GUILTY IA - Seth Kehoe, 2, murdered, 7yo brother injured, Littleton, 26 Oct 2008

capoly

Reaction score
Kehoe family found, 2-year-old dead

A 2-year-old Coralville boy was found dead and his mother and 7-year-old brother are injured after they were reported missing Sunday night.........

Shortly before 8 a.m. Monday, Michelle Kehoe went to a home at 305 River Road Blvd. in Buchanan County. She was injured and said that her sons "were in danger," according to a news release..........

Michelle Kehoe made headlines in December 2007, when four men rescued her and her two children after her car plunged into the Iowa River.

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081028/NEWS01/810280328/1079

"In a statement released later on Monday night, the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said that both Michelle Kehoe and her other son, 7-year-old Sean Kehoe, were found in the family's mini-van suffering from serious injuries"
and then:
"In the latest matter, sheriff's deputies were called after Michelle Kehoe walked to a house at about 8 a.m. Monday and told the residents that "the children were in danger,"

So are they updating their article in the same article? I would guess the "latest matter" would be the mother walking to the house..
The vehicle wasn't involved in an accident involving their vehicle so that means maybe a person had killed the 2 year old and injured the mother and the other boy.
Unless she did it herself (i hate to say it; we can't rule out that scenario). Maybe she liked the attention she got when she drove into the river and good samaritans saved her and the boys.
Otherwise we need to find out where the husband was around that time as well.

"In a statement released later on Monday night, the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said that both Michelle Kehoe and her other son, 7-year-old Sean Kehoe, were found in the family's mini-van suffering from serious injuries"
and then:
"In the latest matter, sheriff's deputies were called after Michelle Kehoe walked to a house at about 8 a.m. Monday and told the residents that "the children were in danger,"

So are they updating their article in the same article? I would guess the "latest matter" would be the mother walking to the house..
The vehicle wasn't involved in an accident involving their vehicle so that means maybe a person had killed the 2 year old and injured the mother and the other boy.
Unless she did it herself (i hate to say it; we can't rule out that scenario). Maybe she liked the attention she got when she drove into the river and good samaritans saved her and the boys.
Otherwise we need to find out where the husband was around that time as well.

I believe the "latest matter" is referring to a car accident from 2007 where the mother ran her car into a river and her and her kids had to be rescued. The details are confusing and so are the articles.

I read all the articles and I am still unclear how the 2 year old died. The December accident aside, what the heck happened here??

I haven't really heard much. They have not said what the injuries to the mother and older child are nor have they said what the other boys cause of death was. They just indicated that it wouldn't likely have been random considering the area where they were. It's very strange, even if it's not related to the incident just 10 months ago.

According to the article, the death and injuries were NOT related to the van, ruling out a traffic accident. So that, IMO, leaves some kind of violence. If so, who did it?

I am rather skeptical about the sheriff's statement that this accident doesn't tie in to last December's. Reading between the lines, it sounds as if this mother made two attempts to kill her children, and this one succeeded in the death of the two-year-old.

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081028/NEWS01/81028002/1079

The Iowa Division of Criminal Information is still seeking information from the public about the events that led to the death of two-year-old Seth Kehoe.

An autopsy on Kehoe was scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. today.

The DCI is not releasing any new information about their investigation into what happened to the Kehoe family, including whether any charges are being pursued.

“We’re trying to be strategic about what information we’re releasing,” said Department of Public Safety spokesperson Jessica Lown. “At this point, we don’t want to show the cards we have in our hand, so to speak. Since we don’t have anybody in custody, we want to keep all of our options open to our agents.”
(more at link)

According to the article, the death and injuries were NOT related to the van, ruling out a traffic accident. So that, IMO, leaves some kind of violence. If so, who did it?

I am rather skeptical about the sheriff's statement that this accident doesn't tie in to last December's. Reading between the lines, it sounds as if this mother made two attempts to kill her children, and this one succeeded in the death of the two-year-old.

As much as I hate to say it I would have to agree. The first incident sounds like it could have been a failed murder suicide or she could have been planning to kill her children and narrowly make it out alive herself to avoid suspicion? Combined with the new incident I an inclined to believe that mom did not intend for the 7 year old to survive.

Am I reading correctly that she left the children in the van and showed up at a nearby home stating that her children were in danger? Who leaves their children hurt and alone like that in danger? I myself would fight tooth and nail for my children never would I leave that van with my babies inside for a moment

I know I am stating the obvious but, something is just not right!

http://www.kcci.com/news/17814879/detail.html

The story has been updated!

ETA: If the kids were in danger, the 2 yr old was found outside the van and the older boy inside the van, then something happened AFTER she went to get help. Why else would you leave the 2 yr old outside the van w/ injuries? Unless, the kids were in danger from her? Bi polar? Schizophrenic? Severely paranoid?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-ia-missingfamily-inv,0,6023814.story

Another scenario just came to me.

Van problems: tire, engine, etc
The family goes out at night to find help, attacked by bobcat (yes, we have bobcats in Iowa or other predatory animal), go back to van for safety .... knowing boy was seriously hurt left him outside for emotional or smell factor or in a hurry to find refuge from said animal and didn't get the younger boy in the van in time.

From update link on Always Watching's post:

"Investigators said Seth died from sharp force injuries to the neck"

This morning a person, claiming to have been at the scene, posted to one of the news articles that all three had, well, throat injuries....my words. The comment was removed but I did believe the poor soul...his/her distress was evident.

God bless the boys.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-ia-missingfamily-inv,0,6023814.story

Another scenario just came to me.

Van problems: tire, engine, etc
The family goes out at night to find help, attacked by bobcat (yes, we have bobcats in Iowa or other predatory animal), go back to van for safety .... knowing boy was seriously hurt left him outside for emotional or smell factor or in a hurry to find refuge from said animal and didn't get the younger boy in the van in time.

From reading the article the boys death has been deemed a homicide. Wouldn't the coroner be able to tell if the wounds came from an animal? I would like to know more about mom's injuries, could they be self inflicted?Is the 7 year old awake and does he remember what happened? I get the feel that LE may have a good idea of what happened but that they are keeping tight lipped for now

So more research on my part:

Coralville to Sumner is just at 2 hrs drive time (101 miles)

The family was last seen in Jesup at 12:30 which is 70 some miles from Coralville. So she was roughly 30 miles from her destination.

Jesup to Littleton (the nearest town to her found location) is ONLY 6 MILES!

So another (unlikely) scenario is she picked up a hitchiker or stopped to help and was carjacked, taken to said pond, attacked and left for dead. I say unlikely since DCI (Dept of Criminal Investigation) says there is not a danger to others.

Both mom and older son had surgery and have not talked to LE yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back