Support Thread: Detective Yuri Melich

Would just like to add my respect and admiration for you..just saw the Cindy interview and I cannot imagine how difficult that must have been....as realistic as you were with her it is obvious she is unwilling to listen to anything but what she wants to believe....God help her and this family to deal with what may be coming......You are tops in my book....there will be a star in your crown one day....you are a top notch stand up guy...

<speaking into handy dandy wrist communicator>
Calling Dick Tracy, come in Dick Tracy.....
PLEASE get better soon. We need you crackin' on this case and nail an arrest.
Before my eyebrows become permanently embedded in my hairline. :eek:

Over and out.

Yuri,
Sorry about your accident...after watching Cindy's interview yesterday I just wanted to say you were stunning in your ability to continue reeling her back in to listen to what you were saying and then she'd go off again and you'd reel her back...that was very very good.

Could not agree more! Excellent work!

Det Yuri

I hope you can stand one more time to 'hear' how after watching the whole interview with CA you have my complete respect not only as a Police Officer, but as a caring human being. You listened so respectfully to 'her truth', then with such compassion tried
to get her to accept the real truth. I wanted to cry when she appeared to be so close, before she had to back up into her little safe zone.

It appears that the only out come for this case is going to be so heart breaking for all concerned, I wish only the best to all of you.

Dirty Harry is out, Det Yuri is in. :detective: :balloons:

Wondering if our fine detective friend reads all of our sleuthing and really just laughs aloud at some of our ideas.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Enjoy, we have limited knowledge.....

Wondering if our fine detective friend reads all of our sleuthing and really just laughs aloud at some of our ideas.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Enjoy, we have limited knowledge.....

I don't laugh. I wish I could provide some answers to good questions on here, but unfortunately I can't. One day I will be able to do just that and I'll be happy to. Until that day, have patience. :detective:

I couldn't go through all of it, but what I did see makes me wonder if you didn't break your leg in three places on purpose! LOL I don't know how you do it, Detective!

I don't laugh. I wish I could provide some answers to good questions on here, but unfortunately I can't. One day I will be able to do just that and I'll be happy to. Until that day, have patience. :detective:

Ah Yuri, I am patient.
I know it will all be known.
And...I would never ask any questions of you. I was just thinking today how funny it would be for you to read so many of the speculations some of us have posted when you know the truths.:) :)
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yuri,
I am suffering from addiction to this case..
Sure would be nice for you to hold my hand and snap be back into reality..:blowkiss:

Get well soon! , and please drive a 4 wheeled vehicle back to work!

P.S. Just curious? Since you are out now, and home, I suppose you watch football right?
Let me guess..umm...FSU fan? Or would you be a Gator Fan?
You know, we all love that Georgia v/s Florida game coming up...LOL Who is your pick?

Det. Melich: When the time is right, and we are all hoping it will be soon, perhaps you could stop by and let us know how 'close' WS was in some of the theories that were thrown out. Or even, which theories made you laugh out loud - I don't think anyone would mind hearing that. Of course the best thing would be for you to say that one or two threads made you all sit up and say Hmmmm, and actually led to perhaps a clue or two. We have complete faith in you and all the other fine men and women of OCSO and all other LE involved - we know how hard you are all working, and we know you will bring this case to a fitting end with justice for Caylee.

I'd like to ditch Obama and McCain and nominate Yuri...is it too late to do that?

The way all of LEO has been handling this case, I have confidence that they could straighten out the economic issues in a day or two!

Congrats and thanks for keeping your promise!

I would like to discuss things we have come upon during other missing persons cases across the country which could help other agencies. I have noticed there is such a vast difference in the way cases are handled not only from state to state, but county to county. But...we can talk about it later. You are supposed to be resting and healing, Melich.

By the way, how is the leg? Much pain? Take your meds. Pain is never a good thing. Men do make for the worst patients sometimes. How is your wife holding up? Maybe you should send her some flowers soon. ;)

I would like to discuss things we have come upon during other missing persons cases across the country which could help other agencies. I have noticed there is such a vast difference in the way cases are handled not only from state to state, but county to county. But...we can talk about it later. You are supposed to be resting and healing, Melich.

By the way, how is the leg? Much pain? Take your meds. Pain is never a good thing. Men do make for the worst patients sometimes. How is your wife holding up? Maybe you should send her some flowers soon. ;)

See, now that's a great idea.

I'll bet his wife would appreciate the attention.

:rotfl::laughbig::laugh:
I still have my nurse's cap but no uniform. I can do virtual nursing and sign the cast from another country.

After listening to those tapes, I am also a member of the YM fan club.

I think he did it on purpose so he COULD be with us!!! He broke his leg not his brain!!!!!!

What Gibby said. Shiny side up, rubber side down, Det. Yuri. Remember that in the future. Also cars, trucks, vans and semis are bigger than a motorcycle, you don't pick fights with them.

Wishing you a speedy and pain free recovery. Get well soon.

I hold you and all your brothers and sisters in the highest regard.:blowkiss:

Hey, you should come on late at night (or depending on how you look at it, early in the morning)...that's when we really get cooking!

BTW- thanks for being such a gentle soul. Your interview with CA was outstanding. You were the consummate professional. I appreciate all that you've done for this lost child...including showing Cindy kindness and respect for what she is going through.

Yuri,

I just wanted to say what a great job you all are doing, especially after listening to all of the interviews and seeing the documents that we are currently allowed to view. Despite what the media or anyone says we know that you guys are getting closer and we have complete faith in you! :dance: Sometimes we get a little impatient and want to pull all our hair out!:crazy: :banghead: but I'm sure it's nothing compared to what you and your comrads feel after interviewing a non cooperative lead. Anyhow thank you for all you and your comrads do and hang in there. :star1:

The pain is minimal, thanfully and the healing is going well. As to the wife, I forsee doing a lot of things to make it up to her for having to deal with this cripple. :) She's definately the strength behind me, that's for sure.

You bring out a good point about other missing person investigations. Each is unique, having different facts and nuiances that make it so. Its unfortunate that many of these cases don't get the attention they deserve. There are thousands of missing children out there that deserve the same attention this case has gotten. Unfortunately, they don't. One problem I see is that in general, agencies don't have many resources allocated to dealing in just missing person cases. When they do, the amount of "repeat customers" the missing person investigators have to deal with are quite high. How can someone tell if that repeat customer's last dissapearance isn't one done by choice. That's the hard part. Then add to that familial abductions, voluntary dissapearances (making a new life) and the like and you see the problem. There is a solution I'm sure. I just don't know what it is.

The pain is minimal, thanfully and the healing is going well. As to the wife, I forsee doing a lot of things to make it up to her for having to deal with this cripple. :) She's definately the strength behind me, that's for sure.
<snip for space>

Great to hear the healing is going well. Maybe you can take Mrs. Yuri to the Evil Dead musical when you're all better and you can “Do the Necronomicon” together. :Banane33:Not many women can resist a musical, even a campy one.

The pain is minimal, thankfully and the healing is going well. As to the wife, I forsee doing a lot of things to make it up to her for having to deal with this cripple. :) She's definately the strength behind me, that's for sure.

How can someone tell if that repeat customer's last dissapearance isn't one done by choice. That's the hard part. Then add to that familial abductions, voluntary dissapearances (making a new life) and the like and you see the problem. There is a solution I'm sure. I just don't know what it is.
I am sure she doesn't mind doting on you for the time being. Through sickness and health...includes broken legs. Altho...by the time you are back to normal...she may want to pull her hair out and will be grateful you are going back to work! (Glad the pain is minimal!)

I ran across a form which would be an excellent tool in any MP case and would like to see it implemented as a basic standard. It would be a start in addressing some of those very issues. Agencies are limited on resources and also on experience handling MP cases. I also would like to see the laws changed when dealing with the voluntary mp. Enough on that tho...like I said...we can discuss it later. I don't have an "agenda" with you being here. :) We just enjoy your company.

can you stand one more, lol?

Trying to figure out where/when Casey ran into Zenaida.

Possibly Zenaida visited Univ. Studios with her kids when Casey was working there - maybe Casey took pics of them?

Thanks for all you have done and are doing for Caylee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back