Mr. Kyle's Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
There use to be a White Spot Drive-In in Denver, CO. I'm not sure when it went out of business though.

BUTTON_20off.gif

MP_873273_b71_210~White-Spot-Drive-In-Denver-Colorado-Posters.jpg

Title: White Spot Drive-In, Denver, Colorado

DS_BottomRight.jpg
These authentic vintage images are reproduced digitally, resulting in a unique, "hand colored," textural finish.

Source: http://www.allposters.com/-sp/White-Spot-Drive-In-Denver-Colorado-Posters_i1543447_.htm

He speaks of White spot- those are restraunts I've seen in BC Canada.
He also says neither building is there where he thinks they were anymore... Could he be from Canada?

I've never seen a white spot in USA and they are definitely not out of business in Canada.
White spot is somewhat like Applebees or Dennys.

This comes from an article in the Denver Post dated August 2006 about the White-Spot:

"Cultural amnesia"

Still, it's a race against the wrecking ball. Once there were eight White Spot coffee shops in Denver, classic Googie landmarks, but the last one in operation was demolished a few years ago.

Source: http://www.denverpost.com/style/ci_4206840

I searched for a Mama Elenas in Denver, but could not find one. There is a Mamas Cafe on Colfax, and a Maria Elenas Mexican restaurant in Lakewood, a few blocks away from Colfax. One restaurant review site states that they have been open for more than 23 years. Is there anyone local that could go into Maria Elenas with BKs picture and ask if the owner recognizes him? They might not know his name, but might remember that he came in with a "blond" or "brunette" who was a wife or girlfriend?

Is there any audio available of BK that doesn't have a newscaster talking over him? I would love to do speech reversals on him. The only audio I have has the reporters talking over him and that makes it way too hard to hear him.
The whole reverse speech thing may be a longshot but you never know, something positive could come out of it.

I searched for a Mama Elenas in Denver, but could not find one. There is a Mamas Cafe on Colfax, and a Maria Elenas Mexican restaurant in Lakewood, a few blocks away from Colfax. One restaurant review site states that they have been open for more than 23 years. Is there anyone local that could go into Maria Elenas with BKs picture and ask if the owner recognizes him? They might not know his name, but might remember that he came in with a "blond" or "brunette" who was a wife or girlfriend?

Great thoughts-we actually have been this route...no luck.

Is there any audio available of BK that doesn't have a newscaster talking over him? I would love to do speech reversals on him. The only audio I have has the reporters talking over him and that makes it way too hard to hear him.
The whole reverse speech thing may be a longshot but you never know, something positive could come out of it.

Welcome to WS-I am not aware of any audio that is in the public domain of just him currently.

To be candid, I find the science reverse speech is based on extremely suspect-we have occasionally had proponents bring their analysis here on high profile cases and while it causes interesting debate, none of it has panned out as far as I can see. JMHO.

My fiance used to live on Colfax from about 1998-2005. I will asked him about some of these landmarks and see if he recalls anything. He used to work in a restaraunt on Colfax - Bucco Di Beppo(I think).

This is a good idea, any of the older resturaunts in the area, someone could go by with a flyer and ask if anyone recognizes him, or some resturaunts have faxes, we could fax flyers to them????

Greetings all,

This is my first post at WS - like many others, long-time reader/lurker coming out of the shadows!

When I read Mr. Kyle's memories it stood out to me his spelling of the word headquarters. He spelled it twice "headquartres". Not sure if it means anything at all, of course, but perhaps it leans toward a long love of English literature or something regarding education. Another thing that stood out to me very quickly was his mention of Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips. Not an extremely common franchise and certainly one that doesn't (perhaps has never) appear on every street corner. Has it been verified that there was ever an ATF&C's location in Colorado or more precisely the location of other investigated businesses? In their "heyday" there were less than 1000 total ATF&C's locations - seems like a big number until you consider the size of the country and limited online resources indicating most ATF&C's locations to have been mostly on the east coast, not much further west than the mid-west, and not too far into the south. I've tried but found nothing indicating an ATF&C's in Colorado, ever.

Kudos to WS & all you concerned & dedicated websleuthers,
snowme

Greetings all,

This is my first post at WS - like many others, long-time reader/lurker coming out of the shadows!

When I read Mr. Kyle's memories it stood out to me his spelling of the word headquarters. He spelled it twice "headquartres". Not sure if it means anything at all, of course, but perhaps it leans toward a long love of English literature or something regarding education. Another thing that stood out to me very quickly was his mention of Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips. Not an extremely common franchise and certainly one that doesn't (perhaps has never) appear on every street corner. Has it been verified that there was ever an ATF&C's location in Colorado or more precisely the location of other investigated businesses? In their "heyday" there were less than 1000 total ATF&C's locations - seems like a big number until you consider the size of the country and limited online resources indicating most ATF&C's locations to have been mostly on the east coast, not much further west than the mid-west, and not too far into the south. I've tried but found nothing indicating an ATF&C's in Colorado, ever.

snowme
Welcome to ws,

You have made some very good observations. One thing that I do know is that there was an Arthur Treachers In Indiana. Back in the 70s maybe into the early 80's the one I went to as a kid was in Greenwood Indiana which is just south of Indianapolis.

Another newbie here!

I have been researching Mr Kyle's memories of E Colfax in Denver and here are a few findings -

Tante Louise appears to have started business around 1972. They won many years of Westword's (not Westworld) "best of" awards. One blurb in 2002 mentions that Tante Louise is over 30 years old -

http://www.westword.com/bestof/2002/award/best-french-restaurant-39199/

It appears that if Mr Kyle remembers the beginning of Tante Louise, he had to have been in Denver in the early 70's.

The Normandy was at E Colfax and Madison. Monroe is one street over.

I found mention of Mama Elena's on Westword's Best Of as well as White Spot and Azars Big Boy. Unfortunately, I can only find these best of lists back to 1984, so I do not know if they had them prior to that.

Westword appears to have started publication in 1977 and was bought by the NY Times in 1983. If Mr Kyle remembers this paper, he would have been there in the late 70's forward.

http://www.westword.com/about/index

Only other thing I found is a Jose Luis Martinez worked at Mama Elena's in 1981 and 1982. He has a profile at Classmates.com. I do not have a membership at classmates, but perhaps someone who does could email him for info on others who might have worked there? Or who might have owned the restaurant?

And lastly, Mr Kyle, if you are reading this, here is a link to an interesting blog about 60's and 70's pop culture in Denver. I noticed many memories posted are from the 80's, too. You might read through and see what else you might remember. I also posted a link to your youtube video there to see if anyone remembered you.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/09/09/1960s-and-1970s-denv.html

Another newbie here!

I have been researching Mr Kyle's memories of E Colfax in Denver and here are a few findings -

Tante Louise appears to have started business around 1972. They won many years of Westword's (not Westworld) "best of" awards. One blurb in 2002 mentions that Tante Louise is over 30 years old -

http://www.westword.com/bestof/2002/award/best-french-restaurant-39199/

It appears that if Mr Kyle remembers the beginning of Tante Louise, he had to have been in Denver in the early 70's.

The Normandy was at E Colfax and Madison. Monroe is one street over.

I found mention of Mama Elena's on Westword's Best Of as well as White Spot and Azars Big Boy. Unfortunately, I can only find these best of lists back to 1984, so I do not know if they had them prior to that.

Westword appears to have started publication in 1977 and was bought by the NY Times in 1983. If Mr Kyle remembers this paper, he would have been there in the late 70's forward.

http://www.westword.com/about/index

Only other thing I found is a Jose Luis Martinez worked at Mama Elena's in 1981 and 1982. He has a profile at Classmates.com. I do not have a membership at classmates, but perhaps someone who does could email him for info on others who might have worked there? Or who might have owned the restaurant?

And lastly, Mr Kyle, if you are reading this, here is a link to an interesting blog about 60's and 70's pop culture in Denver. I noticed many memories posted are from the 80's, too. You might read through and see what else you might remember. I also posted a link to your youtube video there to see if anyone remembered you.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/09/09/1960s-and-1970s-denv.html

welcome_to_group_were_nuts.jpg

Want to concentrate on your post more,just ran across.

Just wanted to welcome you!

Snowme and Tracie5!!! Great to have you both here and thank you so much for the insights! We will find out where Benjaman belongs - I just know it!

I think you're right, Fairy1, and it's just a matter of time, patience, and sleuthing.

snowme

I feel Mr Kyle's memories very firmly place him in Denver in the 70's. His memories are numerous and correct without being exactly perfect (which would demonstrate that the memories could have been read recently).

Since these memories could be dissected and researched and place him in Denver during a specific time period, it might be beneficial to know more details of his memories of Indianapolis. Perhaps we could use these memories to place him in Indianapolis during a specific time period. If the memories turn out to be more recent (80's or 90's), I feel we would be a step closer to his identity.

Any chance of hearing the Indianapolis memories?

I think you're right, Fairy1, and it's just a matter of time, patience, and sleuthing.

snowme

I plan to watch DR Phil this case has interested me from when i first learned of it...

I feel Mr Kyle's memories very firmly place him in Denver in the 70's. His memories are numerous and correct without being exactly perfect (which would demonstrate that the memories could have been read recently).

Since these memories could be dissected and researched and place him in Denver during a specific time period, it might be beneficial to know more details of his memories of Indianapolis. Perhaps we could use these memories to place him in Indianapolis during a specific time period. If the memories turn out to be more recent (80's or 90's), I feel we would be a step closer to his identity.

Any chance of hearing the Indianapolis memories?

Being a person who seems to have had schooling/education
I figured he had been on a plane and travelled a lot?
that would account for his being in a strange city and being mugged?
I was wondering why nobody from any hotel ever came forward yet?
Surely he was staying someplace ?

If he were homeless, I wondered why a shelter hadn't come forward as well?
Also it had crossed my mind that he may have been a kidnapped person from many years ago?
I even considered a baby?
Somebody could have stolen him as an infant?
And that is why he is so vague?
His memory of course due to amnesia would only be fragments of memory.
He has had several scars mentioned too...
yet no dr. or anybody has come forward?
Maybe Dr PHIL will open this up...to those who have not seen this man yet?
many people never watch tv
never read magazines
And no offense, but some people can't read...
and if he was from a non- english speaking country but retained the english language well
that would be another avenue to follow as well?
I have as i said followed this case since i first heard about it.
I think I may have seen it in Doe?
First then looked up stuff?

Greetings all,

snowme

Arthur Treacher's PO Box 2329 GT, GC, BWI, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

He may be from another country....or these islands

I looked and saw BENJAMIN KYLE as in relation to the info on WIPIKEDIA
relating to a SCI-FI Show.
Also a police officer from the 1950s
so had he heard or read about anybody with that name real or fictional he may have then used the Burger King as his initials but remembered those names from something he may have read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23