Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad judgment YES, YES, YES...

Lets remove the sex part. Would we be having this discussion if he said he took 15 minutes to take a shower or use the restroom? I leave my 3 year old to fend for herself when I take a shower or use the restroom. Does that make me a bad dad?

Would I be in the closet having sex while my daughter is there...NO.

The sex isn't the issue. He left 3 children - 1 three yr old and 2 one year olds unsupervised for 15 min. That's being negligent imo.

Wow. I just registered yesterday & while waiting for activation I was able to read through this thread. I can't believe I finally made it to the end.

Just have a couple of comments.

RE: Washing of the Towels

When I was watching the deposition when Brad was being questioned about his purchases at HT he said he bought "High Efficiency" Tide detergent. HE detergent is used in HE machines which have a higher capacity than your average top loading machine. When I bought my Kenmore front loader one of the selling points was it could accommodate 16 pairs of jeans.

RE: ShopVac & the garage

My husband frequently uses the ShopVac to vacuum our garage and the cars. I don't find that unusual.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned what happened in the master bedroom closet. Does that violate terms of use? I was in shock about that and thought that alone was enough for the judge to deny him custody.

Kelly: Welcome! I'm glad you're here!

Would you help me with some questions about the HE washers and dryers?

I looked was looking for info yesterday on HE washers and dryers to check Brad's timeline. I already knew that the HE front load washers take longer than top load washers and went looking in Consumer Reports for exact data. The shortest time for a top load washer was 30 minutes. Two washers were 60 minutes. Most were 45-55 minutes. On the other hand for the front load (HE) washers the shortest cycletime was 50 minutes (1 washer) and the longest was 105 minutes (an hour and 45 minutes!). Most were between 70 and 100 minutes.

Consumer reports didn't have any cycle time info for dryers. I know that clothes come out of an HE washer more dry than a top load washer. My regular dryer takes 60 minutes or so, but more for towels and jeans. Is the drying time shorter for HE dryers?

What is your experience with the HE appliances? How does the total wash/dry time equate to the other style of washer/dryer?

Unfortunately we don't know what type of dryer Brad and Nancy had, but clothes from an HE washer should take less time to dry even in a conventional dryer.

Didn't Brad say he was vacuuming the car because of gas he spilled a week or two earlier?? That's the unusual part to me, not the use of the ShopVac.

ncsu95 - I don't understand your thinking. On the one hand, you say BC is the "likely" murderer. On the other, you say he should have his kids until charged with the crime. I'm pretty sure that the judge's comment means that if she determines, as you did, that BC is the "likely" murderer, then he will not get his kids.

Also, don't forget that BC agreed to the current arrangement. He didn't force a hearing, he just allowed the gp's to take the kids. I don't believe that I would have let my kids go for a second without a fight.

He chose to attempt to answer "internet speculation" in his affidavits for this custody case. Much of what is contained has very little to no bearing on the custody case. By doing that, he created even more speculation, because he has several inconsistencies in his story (First he had to go get milk at 6am to get ready for Katie to get up, then Katie's up at 4am and won't go back to sleep so he goes to get milk, among others)

I don't believe for one second that the subpoenas for evidence are really related to the custody case. I think his criminal attorneys just want to know what they are up against.

I'm saying he is likely the killer because statistics say it is usually the husband in cases like these.

I'm saying he is likely the killer because statistics say it is usually the husband in cases like these.

That is one reason why he should not be custodian of the children without supervision right now. The thing is that you and I both feel the same about the murder case. But there are reasons as to why Brad should not be in sole possession of the children. Those reasons have not been released to us. If Brad is innocent, he will be deserved of an apology. But for now, the health and safety of the children come first. Cant make a mistake with the kids.

Kelly: Welcome! I'm glad you're here!

Would you help me with some questions about the HE washers and dryers?

I looked was looking for info yesterday on HE washers and dryers to check Brad's timeline. I already knew that the HE front load washers take longer than top load washers and went looking in Consumer Reports for exact data. The shortest time for a top load washer was 30 minutes. Two washers were 60 minutes. Most were 45-55 minutes. On the other hand for the front load (HE) washers the shortest cycletime was 50 minutes (1 washer) and the longest was 105 minutes (an hour and 45 minutes!). Most were between 70 and 100 minutes.

Consumer reports didn't have any cycle time info for dryers. I know that clothes come out of an HE washer more dry than a top load washer. My regular dryer takes 60 minutes or so, but more for towels and jeans. Is the drying time shorter for HE dryers?

What is your experience with the HE appliances? How does the total wash/dry time equate to the other style of washer/dryer?

Unfortunately we don't know what type of dryer Brad and Nancy had, but clothes from an HE washer should take less time to dry even in a conventional dryer.

My HE washer has cycles ranging from 30 mins to 2 hours. 30 mins is for the "express wash" & 2 hours is for the "sanitary wash". If you want a "skincare rinse" it adds another 10 minutes which I always do having 2 children with sensitive skin.

My dryer ranges from 22 mins to 79 mins. for the preset cycles "jeans, bulky/beeding" etc. You can also tell the dryer how dry you want the clothes and that affects how long each cycle runs also. I think there may be something wrong with my dryer. It typically takes an hour for my clothes to dry. Dh cleaned out the vent not long ago, but it didn't seem to help.

The sex isn't the issue. He left 3 children - 1 three yr old and 2 one year olds unsupervised for 15 min. That's being negligent imo.

I'm not so sure the sex isn't pertinent. In my opinion, this says he could not control his primal instincts sufficiently to provide three young children with appropriate supervision. If he absolutely had to have an affair, he could have done so without children around. He obviously was not thinking with anything above the waist, not with the location (bedroom he shared with spouse), not with the other person (friend of spouse), not with the timing (while supervising children). No difficulty understanding why they were headed for divorce from this alone.

That is one reason why he should not be custodian of the children without supervision right now. The thing is that you and I both feel the same about the murder case. But there are reasons as to why Brad should not be in sole possession of the children. Those reasons have not been released to us. If Brad is innocent, he will be deserved of an apology. But for now, the health and safety of the children come first. Cant make a mistake with the kids.

Fine, then assign CPS to this. That is what they are for. They can monitor the situation and make sure that the kids are in a safe place.

Anyone who uses a shop vac to clean up a gas spill deserves the time they will spend in the burn ward!! Shop vacs have the worst, cheapest motors on them and they always spark. Any shop vac I have ever bought (unless you're talking about a top-dollar, explosion proof one which 99.47% of the world does not own) has had warnings on them about using the shop vac on flammable liquids.

Just my .03 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members