You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

QuickAttack

Former Member
Reaction score
1) You lose power because of a hurricane, and immediately upon getting the generator fired up, you log onto websleuths to beg people to PM you to keep you updated.

2) Your kids say, "What's for dinner?" and you point toward the Honeycombs cereal box.

3) You grab a quick shower, but shaving your legs is too time-consuming...you can do that later.

OK...list yours. :)

1) You fake sick so that you don't have to go visiting the elderly on the weekend...(guilty)

2) You say that you are waiting on an important phone call as the reason you cannot run any errands (guilty)

3) You do take those showers, forget or not take time to shave your legs, and your kids complain about the stubbly! (guilty)

4) Your kids already know what is for dinner two days earlier!
(guilty)

5) Intimacy? Are you kidding me, and miss Casey going to jail? lol (guilty)

1) You fake sick so that you don't have to go visiting the elderly on the weekend...(guilty)

2) You say that you are waiting on an important phone call as the reason you cannot run any errands (guilty)

3) You do take those showers, forget or not take time to shave your legs, and your kids complain about the stubbly! (guilty)

(guilty)

OMG! I'm guilty of your 2, and fell off my chair laughing at your 5.

:eek: :laugh:

1. You do your food shopping piecemeal. One or two items yesterday, one or two items today, and probably one or two items tomorrow. It takes too much time and concentration on the mundane is not possible.

2. You have to stop yourself from approaching strangers on the street and asking them if they are following the case.

(guilty)

Yeah, you totally got me on number five. I have to be made to come to bed lately.

1. You do your food shopping piecemeal. One or two items yesterday, one or two items today, and probably one or two items tomorrow. It takes too much time and concentration on the mundane is not possible.

2. You have to stop yourself from approaching strangers on the street and asking them if they are following the case.

Yep and yep!

1 You tell people you are working (uh oh don't we know someone else who did this?)
2 You gain 5lbs in 5 weeks because you have to snack since you no longer cook
3 You have bed sores from sitting for hours at a time
4 You stop wearing make up on the rare occasion that you leave the house
5 Your friends roll their eyes and sigh when you mention the case
6 Your friends tell you that you are no longer allowed to say "sociopath"

ROFLMAO I am sooo guilty of this one. HUbby still hasn't lived down the fact that I missed seeing Casey get arrested live on TV cause I intentionally got away for 20 minutes to talk to him, and that is when it ALL went down. So he knows better now LOL

How about:

Ummm Mom, I need to do some research for a paper at school, can I use the laptop?
NO, the city bus comes at (blank):30 and goes directly in front of the library, here's 2 bucks a dollar there and a dollar back, oh no wait here's $4 take your little sister with you and do your paper while she's in the reading room?

(FYI Kids are teens and would rather be at the library which has a Coffee shop and food than be home watching Mom watch a webcam)

1. You have one window open for websleuths
2. Another one open for the live web cam
3. Another one open to the guy driving around in his car (forgot this name)
and when your husband comes in the room you tell him your "working"

How about:

Ummm Mom, I need to do some research for a paper at school, can I use the laptop?
NO, the city bus comes at (blank):30 and goes directly in front of the library, here's 2 bucks a dollar there and a dollar back, oh no wait here's $4 take your little sister with you and do your paper while she's in the reading room?

(FYI Kids are teens and would rather be at the library which has a Coffee shop and food than be home watching Mom watch a webcam)

:clap::clap::clap:
I just brought out the 1970's encyclopedias! No way you are taking my laptop!

You have to turn your phone off during the day because you've been up all night on WS and have to sleep sometime. Then when people inquire as to why they can't reach you in the afternoon, you have to lie and say that you've been having a lot of problems with the phone.

1. Your 12 & 5 year old are in bed by 6 pm.
2. You fall asleep w/ laptop in bed and upon wakening, you have a pretty severe burn on your arm from rolling over onto the box thingy on the power cord that gets too hot. Yes, I did this.
3. All of your friends think you are crazy and you think they are stupid for not knowing what or who you are talking about.
4. you are up at 4 am doing laundry so your kids have clean underwear for the day because you couldnt be bothered to leave the computer the night before.

YES, I AM ADDICTED!!

When you finally pull away from WS at 2:30 AM and head to bed only to realize you stripped the bed and you end up sleeping on a bare mattress! :(

You've never really ever had much to do with a computer or typing before this case, but within just two weeks you have developed carpal tunnel.

1 You tell people I'm too busy to do anything outside the house

2 You are late 3 days in a row picking your child up at school. ( 10th grade not itty bitty)

3 you tell friends if you speak agin I WILL DUCT TAPE YOUR MOUTH.

4 yOU EVEN HAVE YOUR ADULT CHILDREN CALLING YOU WITH UPDATES

1. You find yourself in a two hour long debate about whether something looks like an elbow or a teddy bear and all of a sudden you snap out of it and say "whoa... who am I?"

2. Someone says "haven't you seen the weather, a storm is coming" And you say "hmmm it's sunny at the Anthonys" (I'm in CT)

3. You move the Netgear three feet away from you because you're trying to squeeze just a little more bandwidth out of it to run those two webcams, 3 streaming newscasts and numerous open websleuth threads all at the same time...

You have to turn your phone off during the day because you've been up all night on WS and have to sleep sometime. Then when people inquire as to why they can't reach you in the afternoon, you have to lie and say that you've been having a lot of problems with the phone.

LOL! Ditto on this one!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77