GUILTY SC - Sherryle Terry, 35, pregnant, murdered, Lamar, 26 Oct 2008

vibec

Reaction score
I hadn't seen this posted.
What is going on in the world?:mad:http://www.wsoctv.com/news/17815175/detail.html

DARLINGTON, S.C. -- Investigators say a 14-year-old boy is charged with two counts of murder after killing his mother and unborn sister in their Darlington County home.

Authorities say 35-year-old Sherryle Terry was shot several times Sunday night. Coroner Todd Hardee says Terry was 8 months pregnant and the girl she was carrying also died in the shooting.

Holy cow. That is awful. Seems like more and more people are snapping everywhere.

How awful. My prayers for the family and friends left behind.

No known motive, boy had no criminal history. What is wrong with our children?

They just don't see to care and think parents are expendable. He may have been angry with her about something he didn't get to do.

Years ago in my hometown a 13 year old boy murdered his mother and his little 5 year old sister.

His reason without any remorse? The mom had asked him to watch his sister while she went outside to do yard work and for him to take the trash out. He said his little sister bugged him and he was tired of his mom being on his case about chores.

imoo

It seems like every time we turn around some kid is killing his/her parents or parent. It isn't even about abuse anymore. All a parent has to do is say "no" about something and they die. These kids don't stop and think about what is going to happen to them as the result of murdering their parents/parent. They aren't going to be free to just do as they please from then on :furious:

Our vet clinic has a client who just adopted twin Ethiopian boys and they are SO WELL behaved. I commented to someone else "We sure don't raise them like that here in the US" Sat quietly on a bench while Mom checked in and always replied "Yes Mother" and waited for appropriate pauses in conversation to ask any questions in the room. And SO EAGER for knowledge. Delightful kids.

we cant disipline them with a good swift kick in the butt like our parents did to us .. its child abuse right away .. the kids catch on to this and it gives them control over parents . imho alot of kids also have way too much pressure on them . they cant be kids anymore .. the schools dont allow this they dont allow that blah blah blah ..teachers cant disipline kids either when they need to its abuse of some sort . i dunno my mom never put up with any crap from us kids .,she is a wonderful loving mom but dont you dare piss her off or disobey lol .. she was usually only that way if it was something that could hurt us kids physically or mentally .if we minded .. she was great we did our chores and got to do what we wanted after ward.. now adays you gotta pay a kid half the time to get them to do something because so much that they want to do requires money .. kids that live in big cities cant even play safely in thier own yards anymore some sicko may nab them .. its bad all over

I think it doesn't help matters much when so many parents now are incredibly selfish. So many have forgotten to put their children first. Too many moms think it's no big deal to drop an infant at the age of 6 weeks off at daycare for 10 hours a day and never look back. Too many families don't even eat dinner together unless chowing down Mc Donalds in the minivan on the way somewhere.

all IMO

I think it doesn't help matters much when so many parents now are incredibly selfish. So many have forgotten to put their children first. Too many moms think it's no big deal to drop an infant at the age of 6 weeks off at daycare for 10 hours a day and never look back. Too many families don't even eat dinner together unless chowing down Mc Donalds in the minivan on the way somewhere.

all IMO

I am confounded---the mom was somehow selfish and deserved the death penalty because she's not Donna Reed? Home cooking dinner for her child? Kids first?? Over all else. Really?

Moms dropping kids off at daycare? In this financial crunch, people should feel guilty--or maybe fear their teens will kill them for making the hard choices?

Wow. The other choice is to abort and maybe the point of the previous post is to do so before these kids grow up resentful of daycare and fast food and decide the penalty is death. Scary!

you ask whats wrong with our kids?....when i was growing up all we had to watch was lone ranger, superman, etc to mimic.....i remember my brother thinking he was superman and trying to jump out a window once....now we have playstation games where people come back to life after being killed over and over...i think sometimes when kids shoot others they may thnk they will just pop back up like on the game...
and then theres all the violence on tv......
take a good look at each decade of people and you will see drastic changes in peoples behaviors due to the exposures of violence and sex from games and tv!
there really needs to be more dicipline in the world...especially prisons....some people really like it there because its so easy i still say they need to go back to hard labor prisons everywhere for all crimes no matter what!
you kill someone..be prepared to die as soon as your trial is over...no waiting 20 years on appeals...you got 90 days!

I am confounded---the mom was somehow selfish and deserved the death penalty because she's not Donna Reed? Home cooking dinner for her child? Kids first?? Over all else. Really?

Moms dropping kids off at daycare? In this financial crunch, people should feel guilty--or maybe fear their teens will kill them for making the hard choices?

Wow. The other choice is to abort and maybe the point of the previous post is to do so before these kids grow up resentful of daycare and fast food and decide the penalty is death. Scary!

my point is children are less connected/bonded to their parents and society. parents hand em a gameboy, plop em in front of the tv and allow hours on end playing video games when they are home. basically daycares aka strangers and electronics aka free babysitters are raising the kids

imo true parenting is a lost art.

my point is children are less connected/bonded to their parents and society. parents hand em a gameboy, plop em in front of the tv and allow hours on end playing video games when they are home. basically daycares aka strangers and electronics aka free babysitters are raising the kids

imo true parenting is a lost art.

My mom was home full time in the 1970s, but most of my classmates were latch-key kids.....let themselves into an empty house (no day care or game boys for any of us, but we all knew McDonalds...stay at home mom or not). Not one single parent I knew was killed.

Today, my sister's kids are all about self-esteem and having races where no one wins or loses. EVERYONE is a winner. Ooops, but despite that, kids are in the headlines because they want to kill their moms (and their unborn siblings) and recently a teen killed his mom to get his girlfriend a boob job.

McDonalds and Daycare? No.

Kids nowadays are lacking in the morals department; they have lack or no morals. (not all of them; yet a lot of them). I see this within my own family with 8 nieces & nephews. It's almost a dog eat dog survival thing. (8 kids between 3 siblings of mine)
One has been arrested at age 11 already; another 2 have 3 arrests each and are early 20's in age. The one is 12 and dresses like she's 18 and in a music video. It's ridiculous..

When I was growing up the majority of mothers didn't work. Dad worked and brought in the paycheck and mom stayed at home and tended to the house and kids. It was really unheard of for mothers to work. Most people didn't charge items that they wanted but saved up for them. Credit cards were unheard of but you could put items on a contract in stores. People lived within their means and didn't have to have every toy designed. Most people had modest homes and were happy with them. Newlyweds didn't have to have the very best of everything from home to furnishings to car and truck. They usually started out with hand-me-downs and were happy to get them.

Life wasn't so fast paced then and it was so much better. Sure kids got in trouble now and then but nothing like it is now days. I didn't grow up in a big city but I don't think it was that much different there then.

Now days most people live paycheck to paycheck and are in debt up to their ears. The majority of mothers work because they have to....to keep those debts paid. Yes, everything is more expensive now then it was when I was growing up but wages are also higher then they were then. I think we are just so used to having to have so much and that is the problem.

Kids are used to having a lot of material things too. This is a whole different generation of teens. You don't see many older cars in the high school parking lot. Most of the nice cars are paid for by mom and dad. Our kids are spoiled.
They aren't used to being told "no." I'm not talking about all kids but a good majority of them. They party and do what they please. They act like their parents owe them. Parents don't dare discipline their kids because they will call 911 and THEY WILL DO IT. They know their rights!

It's not all the kids fault or the parents fault. It is this day and age and what we have become as compared to the way it used to be. I think it was so much better when moms could stay home...kids could be disciplined with love...and we didn't have to have everything that our friends or neighbors have. We are a selfish spoiled nation and we are paying for it.

I'm sorry. I work, and so does my husband. We do it because we HAVE to, not due to debt that we selfishly incurred, but just to afford to live. I don't think we should assume that if both parents have to work it is because they were selfish, or materialistic. Our car is 9 yrs old, our t.v, bedroom furniture, everything except the couches (which we've had for 4 yrs now) are ALL second hand. We live in a modest home (1173 square feet) which we chose to buy because it is cheaper than renting since hurricanes took out most rental properties here. My husband is college educated, prior military and makes pretty good money . So why do we both have to work? So we can pay taxes, medical and dental, make sure our kids have food, clothes (which are bought on sale....real sales) and a safe place to live.
We work 5 days a week to make sure these selfish needs are met.

I totally agree it's the lack of morals. It has NOTHING to do with a parent that works or stays home.

The question is: will we ever get back to a more respectful society??

In my estimation parents are afraid to tell the kids NO! They are afraid to disipline them / parents have NO rights 'what so ever'. They have to play keeping up with the Jones.......our kids are spoiled & selfish.

How many kids today have to do chores? How many of their friends have to???
How many kids today have to earn what they want in life? Very FEW!
Kids today don't want to do something they don't! Pure & simple & if your a parent what are you going to do about it???? NOTHING!!!!

If you try you get ABUSE charges slapped against you!
This is the society people apparently like nobody is willing to do a thing about it! Sure is a shame it has came to this~~~

Children have killed parents since the beginning of time for a variety of reasons.

I don't believe we have more parentcide today than "back then". I believe we live in a 24/7 worldwide news world, and so we hear about bad behavior everywhere instead of just the bad behavior that happens in our own backyard.

30 years ago in the small Southern town where I grew up, a son killed his mother. I'll bet no one in California ever heard about it.

I don't think kids today are bad eggs because of ____________________ (insert-reason-here). I think the vast majority of children and young people on this planet are respectful, hardworking and kind-hearted.

A son killing his mother makes the news because it IS uncommon behavior. They're not running stories on all the sons that came home that day and did their homework and then helped their Mom clear the dinner table because that's the norm. Let's not condemn all our youth via the abnormal actions of a few.

My prayers for this family and for everyone hurt by this terrible crime. A 14-year-old is a child. If he is a danger to society, he needs to be put someplace where he cannot hurt others - but I also hopes that he gets help because he needs that too.

Children have killed parents since the beginning of time for a variety of reasons.

I don't believe we have more parentcide today than "back then". I believe we live in a 24/7 worldwide news world, and so we hear about bad behavior everywhere instead of just the bad behavior that happens in our own backyard.

30 years ago in the small Southern town where I grew up, a son killed his mother. I'll bet no one in California ever heard about it.

I don't think kids today are bad eggs because of ____________________ (insert-reason-here). I think the vast majority of children and young people on this planet are respectful, hardworking and kind-hearted.

A son killing his mother makes the news because it IS uncommon behavior. They're not running stories on all the sons that came home that day and did their homework and then helped their Mom clear the dinner table because that's the norm. Let's not condemn all our youth via the abnormal actions of a few.

My prayers for this family and for everyone hurt by this terrible crime. A 14-year-old is a child. If he is a danger to society, he needs to be put someplace where he cannot hurt others - but I also hopes that he gets help because he needs that too.

It's funny but I was just having a chat along these lines this AM with one of my daughters. I told her I was sick of parents being blamed when they punish one of their children. Kids today, for the most part, are NOT nice little children; kids today have changed. There is something almost pathological about some of them.

I babysit for several of my grandkids and most are ok, the usually snooty, little kid types, but there is one who is weird. This little girl just stares at you. She does what she wants and you have to be VERY firm to even get her to answer you. No, she isn't deaf and she isn't autistic, but she is weird. My other daughter agrees with this, I see it, her mother sees it and has taken her to some sort of counselor, but she appears to check out normal.

I've learned a lot of patience with this kid, I learned to count to ten and go outside to have a cigarette before I do something drastic because I am really tempted.

The rest of the kids are fresh, and spoiled - tv will do that I believe, yet they do respond to a good swat, just like we did as childrenl I believe the bleeding hearts who have never raised a child have a lot to do with it also. They are always on the bandwagon about how to raise kids with love, etc., yet they don't have to live with them and condemn those of us who do.

I gave my kids a good swat and exactly what clothing, toys, etc., I could afford. I gave what love I had to give, but to hear some on here and other places, they should be the be all and end all of existence. I do not believe that. Maybe if they weren't the be all and end all, they'd know how to behave and not think it's okay to blast a hole in your brothers, sisters, and parents.

End of rant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back