David Duchovny & Tea Leoni have split.

that is a whole lot of pressure to try and withstand.

This makes me sad. They made a very cute couple. I think the sex addiction thing really did their marriage in.

I possibly suspect that he left her? He just went through 'recovery' and decided this isn't what he wants? Just speculation.

I hope the kids are protected. They're older now and it will be hard especially for the nine year old.

I possibly suspect that he left her? He just went through 'recovery' and decided this isn't what he wants? Just speculation.

I think she probably left him. I am guessing she stuck by him and was supportive during his therapy, but decided it was more than she could take. I suspect his being addicted to *advertiser censored* was true, but I'm sure there is some truth to all the rumors about him cheating.

Noooo! I thought there would be problems because of recent situations, but I really thought they'd last.

Oh, well. Maybe now he can get together with Scully...I mean Gillian Anderson...the way it is meant to be.

Noooo! I thought there would be problems because of recent situations, but I really thought they'd last.

Oh, well. Maybe now he can get together with Scully...I mean Gillian Anderson...the way it is meant to be.

LOL, Mr. E. You ARE aware that the X-files is just a tv show/movie, right? :crazy:

They've been separated for months -- David discovered text on his wife's phone from Billy Ray Thornton and confronted her about them. Tea was making a movie at the time with Thornton and has been having an affair with him.

Ironically enough, they didn't separate because of David's addiction...

It's sad, but sometimes things don't work out and it's time to move on...

My hubby wouldn't take Tea... he says she's a bag of bones. Now I'm thinking Mulder's *advertiser censored* addiction was maybe something DD added to make his character more believable. I'm just sayin...

I think she probably left him. I am guessing she stuck by him and was supportive during his therapy, but decided it was more than she could take. I suspect his being addicted to *advertiser censored* was true, but I'm sure there is some truth to all the rumors about him cheating.

I've always been sceptical of the use of the word "addiction" to refer to non-chemical dependencies. (Not by you, Mj; I'm talking about experts.)

But anyone who'd leave Tea Leoni has some kind of affliction.

I'm gay and married, but if Tea called, I don't know...

I think Tea Leoni is pretty too, and a good actress; and not interested in being in the spotlight all the time.

Did he meet someone at sex therapy, lol?

I've always been sceptical of the use of the word "addiction" to refer to non-chemical dependencies. (Not by you, Mj; I'm talking about experts.)

But anyone who'd leave Tea Leoni has some kind of affliction.

I'm gay and married, but if Tea called, I don't know...

Me too, Nova - though it is accepted parlance in the psych/treatment world.

But I also have a pretty loose definition of disease as anything that causes spiritual and/or physical malaise and discord and, under that umbrella, I can "see" it.

Tea Leoni is stunning. I am sorry they didn't work out but it sounds like they are handling it as best they can.

I think Tea Leoni is pretty too, and a good actress; and not interested in being in the spotlight all the time.

Did he meet someone at sex therapy, lol?

LOL - I know more than a handful of folks who have been through treatment for sex addiction, and you probably would NOT be amazed at how common hooking up is. Same for drug/alcohol treatment - which is why all the treatment centers say NO RELATIONSHIPS. Take booze and pills away from a bunch of addicts and guess where they're looking to get their next fix?!

Me too, Nova - though it is accepted parlance in the psych/treatment world.

But I also have a pretty loose definition of disease as anything that causes spiritual and/or physical malaise and discord and, under that umbrella, I can "see" it.

Tea Leoni is stunning. I am sorry they didn't work out but it sounds like they are handling it as best they can.

Lord knows I'm not an expert on the treatment of addiction. (All of my addictions are going strong, thank you.) But I sometimes think social science uses labels vaguely while pretending they have the clarity that only hard science can achieve (and only Newtonian science at that). The result is problematic. For example, we have now pretty much defined every male on the planet as a "pedophile." Truth to tell, I suppose we're all "sex addicts," too. But if so, the terms don't mean much, do they?

But as for Tea Leoni, I have dreams about her. You can imagine how disturbing that is!

What I wouldn't give for an hour with David Duchovny!!

MEOW!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back