3:45 am cops search georges trunk PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a condition that her father can't keep his gun if she's in the home ?
What are the laws regarding concealment in Florida ? In many states you can keep a gun in your glove box or purse. And, did he have it the last time she was out ? If so, they're a little late. If it's registered they should have known that a long time ago.
I don't think it was in the wheel well, but where the spare tire is. That seems like a pretty safe place to keep it. With all the threats against them, I can understand why he feels he might need it.
She has a right to bond, just like anybody else. If someone makes the decision to hurt her, it is their fault, not hers. It's unfortunate that a lot of LE and military lean towards the government having total control of the citizens while they retain all the power.
Regardless of my feelings towards CA, I want her to have every right that a citizen is entitled to and I would think that due to your affiliation with the military, you would to.
Or should I stop believing that the military exists to protect it's citizens and their rights ?

Yes, it IS a condition that there are to be no guns, and it's a condition that George willingly agreed to. This is not in any way a trampling of his rights. He AGREED to the condition. Now, I can understand why he might want some protection, but that's something he had to consider in deciding whether to agree to the bond conditions. Since he agreed to it, he has to follow the rules -- he can either have the gun or he can have Casey.

Regardless what anyone's position is about gun control or the right to bear arms, the law IS what it IS at any given point in time, and we all have to follow it.

You were extremely rude to Nurse and her husband and offensive to our entire military with that nasty comment. Because GA's gun is retrieved pursuant to the law and conditions HE himself agreed to, somehow LE and military -- including Nurse and her husband -- don't give a hoot about citizens' rights?!?

That's an incredibly illogical "if...then" conclusion on your part, and an uncalled for insult towards a fellow poster and her family who have no doubt sacrificed so that you have the right to sit here and insult them. Think about that! :mad:

I am of the opinion that GA doesn't have any business with a gun, with his daughter confined to the house while out on restricted bond or otherwise. He's proven that he is unstable by lashing out violently at bystanders and threatening to "knock down" reporters who don't get out of his way. He went after "umbrella dude" and umbrella dude did nothing to provoke GA's attack. Some of what I've seen him do make me wonder about that RUMOR that GA threw his Dad through a plate glass window.
People who keep their mouths shut, say nothing, and then just eventually explode DON'T need guns. That's how innocent people get killed.

Then what was the point ?
If casey knew the gun was there or was a part of concealing it, she would be in violation. but i am assuming that George self reported the gun and he probably assumed that hidden outside of the house the gun could be in compliance. this is just a big zero.

My little brother is out on parole, but was once out on bond, and it was the same for him as well. I had to get rid of my handgun in order for him to be able to stay with us. Kind of the same thing here I'm guessing -- just wondering why the heck it took LEO's so long to get it?

At least they did it in the wee hours of the morning -- rather than make a big spectacle out of it; they don't seem to want to put too much unneeded stress on the family and the neighbors. Beliefs or not (and I'm not going in to mine right now), LE's gotta' be careful that they don't break any laws for fear of getting this thrown out due to a good lawyer when it's finally played out.

God willing it ends Disney-esque; more likely than not, though, they're playing their cards right to have a Justified conclusion in court.

*sigh* I wish I could tear myself away from this case.

[First post btw! Been reading for about a week straight though.]

So it seems to me that this seems kind of incidental, for lack of a better word. That would be why there wasn't much 'care' taken when searching the trunk. It really wasn't evidence but a violation of Casey's bond and so they chose to remove it instead of making it a bigger deal. IMO.

Yes, it IS a condition that there are to be no guns, and it's a condition that George willingly agreed to. This is not in any way a trampling of his rights. He AGREED to the condition. Now, I can understand why he might want some protection, but that's something he had to consider in deciding whether to agree to the bond conditions. Since he agreed to it, he has to follow the rules -- he can either have the gun or he can have Casey.

agree 100%

So, why in the H, would they go looking for a gun in George's car at 4 a.m. in the morning????????????

Stay tuned for the next dramatic turn in this case...........

or maybe it would be more fitting to say.............

You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!

I read on one of the tv stations websites that there had been "reports"between the hours of 12am and 1am Saturday morning about GA having a gun in his car... I wonder who made those calls. Wouldn't you think not too many people knew about the gun being in the car??

agree 100%

Can you please provide a link to the docs that have the specific conditions of Casey's bond ? I've looked and can't find them but thought they were posted somewhere.
Thanks

Chic, no jailbird can be connected to guns.
edit to add: unless their full freedom has been returned to them. There's a Florida gun law link on the 1st thread, it's good. I can look for it or you can, same difference. I've read it and I'm tired, I can just tell you it's on the 1st thread.

I read on one of the tv stations websites that there had been "reports"between the hours of 12am and 1am Saturday morning about GA having a gun in his car... I wonder who made those calls. Wouldn't you think not too many people knew about the gun being in the car??

I read this in the media thread, tks to whiteangora,

Gun Taken From Anthony Home

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/9/6/evidence_taken_from_george_anthony39s_car.html

Can't someone be charged for this? George? Shouldn't George know better?

Hell, they can't even have access to crossbows, bow & arrows, or "professional grade slingshots". No projectile weaponry what-so-ever.

I posted this on the fact vs. fiction thread, but it's kind of a dead thread at the moment.... Was George Anthony alone when he removed the rotting pizza from the trunk at the tow yard? Someone in another post had insinuated that he was with a worker from the two yard, was he?

Can you please provide a link to the docs that have the specific conditions of Casey's bond ? I've looked and can't find them but thought they were posted somewhere.
Thanks

From my knowledge that is a condition for EVERY bond given to ANY criminal. This isn't a personalized rule just for Casey.

The same way that convicted felons cannot be in possesion of a firearm no matter who they are, criminals out on bond cannot have such a weapon on the premises for safety resons. While she hasn't been found guilty in the court of law, she has charges against her and that is enough to place these rules while she's "free".

I posted this on the fact vs. fiction thread, but it's kind of a dead thread at the moment.... Was George Anthony alone when he removed the rotting pizza from the trunk at the tow yard? Someone in another post had insinuated that he was with a worker from the two yard, was he?

it wasn't insinuated, it was on the record that a worker was with George when GA opened the car trunk. The worker spoke about the smell being like a suicide victim's car he smelled.

From David Lohr at the Discovery Channel, who is taking part in the search...

There have been a lot of rumors circulating today about items that were allegedly removed from George Anthony's vehicle. I have not been able to get any official verification, so for now I am not going to post any of those rumors. Instead, I will let you know when I am able to get a credible source to fill me in on the details.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/09/caylee-anthon-4.html

The 400+ pages I read said it was GA, Cindy, and the tow yard employee.

Anthony family rights have been protected fiercely. How dare anyone suggest LE is not? That's downright slander. Anyone who thinks this family is in anyway being victimized is on someone's payroll and here to agitate. IN MY OPIONION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam