REVISIT Possible Reasons Purse/Work Bag in the Car

SuzieClue and seekingjustice**, both of you have very good points. First, she obviously was not good at thinking things all the way through. Sort of 'Lying by the seat of your pants". That is so appropriate for Casey!!! I guess that explains the stupid story she gave about an nanny called Zanny.

Also, she did not expect this to be an 'international incident'. She never realized how big this would get. But she was so WRONG!!!!! When it comes to a missing child, people all over the world will become involved. Children represent innocence in this world and that is what is so precious to so many. She also thought the family would take care of her mess, and probably still does.

But these stories that she has told is the reason this case is so hard to figure out....just too bizarre!!!

Yup. I've thought about this alot. I think Casey just didn't have much capacity for planning. She was most afraid of her mother and so she just kept putting off the performance...and putting it off...and putting it off...until it no longer made any sense so she had to shoot from the hip with a new story. What's worse is it appears that she actually thinks that you can get a "do-over" in these things and that she can now just make up a new story to weave in some kind of kidnapping at Jay Blanchard Park. Sorry chick. This is not a video game and you're not three years old...no "do-overs" in the real world.

The part that I can't get past is the cold-bloodedness that this scenario requires on Casey's part. I just can't think like that. I'm old and I don't have any children but I cry when my dogs get "quicked" cutting their nails. To imagine how that girl's mind works just fries my brain.

George --> :Banane36: :Banane31::Banane31::Banane31::Banane31:

Casey --> :eek:nline: c-h-l-o-r-o-f-o-r-m

Good points about Casey putting it off.

I put off things that are unpleasant so that actually makes sense to me.

I think she just tossed it (the purse ) aside. It's not like she had any money in it. OH YEAH- i forgot about that phantom paycheck from Universal.

Yeah, but those "ghost paychecks" can just kind of follow you into your next purse, right?

My daughter is always leaving tons of stuff in her car ...i call it the city dump ....not alot of food but just about any thing else you can think of ...maybe thats how casey is about her mom's car .......but i firmly believe that caylee was already dumped by the time she dumped the car ...it was getting to the point she was getting sick driving it around it smelled so bad ....couldnt take it home to mom ...so leave it to get stolen or towed away ...she didnt care ...MOM had made her mad talking about taking caylee away from her ...threathing her. Casey would show her no more caylee to take away. not going to control her life anymore.... i think she had gotten rid of caylee ..... and that could be a million and one places to be honest...and the car was the last thing cus it smelled bad.

1. Someone took her car without her knowledge
2. make it look like someone stole your car
3. hope someone steals your identity
4. just bought a new purse at target to match with your new checkbook you stole from your friend.

I like #4

If the car is out of gas, it's kinda hard to steal it.

I'm just saying....

Maybe she wasn't ready to disappear yet?

She was still in contact with her mother and telling her mom lies to keep her mom from reporting the car stolen. It sounds like Cindy was threatening to do that.

Maybe she thought before she "disappeared" she could get Tony hooked and talked into going away with her where he wouldn't hear about her "disappearance"? Or she thought she'd be able to talk Tony into not saying anything with some stupid story.

Maybe she parked the car there because her mom said she was going to report the care and maybe? the purse wasn't even hers? and mom didn't know that, or she bought a new purse which was in the bags from target?
I give up trying to figure this hot shot out! hehe

This car thing reminds me of the Seinfeld episode "The Smelly Car."

http://www.tbs.com/stories/story/0,,69117,00.html

Jerry's car contracted this awful smell that he couldn't remove. At the end he abandoned it in a bad section of town, unlocked with the keys on the seat.

I wonder if KC had recently seen that episode?

I think that Casey kept most of the items that were important to her in her "backpack" and not in a purse like most women. Also, I think we are all looking over the fact that there would have been nothing of any value in Casey's purse in all probability. I mean, she had no money, and if there was any acredit cards, then they belonged to G or C and so why would she worry about those? She did not even have a valid drivers permit. She had no college ID-she had none of the "important" documents that most of us would carry in our purse that make us so protective of it. Add to THAT the fact that if the purse was one that had been sitting in the car then it very likely did smell of decomp, and she was trying to get that "smell" out of her life, so to speak. I think that she had plans of going "underground" and that she believed when her parents discovered the car that they would believe SHE was missing and had come to harm, and with the dead body smell in the car, she thought this just might work if she just disappeared...BUT she did not count on her mom FINDING HER and DRAGGING HER HOME...so she had to come up with some alternate theories on the way home...

She purposely left the purse and keys in the car. She may be mentally ill but she's not stupid. It is a good defense. ZFG stole her car and they killed Calyee and left her body in the truck, dumped Caylee in the dumpster and Casey had to make a run for it because she would have been next, therefore leaving her purse in the car. Just an idea as to why Casey left crap in the car.

Didn't some searchers run across some items that could have been in a purse along side a slope? I know I read that somewhere, it may have been on the psyhics site.

I think she wanted someone to steal the car--that would solve a lot of problems--the thief would be blamed for any evidence found in the trunk & it would be much harder to link Casey to the evidence.

I think she left her purse in the car so when she used a credit card or stolen check to pay for the groceries she would have an excuse for not having any ID with her. Two bags of groceries - the clerk would let her through if the store was busy. She then, probably called TonE on her way back to the car but he showed up before she could get the purse out. She didn't want to open the car door and risk the chance that TonE would smell the smell, so she just left it and jumped in his car with the groceries, creating an elaborate story about her dad coming to get the car and get TonE thinking about something else.

That's my theory. Don't think is was intentional, except for the ID at the store part.

Salem

My understanding is that the keys were NOT in the car....just the purse....

Purse in car = more motive to break in and steal car sitting on Amscot lot.

I agree. As I've said to my own son, "don't leave anything in clear sight inside the car that would be appetizing to a passerby"-in other words, don't throw raw meat in front of a tiger and expect it to ignore the come on.
A perfect invitation to steal it or at least break in so 'someone else' could be blamed for the trunk findings.

About Casey leaving her purse in that abandoned car...my 2 nieces,one 18 yrs old,the other 22 years old,are notorious for leaving their purses in their unlocked cars when they get out and shop,,stop to eat,etc.They have been warned and warned by us. Finally,one got the entire purse stolen,the other only antibiotics were stolen. So it is a very common thing I know my self and know from others that these young firls and women do. However,with Casey I wouldn't be so sure. Only the backpack might explain that away.

My opinion on the purse has always been that Casey's intent was for Casey to dissappear too. The murder victim that was found at Blanchard Park, her car was found, parked, purse in the front seat. I have wondered if Casey didn't plan to leave the car at BP, but actually ran out of gas at Amscott.

Casey mentions BP so many times, she mentions that her mother didn't want her jogging there anymore after the other girls body was found, she was well aware of the case. Car found, forensics may or may not show Caylee is deceased, Casey nowhere to be found, Casey now a missing person rather than a POI. She may have had neither the money or wherewithall to actually dissappear. Or kept spending one more night with TL and planning to go "tomorrow" that opportunity dissappeared when Cindy drug her home and called the police instead of "give me more night, you can see Caylee in the morning".

The Blanchard Park info. is pertinent information that I had not known of before. The only alteration to this scenario for me would be the absence of Caylee's body from the trunk, as Casey already took it somewhere else. There have been purses stolen out of the unlocked cars when people are picking children up from the daycare I use. I also think it was a lure or ruse.

If the car is out of gas, it's kinda hard to steal it.

I'm just saying....

I don't think its been confirmed that it WAS out of gas - I speculate that it was her excuse for leaving it there. Also, the excuse that she gave that the gas gauge was faulty plays in to this lie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back