GUILTY VA - Genevieve 'Gini' Orange, 29, raped & murdered, Falls Church, 25 Sept 2008

Wow! She is beautiful and so young. I saw this mentioned on the Today show this morning. I thought there would be more here at WS mentioning this murder. Is it posted somewhere else here too?

Wow! She is beautiful and so young. I saw this mentioned on the Today show this morning. I thought there would be more here at WS mentioning this murder. Is it posted somewhere else here too?

Not that I could find, thus the thread :)
This is close to one of my undergrad roomies so she called me about it.
It is disturbing for sure.

"blunt force trauma to the upper body" vs just the head sounds like a hammer attack (????) I hope this is solved quickly....

I heard about this on NG last night.
She's so beautiful...I hope LE can crack this one quickly!

Blink34, thanks for starting this thread and may your roomie from the past be safe.

This is my first post back after a long absence.

Gini's mother and I worked at the same company some years ago and I have such an interest in seeing this murder solved quickly. I check every day to see if any progress has been made in the investigation and, so far, nothing has popped up.

This is my first post back after a long absence.

Gini's mother and I worked at the same company some years ago and I have such an interest in seeing this murder solved quickly. I check every day to see if any progress has been made in the investigation and, so far, nothing has popped up.

K-
So, your freaking me out on 3 levels, I started this thread, I was just researching any news on her case when your post popped up, and I am reading Atlas Shrugged at the moment and I noticed your siggy.
I'll take that as a sign.

Let's get this lovely young woman some justice.
This is the guestbook from her memorial:

http://www.legacy.com/augustachronicle/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=118173952&PageNo=4

There is almost no info on her case. It has been my experience, when that is the case, in general, it is somone the victim knows. Which, I personally believe is the case. I have seen the family and LE refuse to discuss who she might have been dating. Anyone?

Blink, I, too, am thinking this is likely someone that Gini knows. I Googled the place where she was renting her apartment, and it's a very nice mid-rise building. It's five floors. The bottom contains a lobby, party room, workout room, laundry facility, and the offices. It has restricted access, so this wasn't some random creep wandering about seeking whom he may attack. I am speculating that it was a boyfriend, someone who wanted to be a boyfriend, and not just a friend, or someone who used to be a boyfriend and didn't like the 'used to be' part. Both her family and the police are being very, very silent on this.

I find it all but impossible to believe that a beautiful young woman like Gini Orange didn't have all sorts of men interested in her.

What makes this even sadder is that her father passed away in January of this year. This is the nicest, most respectable imaginable family.

Atlas Shrugged is my favorite novel in all the world of literature. I have read it several times and I am always sorry when I get to the end. Ayn Rand was a Russian immigrant and her books were published exactly as written as she wouldn't permit any editing. What an amazing mastery of the English language.

Blink, I, too, am thinking this is likely someone that Gini knows. I Googled the place where she was renting her apartment, and it's a very nice mid-rise building. It's five floors. The bottom contains a lobby, party room, workout room, laundry facility, and the offices. It has restricted access, so this wasn't some random creep wandering about seeking whom he may attack. I am speculating that it was a boyfriend, someone who wanted to be a boyfriend, and not just a friend, or someone who used to be a boyfriend and didn't like the 'used to be' part. Both her family and the police are being very, very silent on this.

I find it all but impossible to believe that a beautiful young woman like Gini Orange didn't have all sorts of men interested in her.

What makes this even sadder is that her father passed away in January of this year. This is the nicest, most respectable imaginable family.

Atlas Shrugged is my favorite novel in all the world of literature. I have read it several times and I am always sorry when I get to the end. Ayn Rand was a Russian immigrant and her books were published exactly as written as she wouldn't permit any editing. What an amazing mastery of the English language.

That settles that, we are friends. Although permit me to say I have been working diligently (swap in obsessively) on another case, and Gini's case was brought to my attn by a former undergrad roomie of mine. So I am on page like 150, with eager anticipation though..

Have you read any threads or blogs on Gini's murder? I have seen several indicating she had a large boyfriend, not that her fam knew him but that he was present enough for the other tenants to see.

Blink wrote:

"That settles that, we are friends. Although permit me to say I have been working diligently (swap in obsessively) on another case, and Gini's case was brought to my attn by a former undergrad roomie of mine. So I am on page like 150, with eager anticipation though..

Have you read any threads or blogs on Gini's murder? I have seen several indicating she had a large boyfriend, not that her fam knew him but that he was present enough for the other tenants to see."

Then we are friends, indeed! :) I hope you love Atlas as much as I do!!

I have not seen the information about the boyfriend. It doesn't mean her family knew him or even knew about him, but if he was there enough to draw the attention of other residents, it must have been a fairly serious and on going relationship. There was no mention of anything like a boyfriend or a fiance in Gini's obituary. Sometimes there will be and I wondered if she was seriously seeing anyone. Also, I read an account of a church sevice that was held the Sunday after Gini was murdered and there was no mention of a boyfriend, large or otherwise. I am thinking he was not there. If, in fact, he exists, it seems odd that he wasn't there. There was mention of Gini's mother, Marilyn, and her friends, but no mention of anything like a boyfriend.

I am hoping this will be solved very soon.

Blink wrote:

"That settles that, we are friends. Although permit me to say I have been working diligently (swap in obsessively) on another case, and Gini's case was brought to my attn by a former undergrad roomie of mine. So I am on page like 150, with eager anticipation though..

Have you read any threads or blogs on Gini's murder? I have seen several indicating she had a large boyfriend, not that her fam knew him but that he was present enough for the other tenants to see."

Then we are friends, indeed! :) I hope you love Atlas as much as I do!!

I have not seen the information about the boyfriend. It doesn't mean her family knew him or even knew about him, but if he was there enough to draw the attention of other residents, it must have been a fairly serious and on going relationship. There was no mention of anything like a boyfriend or a fiance in Gini's obituary. Sometimes there will be and I wondered if she was seriously seeing anyone. Also, I read an account of a church sevice that was held the Sunday after Gini was murdered and there was no mention of a boyfriend, large or otherwise. I am thinking he was not there. If, in fact, he exists, it seems odd that he wasn't there. There was mention of Gini's mother, Marilyn, and her friends, but no mention of anything like a boyfriend.

I am hoping this will be solved very soon.

I actually read about him as "pointed out" by some folks on a posted comments section after an article. Sometimes they can be very informative, as people can be for the most part anonymous. No forced entry, and I have heard Le and the family "no comment" on where she worked and whether she was dating someone.
I am praying for this family as well, I do take comfort that Gini is with her Dad. I could really live without seeing this kind of injustice to such a beautiful and promising young woman.

"blunt force trauma to the upper body" vs just the head sounds like a hammer attack (????) I hope this is solved quickly....
Hey nursey:blowkiss:
Im curious how you got to hammer attack, what else can we come up with if we think it is someone who knew her..

Hey nursey:blowkiss:
Im curious how you got to hammer attack, what else can we come up with if we think it is someone who knew her..
Hi Blink....it just kinda flashed into my head....like a feeling....when I heard bft to the upper body. Just was a thought:blowkiss:

Hi Blink....it just kinda flashed into my head....like a feeling....when I heard bft to the upper body. Just was a thought:blowkiss:

Got it. I am feeling no hitting with anything, the BFT coming from a beating or hitting head as a result of a beating. The verbiage makes me think she has substantative injuries about her torso. Out of respect, I will not post my other thoughts on here.

I think this smells of a breakup/ possible new love interest scenario.
Meaning I am feeling like she was moving on to something and the breakupee(real or perceived) did not appreciate being left behind. I also feel like the new interest had been confronted by "Mr. on his way out" and that sparked the argument between Gini and he.

Lastly, I think LE knows who did this, and he will be arrested following forensics return. I am willing to bet he had lawyered up by the time she was found.

All JMHO, of course

I actually read about him as "pointed out" by some folks on a posted comments section after an article. Sometimes they can be very informative, as people can be for the most part anonymous. No forced entry, and I have heard Le and the family "no comment" on where she worked and whether she was dating someone.
I am praying for this family as well, I do take comfort that Gini is with her Dad. I could really live without seeing this kind of injustice to such a beautiful and promising young woman.

I have not been reading the comments sections with some of the articles. I should have been doing that. That would be informative! That is something I will do in the future. Thanks!

I've heard the "no comment" from both LE and the family on where she worked and whether or not she was seeing someone. There's no forced entry and there is also no mention of any sexual assault or of any missing items. And, there is no mention of anything like her apartment being ransacked. All of this led me to believe that her killer is someone she knows, not a burglar she surprised or someone who broke in with rape and murder on his mind.

With the information about the boyfriend, and no mention of him at that church service on Sunday after the murder, it makes me suspect him. I have also read that even though the murder was on Wednesday night, and discovered on Thursday morning, as of Monday LE was still processing her apartment.

The other thing I noticed, is that while the date and time of the visitation and the funeral were listed in her obituary, it was noted that the burial would be in Georgia with no time and date given. When I checked the funeral home's website, there was no mention of Gini's burial.

I have not been reading the comments sections with some of the articles. I should have been doing that. That would be informative! That is something I will do in the future. Thanks!

I've heard the "no comment" from both LE and the family on where she worked and whether or not she was seeing someone. There's no forced entry and there is also no mention of any sexual assault or of any missing items. And, there is no mention of anything like her apartment being ransacked. All of this led me to believe that her killer is someone she knows, not a burglar she surprised or someone who broke in with rape and murder on his mind.

With the information about the boyfriend, and no mention of him at that church service on Sunday after the murder, it makes me suspect him. I have also read that even though the murder was on Wednesday night, and discovered on Thursday morning, as of Monday LE was still processing her apartment.

The other thing I noticed, is that while the date and time of the visitation and the funeral were listed in her obituary, it was noted that the burial would be in Georgia with no time and date given. When I checked the funeral home's website, there was no mention of Gini's burial.

It may be they wanted it private or she has not been released due to the "interstate transfer issue".
The other issue other than what I put in my last post, is that LE responded to a wellness check for Gini immediately. As it happened Wed eve and this was Thursday morning, I suspect someone had or was aware of a reason to be concerned.

It may be they wanted it private or she has not been released due to the "interstate transfer issue".
The other issue other than what I put in my last post, is that LE responded to a wellness check for Gini immediately. As it happened Wed eve and this was Thursday morning, I suspect someone had or was aware of a reason to be concerned.

It could be that LE has not released the body for burial. The visitation and the funeral were closed casket, so it could have just been an empty casket. I have seen e-mails from mutual friends who live in the Atlanta area asking if anyone knows when the burial is and no one does. Gini's mother is so closed mouthed and so private that if LE asked her not to release something or do something in particular, she would comply and not tell even her closest friend or closest relatives. There have been zero leaks about this.

I understand that the alarm was raised when she did not show up for work. The news reports say that a relative called for a welfare check. I am guessing that her office mates probably tried to contact her and when they were unable to, they called her emergency contact number, whom I suspect was her mother. I am further guessing than it was her mother who called for the welfare check.

The news reports say that the police arrived at her apartment at 11:22 on Thursday morning. That would have been just about enough time for her work mates to call her home and cell and leave messages, and, when no call back came, to call her mother. Her mother would have called immediately for a welfare check, making the police arrive at her apartment between 11:00 and 11:30.

I agree that someone knew that something definitely wasn't right and thought that she might have been in some sort of danger. Perhaps the boyfriend was jealous or possessive and he gave someone a really bad vibe. I am speculating that if the BF worked in the same place she did, he might not have shown up either, perhaps calling in sick. If he beat her with his fists, he might well have had damage to his hands that he didn't want anyone to see and also wanted to lawyer up. If this is what happened, it would have been enough to send up red flags all over the place.

Like you, I think that LE pretty much knows who did this and will make an arrest as soon as all the forensics are back. Gini's murder was mentioned on Nancy Grace's show and Nancy is like a bulldog getting information. It seems that LE is not interested in having the media's help with this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back