Madeleine Spotted In Majorca?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caledoniaquine

Inactive
Reaction score
Detectives searching for Madeleine McCann are investigating a sighting of the little girl on a beach in Majorca.

Madeleine vanished from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz

A British couple claim they saw the youngster with two women at Cala d'Or, in the south east of the island.

They went to their hotel to check internet pictures of Madeleine and were certain it was her.

But when they returned to the beach there was no sign of the girl, who was three when she vanished in Portugal on May 3 last year.

Police on the island have launched a search of nearby hotels and holiday apartments.

Clarence Mitchell, family spokesman for the McCanns, thanked the couple for reporting the sighting.

He told Sky News Online that detectives employed by the Madeleine Fund are investigating.

He added: "Kate and Gerry are very grateful to the British couple concerned, however we can't go into any further detail until our investigators have checked out the report."

He stressed that the two doctors would not build up their hopes, because there had been many sightings of their daughter which had come to nothing.

Madeleine disappeared from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz while her parents Kate and Gerry dined with friends in a nearby restaurant

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...tish_Couple_Spot_Missing_Youngster_In_Majorca

While I have always leaned on the side of McCann guilt and Maddie being dead, I did always get very hopeful when there were sightings.

Since I saw the video of those cadaver dogs, I no longer hold any hope that Madeleine is alive. Color me a skeptic and cynic, but my initial reaction upon hearing news of this sighting was "wonder which of the McCann friends and associates were paid to throw out this red herring."

Beyond my cynacism, the truth is that this sighting could easily be a well-meaning couple who saw a cute, blonde little girl and imagined it was Maddie. Other than the colobama (which would only be noticed close-up) Maddie had no distinguishing features, per say. She was an adorable child who looked like a lot of other adorable little girls in her same age range.

This is one of those stories that makes me go "Arghhh!"

If they thought this was Maddie, why didn't they follow the people back to a hotel? Why didn't they call the police? Why didn't they strike up a conversation to see what the people would say? Time wasted if it really was Madeleine.

I believe she's gone also, so this is going to be another false lead. Sorry, but so far that has been true every time.

If they thought this was Maddie, why didn't they follow the people back to a hotel? Why didn't they call the police? Why didn't they strike up a conversation to see what the people would say? Time wasted if it really was Madeleine.

I believe she's gone also, so this is going to be another false lead. Sorry, but so far that has been true every time.

ITA! It baffles me how people "see" Madeleine then leave her with her captors to disappear again!
We will probably hear that these are two doctors from near Leicestershire in due course! Sorry for the cynicism but I am afraid that noone will ever see Madeleine again, it is my opinion that she died on the 3rd May in Apartment 5A!

ITA! It baffles me how people "see" Madeleine then leave her with her captors to disappear again!
We will probably hear that these are two doctors from near Leicestershire in due course! Sorry for the cynicism but I am afraid that noone will ever see Madeleine again, it is my opinion that she died on the 3rd May in Apartment 5A!

Agreed.

"Oh, look, that child is Madeleine McCann! Let's go back to our hotel and call it in."

And of course, once the couple went back to the hotel to check and make sure from internet photos they were THEN and ONLY THEN sure that it was Madeleine. Not to mention the fact that those photos are now--at the very least--a year old. Look at photos of 3 and 4 year olds and then look at kindergarteners. A whole lot of changes start taking shape in their faces--they lose the proverbial "baby fat" as they start to grow taller, they begin to lose teeth, etc. I look at lots of children's photos either in school official records or when they bring in things like their "All about me" posters and anybody looking for Madeleine based on some of those old photos wouldn't find her. (For starters, who thinks she'd still have that bob hair cut?)

Cadaver dog evidence aside, it's interesting that the McCanns never put out photos of how Madeleine would look with different hair or even now, a slightly aged progression photo.

We're supposed to all be looking for a five year old child, based on three year old photos? Did I get that right? :confused:

Detectives searching for Madeleine McCann are investigating a sighting of the little girl on a beach in Majorca.

Madeleine vanished from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz

A British couple claim they saw the youngster with two women at Cala d'Or, in the south east of the island.

They went to their hotel to check internet pictures of Madeleine and were certain it was her.

But when they returned to the beach there was no sign of the girl, who was three when she vanished in Portugal on May 3 last year.

Police on the island have launched a search of nearby hotels and holiday apartments.

Clarence Mitchell, family spokesman for the McCanns, thanked the couple for reporting the sighting.

He told Sky News Online that detectives employed by the Madeleine Fund are investigating.

He added: "Kate and Gerry are very grateful to the British couple concerned, however we can't go into any further detail until our investigators have checked out the report."

He stressed that the two doctors would not build up their hopes, because there had been many sightings of their daughter which had come to nothing.

Madeleine disappeared from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz while her parents Kate and Gerry dined with friends in a nearby restaurant

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...tish_Couple_Spot_Missing_Youngster_In_Majorca

And, of course, they know where they disposed of her body.

Every time I hear this crap it makes my blood boil, they know full well there is no chance that the child who died and they disposed of can be found. Why the devil the UK authorities have sat back and allowed this crime to go on and on I'll never know.

Except - remember this - the mcCanns are no ordinary couple - they had famous photographers taking family photois before all this happened. John McCann left his job (Astra Zeneca) to run the campaign - so must have known this was no short term role. Its so obvious!

While I have always leaned on the side of McCann guilt and Maddie being dead, I did always get very hopeful when there were sightings.

Since I saw the video of those cadaver dogs, I no longer hold any hope that Madeleine is alive. Color me a skeptic and cynic, but my initial reaction upon hearing news of this sighting was "wonder which of the McCann friends and associates were paid to throw out this red herring."

Beyond my cynacism, the truth is that this sighting could easily be a well-meaning couple who saw a cute, blonde little girl and imagined it was Maddie. Other than the colobama (which would only be noticed close-up) Maddie had no distinguishing features, per say. She was an adorable child who looked like a lot of other adorable little girls in her same age range.

Personally I never considered these diversions as being real. The McCanns are evil incarnate.

Its no lead. Presumably they are ramping up to ask for money again. But the News of The World has already slipped them some cash under the guise of an apology - for printing a fabricated diary.

Agreed.

"Oh, look, that child is Madeleine McCann! Let's go back to our hotel and call it in."

And of course, once the couple went back to the hotel to check and make sure from internet photos they were THEN and ONLY THEN sure that it was Madeleine. Not to mention the fact that those photos are now--at the very least--a year old. Look at photos of 3 and 4 year olds and then look at kindergarteners. A whole lot of changes start taking shape in their faces--they lose the proverbial "baby fat" as they start to grow taller, they begin to lose teeth, etc. I look at lots of children's photos either in school official records or when they bring in things like their "All about me" posters and anybody looking for Madeleine based on some of those old photos wouldn't find her. (For starters, who thinks she'd still have that bob hair cut?)

Cadaver dog evidence aside, it's interesting that the McCanns never put out photos of how Madeleine would look with different hair or even now, a slightly aged progression photo.

We're supposed to all be looking for a five year old child, based on three year old photos? Did I get that right? :confused:

Absolutely Texana & remember that Madeleine was very small for her age but they never ever emphasised that fact, people were looking for a four year old when she was really more like a three year old, I believe. Her height was never made an issue, proving that finding her was really not that important to them! Amazing they don't advertise her height yet make a big deal out of the coloboma when police advised this could endanger her life!

Every time I hear this crap it makes my blood boil, they know full well there is no chance that the child who died and they disposed of can be found. Why the devil the UK authorities have sat back and allowed this crime to go on and on I'll never know.

Except - remember this - the mcCanns are no ordinary couple - they had famous photographers taking family photois before all this happened. John McCann left his job (Astra Zeneca) to run the campaign - so must have known this was no short term role. Its so obvious!

I so agree with you Refugee, how the police in either country do not act on the multiple lies & inconsistencies in this case really baffles me & makes my blood boil!

Yes they knew they were in for the long haul, they knew damned well that Madeleine would not be found! Remember Gerry talking about the one year anniversary not long after she disappeared?

Its no lead. Presumably they are ramping up to ask for money again. But the News of The World has already slipped them some cash under the guise of an apology - for printing a fabricated diary.

Haha & who fabricated that diary?

Absolutely Texana & remember that Madeleine was very small for her age but they never ever emphasised that fact, people were looking for a four year old when she was really more like a three year old, I believe. Her height was never made an issue, proving that finding her was really not that important to them! Amazing they don't advertise her height yet make a big deal out of the coloboma when police advised this could endanger her life!

I so agree with you Refugee, how the police in either country do not act on the multiple lies & inconsistencies in this case really baffles me & makes my blood boil!

Yes they knew they were in for the long haul, they knew damned well that Madeleine would not be found! Remember Gerry talking about the one year anniversary not long after she disappeared?

Haha & who fabricated that diary?

Exactly. Kate McCann! Nobody would put details of how far open they left a door! Total bollocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni