way to work that still hasn't been repaired since then.

I think your sister will be okay. The news this morning said not too much flooding and that winds would be maybe 40-60. It's still scary thought because that can all change.

:eek:I hope Hanna doesn't plan on touring the east coast of florida, I just don't think I could handle it.
I know, BB, aren't you about tired of all this sheeit? Goodness, there is still alot of water here left from Fay!

OOOO, I remember Isabelle. Nasty storm. We are supposed to get some high winds and downpours this weekend, most likely Friday night into Saturday morning I hear now. I am more concerned about My parents who live in Delaware on the coast.

OOOO, I remember Isabelle. Nasty storm. We are supposed to get some high winds and downpours this weekend, most likely Friday night into Saturday morning I hear now. I am more concerned about My parents who live in Delaware on the coast.

If they live inland at all, they should be okay (I think)..... unless this think hits the coast further north than the carolinas.

Yes, I think it was Isabelle. It leveled all the trees in her neighborhood and infested her lawn with swamp grass.

My sister lives in Virginia Beach and just this summer got her back yard fixed up from the last hurricane. She is very upset about the damage Hanna might inflict and all the time and work involved afterwards.

Calikid, I am in Louisiana and got all of the backlash from Hurricane Gustav. Flooded streets, trees down, had lost electricity, etc., so I do respect weather!

My granddaughter is stationed at Langley AFB which is right there at Virginia Beach - actually Hampton, Va. Her husband is at Ft. Bragg, N.C.! She is in the Air Force and he is in the Army!

I say prayers for your sister! Even a tropical storm can cause damage. I do hope she gets in supplies! I didn't because I thought we would have no problem - but we did! There were 2 trees down in my yard and lots of limbs. Maybe Hanna will peter out. Regardless, everyone in Hanna's path are in my prayers and thoughts!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back