2008.09.05 Child's Backpack, Ammonia & Bleach Bottles F

bunnyphoenix1

Former Member
Reaction score
According to David Lohr at the Discovery Channel's blog, he was part of a search team in a "high priority area" today and they located a child's backpack, and amonia & bleach bottles. It is not known yet if they are relevant. But it is interesting, because apparently a poisonous gas is formed when you mix bleach & amonia....so, someone made poisonous gas in that area for some reason. Could be lots of reasons I suppose???

Shortly after beginning the search, my team did make two interesting finds, although it remains unclear if either is relevant to the investigation.

The first find consisted of two plastic bottles - bleach and clear ammonia - that had been discarded together next to a dirt trail. On the opposite end of that same trail, another team member found a child size book bag that was blue with a pink heart.

We flagged both discoveries and notified law enforcement of their whereabouts.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/09/caylee-anthon-2.html?cid=129323596#comments

It's a very interesting find, but the bookbag doesn't match the description of Caylee's backpack. It's scary though that another child could've been harmed! :eek:

It's a very interesting find, but the bookbag doesn't match the description of Caylee's backpack. It's scary though that another child could've been harmed! :eek:

Do we know she only had 1 backpack? Who gave the description? Just George?? Anyone outside the Anthony family? I can't imagine anyone mixing those chemicals for fun, but perhaps it's related to a different crime. Obviously not a suicide or they would have found a body. Would somone maybe want to kill birds or something with it?

Why make the assumption that they were purposefully mixed to make chlorine gas? Ammonia and bleach are very, very, very common and *cheap* cleaning products...

Probably some prank, the details were released yesterday, maybe somebody was like dude that would be so funny if..blah blah

Why make the assumption that they were purposefully mixed to make chlorine gas? Ammonia and bleach are very, very, very common and *cheap* cleaning products...

Why and what would they be cleaning out in the swamp?

I don't think it's common to see "cheap" cleaning products in the middle of nowhere...not where i live anyhow.

According to LE, it's in an area where her phone pinged and/or she was seen.

poisonous gas? more like explosive lol

Probably some prank, the details were released yesterday, maybe somebody was like dude that would be so funny if..blah blah

WOW. That would be AWFUL... wow wow wow. What an idea. That is just awful.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but if you'd gone to the link you'd see this stuff was found today.

I thought the searchers were supposed to keep the location and what, if anything they find, confidential...much less taking pics and posting them

According to David Lohr at the Discovery Channel's blog, he was part of a search team in a "high priority area" today and they located a child's backpack, and amonia & bleach bottles. It is not known yet if they are relevant. But it is interesting, because apparently a poisonous gas is formed when you mix bleach & amonia....so, someone made poisonous gas in that area for some reason. Could be lots of reasons I suppose???

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/09/caylee-anthon-2.html?cid=129323596#comments

Wow...pretty interesting! Not so sure someone was intentionally trying to make a poisonous gas though. They could have just had those two cleaning supplies out there (which is odd in itself). I know people who accidentally mix those when cleaning and doing laundry at home and have gotten sick.

I thought the searchers were supposed to keep the location and what, if anything they find, confidential...much less taking pics and posting them

He is there for the Discovery Channel....maybe they made special arrangements for him to cover the story.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but if you'd gone to the link you'd see this stuff was found today.

i mean the chloroform info was released right before these are found, some dumb people could've planted them and thought it'd be funny to watch it on the news ETA: Not that I don't want these to be related(of couse I do cuz that would mean we are getting closer) but I'm saying, I'm not getting excited yet cuz stupid peopl do exist in this world and might do something to "be funny" and not realize that it's not funny at all.

i mean the chloroform info was releasedright before these are found, some dumb people could've planted them and thought it'd be funny to watch it on the news

Possible, but pretty unlikely I'd think. You could write off every find they make that way. I guess there are also all sorts of people digging up their dogs and putting them in the search area too?? Just for a laugh?...jeez, I sure would hope not.

Anyhow, does anyone know where the backpack description comes from? If only the Anthony's, I wouldn't say it's necessarily a true description. IMOO

I've been wondering about the back pack myself. Originally George said it had monkeys on it then they said her Dora Explorer back pack was in the car. Is it the same one? I know Dora has a monkey friend.

poisonous gas? more like explosive lol

Well not really explosive but REALLY bad! LOL
I actually did this once by accident. My friend and I were cleaning some rental property we have and she had poured bleach into a bucket of water. Not knowing this I came along behind her and poured ammonia in the bucket. Fumes started coming out of it almost like smoke & it immediately became very hard to breathe. We held our breath and ran out of the house! LOL
It didnt explode but it was very toxic. Just thought i'd share that little bit! :crazy:

Also, I hope the items found today are relevant to this case but I'm not getting my hopes up.

An accidental mix of bleach and Mr. Clean put me in the hospital with an asthma attack. Mr. Clean has ammonia in it. The second these two chemicals are mixed there are toxic fumes and you cannot get away from them fast enough to protect yourself.

I will look through the pix we have to see if the backpack matches, although CA deleted a lot of pix according to one of the threads. Can't remember where now though.

Possible, but pretty unlikely I'd think. You could write off every find they make that way. I guess there are also all sorts of people digging up their dogs and putting them in the search area too?? Just for a laugh?...jeez, I sure would hope not.

Anyhow, does anyone know where the backpack description comes from? If only the Anthony's, I wouldn't say it's necessarily a true description. IMOO

It's not writing off the find to say that it could have been planted based off of the timing. How do you equate the dog remains? This is something that has been in the media chloroform = bleach + ammonia just released, and now magic bleach and ammonia found... can't you see the coincidence in the timing of the finding? Could be related or not, I'm just saying I'm skeptical of it.

It's not writing off the find to say that it could have been planted based off of the timing. How do you equate the dog remains? This is something that has been in the media chloroform = bleach + ammonia just released, and now magic bleach and ammonia found... can't you see the coincidence in the timing of the finding? Could be related or not, I'm just saying I'm skeptical of it.

Bleach and ammonia= Acme-do-it-yourself mustard gas.
Bleach and ACETONE= chloroform.

Bleach and ammonia= Acme-do-it-yourself mustard gas.
Bleach and ACETONE= chloroform.

I'm definately no chemist. I had heard the acetone thing, oh wait was it that it can be made by bleach and acetone or chlorine and ammonia? I think my reading is coming back to me. I get all my stuff off of 24/hr ws stalking.:crazy:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbidlittlemind
Back